Sign in to follow this  
islixana

Bow Solution for ALL priests

Bow Solution for ALL priests

so most people seems don't want all priests to be able use bows. Bows are extremely important on both Land mounted pvp, Boat pvp, and defense where you need to be able to shoot over a low wall.

Since both ice shard and fire heart are worthless and work in 0 of these situations ( thou at lest mag gets to use a real bow ). An give then new ish armor changes where now there is a listed glance chance on both frost/fire and acid damages.

I suggest the removal of fire heart and ice shard, not sure if fo has a direct attack to remove and unsure of libs direct attack that could be removed.

and instead replacement them with a summon-able bow that deals damage comparable to a bow but uses priests skills instead aka channeling / sd /st religion and so on.

so a vyn priest should shot ice based damage arrows with no physical component

mag fire with no physical component 

fo acid with no physical component

and lib would shot physical arrows that deal an infected wound.

removal of bows from mag and lib would be required sure people will have a fit about that but would be required to make the system work

how bows decay and number of shots work could be talked out but this at lest provided the basic idea on a priestly solution.

edit sigh wrong sub forum

Edited by islixana

How does this address the concerns of the ppl who don't want them to have bows? They would end up having bows in everything but name as I look at it.

How does this address the concerns of the ppl who don't want them to have bows? They would end up having bows in everything but name as I look at it.

unfortunately that's impossible thing to do as today i have never seen a  " concern of the people don't want them to have bows" other then they want to have an large pvp advantage over xyv.  Until they provide an actual concern you will never people able to sate thous people.

Just let them use bows, this (magic) would probably be much stronger than a bow anyway as currently useless on plate and if they got shield might as well save your arrows.  Its not even really a balance issue either as can just burn 0.1 faith to shoot some horses, which is nothing more than a minor inconvenience when get high faith and nothing to aim for.  Well unless intend to shoot a person then you could burn ALOT of faith before someone dies.

Edited by Rushy

Add leather slings to the game that use rock shards as ammo, lesser range/damage, but still effective, we all win.

unfortunately that's impossible thing to do as today i have never seen a  " concern of the people don't want them to have bows" other then they want to have an large pvp advantage over xyv.  Until they provide an actual concern you will never people able to sate thous people.

Priests need some disadvantages to not make them much more superior on PvP servers. Personally I think the no archery works well, it makes a lot of people think twice before priesting and at the same time it doens't ruin PvP.

As a priest, you're not completely out of luck. You can still use your bow to shoot down some horses. The faith loss isn't very bad, I use my bow pretty much every pvp encounter and I'm a Fo priest.

• Like 3

Add leather slings to the game that use rock shards as ammo, lesser range/damage, but still effective, we all win.

Priests need some disadvantages to not make them much more superior on PvP servers. Personally I think the no archery works well, it makes a lot of people think twice before priesting and at the same time it doens't ruin PvP.

As a priest, you're not completely out of luck. You can still use your bow to shoot down some horses. The faith loss isn't very bad, I use my bow pretty much every pvp encounter and I'm a Fo priest.

there is basically 5 things that i have seen that are required in 90% of all pvp situations not being able to do 1 of these things effectively brakes pvp for the player 

1 ride a horse , 2 use a melee weapon and or shield, 3 ride a boat, 4 , use armor , and attack at ranged with equal effectiveness as your opponent.  everything els can be a slight advantage or disadvantage such as pillars, catapults, bashing, making mine doors, and so on. but the core 5 are a must to really be effective on a player by player bases if you are missing 1 of thous your are a huge disadvantage that you have no way of over coming.

there is basically 5 things that i have seen that are required in 90% of all pvp situations not being able to do 1 of these things effectively brakes pvp for the player 

1 ride a horse , 2 use a melee weapon and or shield, 3 ride a boat, 4 , use armor , and attack at ranged with equal effectiveness as your opponent.  everything els can be a slight advantage or disadvantage such as pillars, catapults, bashing, making mine doors, and so on. but the core 5 are a must to really be effective on a player by player bases if you are missing 1 of thous your are a huge disadvantage that you have no way of over coming.

so bad..... 

EDIT:leave bows how they are

Edited by shankiest

I agree here with BrQQQ, things are best the way they are with this. Magranon and Libila priests are pvp focused, whereas Fo and Vynoran priests are not pvp focused, so I don't think it makes any sense to give them part of what makes Mag (and Libila) good. I think you do address a REAL problem here though, when you mention that ice shard and fire heart are useless. 

required in 90% of all pvp situations ... not being able to do effectively brakes pvp for the player ...

