Sign in to follow this  
Flatline

Dig and lower clay - please change

I would ask to PLEASE change clay so we can dig it down and continue to lower it under water, back to levels it was at under the water.  From all our experiments it seems that once clay has been raised, the raised clay tile is raised forever as the clay cannot be dug down (by someone with 70+ mining only) further than how deep you can dig with a shovel under water, then you cannot lower it any further.  So for clay:

1. You cannot dig it further than shovel deep under water

2. You cannot dredge it to make it deeper.

3. You cannot pack it

4. You cannot pave it

5. You cannot build on it

If you can raise clay, I suggest you should be able to lower it as well.  I don't mind it being difficult or need high skills (like I said 70+ digging just to get it below water level again), but please allow for the people with the skills to be able to dredge it then as well.  In a sandbox game we should be able to terraform all terrain types, even clay, and in this case, both by raising it AND lowering it as low as we would like it to go.  

Clay is a needed community resource for pottery and mortar creating. As long as players can not create a clay tile, players should not be able to destroy or make unavailable a clay tile.

You should think of building elsewhere.

Edited by zorako

I am not talking about destroying clay tiles.  I am talking about lowering clay that has been raised by passing noobs not knowing that it can never be lowered or dug down.  Clay tiles in the middle of the ocean or a lake which have been raised for use is not the issue here, it is clay in front of a deed making it impassable by large ships, and also on a deed where the owner of the deed may want the option to terraform the clay similar ways to dirt.  

Clay is a needed community resource for pottery and mortar creating. As long as players can not create a clay tile, players should not be able to destroy or make unavailable a clay tile.

You should think of building elsewhere.

I didn't see him ask anywhere to destroy it, or make it any more unavailable than someone who chooses to wall off their property that contains a clay tile within it.

+1 to being able to dredge clay tiles back down.

• Like 1