Sign in to follow this  
Angharrad

Unable to launch application

When a friend of mine attempts to launch the Wurm jar file, it gives a screen stating that the application can not be launched and then closes. We have tried re installing java ( Several times, several versions) as well as turning Java to medium security in the java control panel as well as other little fixes here and there that we found online. The log in screen is never seen, the application just will not run. We have also rebooted a whole lot and redownloaded the client quite a few times, too.

Yeah, 64 bit. Although, somehow the issue has literally resolved itself in the past 5 minutes. So i guess i need to work out how to close a thread now...

Apparently she used a command we tried earlier and it worked for her.

typed "javaws -J-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp" into Run

Edited by Angharrad

I usually only get that message when I either didnt connect to the internet or a firewall/program is blocking it. It might be an idea to check out the firewall on your friends computer. Can easily see by temporarily disabling the firewall and launching wurm. If it launches then, it might be an idea to tweak your firewall settings so you dont have to disable it (and be unprotected) everytime you play wurm.

If it doesnt work, I am sure posting the error message it gives will help the more tech savvy people on the forums with fixing your issue :)

edit: arrgh, seems it is solved already, haha. Well, cant say I didnt try to help at least :D Lets hope it keeps on working.

Edited by Viti

I'm having the same issue, I disabled the firewall and it still did not work, did you ever figure out the cause to the problem?

Well, thats what we did to get it working...

I mean, theres a bunch of fix threads  you can check out.

If two people feel sick they may still need different treatment. It's important to know the details. The general info "Unable to start application" does not mean much. So please keep it in your thread Williamscott.