3 ride a boat ... if you are missing 1 of thous your are a huge disadvantage that you have no way of over coming.

I'm also not sure where you came up with this from, but I can safely assure you, 90% of all pvp situations do not entail boat combat. 

This IS an actual concern. Once again, Mag and Lib are pvp focused, as is made clear by their spell types, domain bonuses, and priest bonuses. Vynora and Fo are pve focused.

Edited by Arronicus

This IS an actual concern. Once again, Mag and Lib are pvp focused, as is made clear by their spell types, domain bonuses, and priest bonuses. Vynora and Fo are pve focused.

I have seen this argument a few times before but I'm sorry but i just don't buy it.  If this was true then both fo and vyn would not have any offensive spells or defensive spells for PvP.  They also would not be provided there own missions unless they where expected to have some kind of stake in the Valrei system which is basically what drives the idea behind epic server and PvP on it.

Edited by islixana

I have seen this argument a few times before but I'm sorry but i just don't buy it.  If this was true then both fo and vyn would not have any offensive spells or defensive spells for PvP.  They also would not be provided there own missions unless they where expected to have some kind of stake in the Valrei system which is basically what drives the idea behind epic server and PvP on it.

So if they are pve focused (Not COMPLETELY pve dedicated, but simply pve focused) they should have 0 pvp ability at all and be defenseless? That doesn't make much sense. As for their own missions, you'll notice, do not actually require pvp. Yes, Valrei is a driving idea behind the Epic server, but I've yet to see a mission that directly requires combat with another player, let alone with an enemy. Missions require the sacrifice of items, cutting of trees, sacrifice or slaying of animals and monsters (Occasionally tower or deed guards, in which case your own kingdom's works fine), or building of structures. 

A better statement would be Fo and Vyn are more combat support (defensive/buffs) focused and Lib and Mag are direct combat (offensive single target or AOE) focused, rather than saying either are just PVE/PVP focused.

There are more than a few complaints about not being able to kill Fo priests in PVP, while the Fo priest cannot really kill anyone else easily either without generally taking faith hits (no matter how small).

Edited by Hussars

I can understand Fo and Vynora not being able to use a bow, what I can't understand is how they aren't give some other means to gain the lost body control. Its kind of like the issue with gems, and sacrificial items, I could go on. Mag has easy street and the other priests get screwed.

Like I always say, let all gods use archery, let Mag lockpick, and let Libila catapult (if they still cannot).  Main idea of being a priest is that you can't craft, imo.

Not sure I really like the magic bow idea.

Too bad that a single rock shards weighs more than 100 arrows? Would be awesome, riding at pace speed to be able to shoot 10 times at a guy.

I can understand Fo and Vynora not being able to use a bow, what I can't understand is how they aren't give some other means to gain the lost body control. Its kind of like the issue with gems, and sacrificial items, I could go on. Mag has easy street and the other priests get screwed.

Mag cannot gain body stamina easily on epic though, nor can Fo, (both have to cut logs into kindling). But yea, I think body control is seen by most as a more important stat to start with.

Fo/vyn can hunt, make shafts, ect. for body control, or just do archery before they priest.

Much better than mag/fo's being only able to make shingles(low body stam)/mill(Near no body stam)

Fo/vyn can still use bows, faith hits don't matter much.

There are reasons for this, and I agree with them.

However, no spell should be useless. Maybe those spells you mentioned need a buff.

Edited by Ganken

This will never take off. These hots nerds can use bows and so can these MR nerds. They dont care about a fair suggestion.

My biggest issue is that it isn't even really restricted with the ability to go unfaithful and people got no problems with champions getting it, if your high faith, got access to many sermons or just plain crazy you can shoot.  So might as well remove the restriction, unless it is intended to be a reward for high faith priests who can afford the hit.

The restriction stops you skilling up not stopping you in PVP which would give them access to much needed body control, and really is a big deal with recent nerfs to archery.  Dont get me started on Body Stamina...

Edited by Rushy

I would like to see all priest have sensible options (ie. not milling) for all character statistics, the restrictions are pretty dumb and nothing to do with balance, not being able to improve is ample restriction and most crippling, screw the stupid lore type ones, oh no fo will cry if you pack dirt.  Terra forming type restrictions mean you end up with situation where cant dig as tree is in the way.

The conspiracy theorist could say it make priest remain firmly as ALT characters (I would say they are) as need another character to get around some of these, which mean more money to the devs :P

Edited by Rushy