Sign in to follow this  
mrgbgbo

Should HOTA have a perimeter?

76 members have voted

1. 1. Should HOTA have a perimeter?

• Yes!
    • No!

As it is now you can build guard towers just 1 tile of the HOTA area BUT the problem is still that the guards can walk in to the HOTA area. HOTA should be no kingdom area and no guards allow. I don't know how many tiles a tower guard can walk but at some point one day a pillar is gonna spawn in an area of guards and thats just stupid.

Is this okey or is it wrong? 

I (think) the guards go 20 tiles from the tower.

Edited by Druidnature

Yea it probably should as its intended to be neutral, but I don't think people will build deeds or towers right on the edge as it would be lame sauce.

• Like 1

Would be nice some code prevented guards being on HotA, I know battlecamp guards wander far, I seen a Silver Anchor guard before nearly at the volcano.  Towers are just whatever, good for land control, but truth is building them in trafficed areas means less PvP, people are going to be much less likely to wander around towers knowing the aid they bring.  To each their own though.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

The area the pillars spawn should be 50-80 tiles inside the actual hota area. That would remove and issues

Controlling critical terrain is the entire purpose of towers. Obviously the real estate around HotA is more valuable, if you've got a problem with it, cap it. It'd be nice to see people struggle for terrain for a legitimate reason.

Edited by Enzius
  • Like 4

Controlling critical terrain is the entire purpose of towers. Obviously the real estate around HotA is more valuable, if you've got a problem with it, cap it. It's be nice to see people struggle for terrain for a legitimate reason.

You cant cap if its to close to a deed if you dident know that

Edited by mrgbgbo

-1, primarily because guards don't walk far in to hota area to make a difference to the hota area itself. Also because I think the suggestion is more fueled by 'Our enemies just did something that negatively affects us, so please nerf it' and not because they want the best for everyone.

• Like 11

You cant cap if its to close to a deed if you dident know that

Ah, forgive me. I did know that, but I didn't realize that was the driver. It sounds like your issue is less with towers and more with deeds in close proximity to Hota then?

• Like 1

Ah, forgive me. I did know that, but I didn't realize that was the driver. It sounds like your issue is less with towers and more with deeds in close proximity to Hota then?

Nope its the towers dont realy care about the deed or a deed. Jk mr bl what ever i am talking about the guards and thats what the topic is all about.

I guess I'm just a little confused. There have been towers around HotA in the past, so the new piece here is deed proximity. If the issue is that towers near Hota are broken because they can't be capped due to a deed in close proximity, adding a HotA perimeter only seems to address one link in a broken chain, the others being deed proximity to HotA and the inability to cap towers close to deeds, which are ignored by this action.

I love the Kingdom geopolitical aspect of the game, and would hate to see it changed over this. We need more reasons to be fighting over terrain, not less.

-1 tower guards were already made slow.  I'm pretty sure the 5000 aggressive mobs that destroy your horse on the steppe are a much larger concern than guards that are on the edge.

• Like 2

Why would anyone be against this though? Even though minor it would be an improvement, the hota area should remain neutral territory.

Why would anyone be against this though? Even though minor it would be an improvement, the hota area should remain neutral territory.

Because somebody has to spend a lot of time to code this, and in the end nothing will have changed for the hota area whatsoever, because the guards are only at the very edge of the steppe.

• Like 1

And also because there's a kingdom that is building towers right next to the hota within range of a deed they placed next to the hota so that they can't be captured.

• Like 1

Entirely within game mechanics, there's nothing wrong with whats being done.. just.. remove the deed if you don't like it.

Also, remember there's that..

>right click >bash

:o!!!!!!!!

"HERESY!! BASH?!?!?!?!!?!? MERE PEASANTS DO THAT!!!"

• Like 2

Entirely within game mechanics, there's nothing wrong with whats being done.. just.. remove the deed if you don't like it.

Also, remember there's that..

>right click >bash

:o!!!!!!!!

"HERESY!! BASH?!?!?!?!!?!? MERE PEASANTS DO THAT!!!"

why shall we bash something that are not suppose to be in range of a no kingdom area?

I seem to remember a unnamed gm destroying BL towers because they were close/on the the HOTA.

Edited by ausimus

Pretty sure no BL towers have been destroyed on the HotA. We still have like five in the HotA zone still.

Edited by Aflacduck

Rolf seemed perfectly fine with people building towers on hota, was that changed?

I don't think any tower has ever been removed on Elevation for being outside the hota area, so it's not really an argument.