Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Allow champs to gain champ points from draining ANY deed.

Allow champs to gain champ points from draining any deed regardless of size or guards.  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Allow champs to gain champ points from draining any deed regardless of size or guards.

• Yes
    • No
    • No - However there should be more ways to gain points.

As title says. Please give opinions.

Edited by Redd

youre joking right?

theres no need for this change.....

Would this not promote champions trashing smaller deeds with no guards which is "generally" the deeds with no guards rather than attacking larger deeds/obtaining kills by attacking said deeds? Champions weren't meant to be easy to keep.

There needs to be another way to get champion points, but I do not believe this is it.

• Like 1

Would this not promote champions trashing smaller deeds with no guards which is "generally" the deeds with no guards rather than attacking larger deeds/obtaining kills by attacking said deeds? Champions weren't meant to be easy to keep.

But this would still mean that they are out trying to get champ points - Right now the enemy will just wait 3 weeks and not let the champs get PvP, its a viable tactic. With this change champs maybe be viable and will cause PvP (think of the traps you could set!).

Just a quick question - Did you vote no because MR has 3 champs and you want them to dechamp under the system which you will not gain points or because you genuinely do not think that champs should be viable - To which i ask whats the point of champs?

There needs to be another way to get champion points, but I do not believe this is it.

A fair point - And i somewhat agree. Though i do not think we'll get anywhere for the next 2 months because MR has 3 champs. Allow them to get more points?! *ghasp* heavens no!

With the recent changes champions gain points from kills and drains....and this is chaos, so yeah.

Maybe add champion points from Hunt of Ancients? 1 point for a pillar and restricted to 1 point each hota.

Nope, raid a deed with 5+ guards. Raiding a deed with one or no guards is just easy points because a deed with so few guards probably has very weak defenses.

• Like 1

But this would still mean that they are out trying to get champ points - Right now the enemy will just wait 3 weeks and not let the champs get PvP, its a viable tactic. With this change champs maybe be viable and will cause PvP (think of the traps you could set!).

Just a quick question - Did you vote no because MR has 3 champs and you want them to dechamp under the system which you will not gain points or because you genuinely do not think that champs should be viable - To which i ask whats the point of champs?

You don't get PVP with 3 champions attacking a deed with <5 guards unless its a deed designed to be attacked..

I genuinely think it would simply promote champions including the 3 you mentioned going around the server and trashing every single deed they find to retain champion points and that simply does not promote PVP, PVP happens when both sides have an equal chance of winning for their own side or if PVP is inevitable.

Champions shouldn't use a "point system" like the one we have, however the ease of capping guard towers without any PVP was simply "lame" for lack of better words.

-1 rather have 3 deaths your out.

Agreed! Although it seems Rolf wants to clutch onto this broken system :/

• Like 2

Any deed.....hmmmm. Does it mean also your own kingdom`s deed?

No, just no.

Also I expect another game exploit because you`ll quickly make a freedom deed somewhere near HoM or any other MR deed just to farm points.

No, just no.

Just stop spoiling this game.

Edited by Mormo

I think champions should be forced to pvp; to kill people.

Otherwise, why bother in the first place.

• Like 1

I think champions should be forced to pvp; to kill people.

Otherwise, why bother in the first place.

Forced, no, but they should have some HEAVY incentive to do so.

Why I disagree with forcing them, people have way to many ways to completely avoid them, and could force one into dechamping because of it. Would it really be right, if a champion was out for a entire month actually working to fight other people, but every single one /suicides and denies him points or wtv? Now if you removed everything that's not really "right" in the current system, then I could see forcing them, but from what I've heard with all the ways to cheat people of getting the killing blows... I don't see that being fair on the champion player.

Forced, no, but they should have some HEAVY incentive to do so.

Why I disagree with forcing them, people have way to many ways to completely avoid them, and could force one into dechamping because of it. Would it really be right, if a champion was out for a entire month actually working to fight other people, but every single one /suicides and denies him points or wtv? Now if you removed everything that's not really "right" in the current system, then I could see forcing them, but from what I've heard with all the ways to cheat people of getting the killing blows... I don't see that being fair on the champion player.

It's called raiding a deed that actually has active players in it.

It's called raiding a deed that actually has active players in it.

And if those active players all /suicide right infront of the champ? That's my point, not that he/she couldn't find people... But actually killing one. We all know players DON'T pvp unless the odds are in there favor (the majority of the time)

• Like 1

Druid has hit the nail on the head, under this system its FAR too easy to "screw over" enemy champions.

Before it was "dont cap battlecamps or towers back tostarve them"

Then there's the "suicide if they get near you and you know you'll die" which was last months argument on the suggestion forum.

Deeds? "Reduce them all to maximum 4 guards so the drain gives the champions nothing"

Clearly the whole point system is flawed and just won't work, you can't have a timer based system that the enemy can so easily manipulate, 3 lives was always a better system for champs and always will be.

• Like 2

A little idea I just pulled out of my ass: A small amount of time for every templar killed in enemy presence, at the least it make people sit outside your deed for a while.  Im not sure on the specifics and how rolling up on a deed with 1 guy inside and 20 attackers would be prevented.  It has a bit of synergy with the not allowing defenders to log off on deed when enemies attack so that wont be a huge issue.

disclaimer. i play on Epic so only really had that in mind when I suggest it.

Edited by Rushy

I thought about this in the perspective of what we did to jayz and norad about how we were able to strangle their points by not caring about towers and camps and reducing the guards just enough so if they drained war deeds we wouldn't give a ###### about it either.  A change like this could possibly promote sides to defend those war deeds more viciously or disband the deed and lose the land. 

Would it promote trashing smaller deeds, hmm im not sure, it never stopped raids before with or without possibility of champ points, or see any reason why this would encourage the trashing of smaller deeds, i think by trashing you mean griefing. Or trashing you mean encouraging attacking easier target then probably yes, and by that would either force disbands, pushing those people off the server or create pvp. Though in this current climate this would probably force disbands instead of defenders coming to smaller deeds so this change is probably not the best idea.

I voted yes but im not sure this will promote pvp, i do think their should be more ways to gain points though as what druid stated makes sense about avoiding deaths from champs

Nope, raid a deed with 5+ guards. Raiding a deed with one or no guards is just easy points because a deed with so few guards probably has very weak defenses.

Well, perhaps you will think twice from placing blocking deeds, and actually start defending built up fortifications that can actually stop champs from just walking in.   

The whole system is completely stupid all you have to do is get on before or during a raid and reduce the number of guards so the champs can't get points.   Its even easier now to deny champ points then purposely not retaking towers.  All this change did was compound the problem and make even more of a mockery of the champ point system.  I didn't even think that was possible with how stupid it already was.    

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

Champs need more ways to get points now... with alts being used for the vast majority of possible enemy encounters, it's far too easy to just starve them of points since PvP can be avoided.

It was easy enough to starve champs of point before, by not retaking towers, but as a result land was lost. By removing the ability to gain points from towers, you are rewarding people for starving champs...   

There will always be more towers to cap. PvP is much harder to come by, especially if the enemy are intentionally not coming out to fight on mains and purely using alts. 

• Like 4