Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Factional Fight will be Live Streaming Tonight

Hey all!

It is that time again for us to bring to you the next installment of The Friend Experiment. Join us tonight on our twitch channel to watch our episode live. You can find it at www.twitch.tv/factionalfight

• Like 1

We will be starting in an hour or so if all goes according to plan.

Is this a pvp thing you gonna go raid some jerks and steal their corn?

I'm assuming they are continuing with their "Friend experiment" series, which is on the Freedom servers. So I doubt there will be any raiding XD

I'm just messing around waiting for the stream to finally start.

Live Streaming the inconvenient fad. I really don't see much benefit to this. I mean people have to arrange to be online at the specific time to view this stream. Perhaps for some large corporate game with 10,000's of players there might be enough of them willing to log on to a streaming site at a specific time wishing to participate by making some comments, as this seems to be the only benefit that I can see in live streaming.

To me it is so much better just to view your vids on YouTubs or your website whenever I have the inclination or time to do so. No scheduled streaming time needs to be attended. This is why I term live streaming to be an inconvenient fad, with Twitch the new kid on the block to play around with. Hopefully others will get this message and stick to posting vids on the more conventional sites where everyone can view them at their leisure.

Anyway, enjoyed viewing the latest FE7 on YouTubs. Nicely done there.

=Ayes=

Don't they still post there videos? They probably just live stream for those that care to watch/comment live, shouldn't slow them down any.

We do the live streams because they are much more fun to do. They definitely change the way we view recording because when we record without live streaming we always have the idea in the backs of our mind that we can cut things out if they go wrong. In a live stream, we have to be more focused and off the cuff. In the past we would even pause the recording and discuss what we should do next before recording more. Later we would edit the video and it would appear seamless which did have it's advantages, but it was really a result of poor planning or that we just weren't that good at doing these. We have gotten better and as we practice more and more with the live streams, things begin to feel more natural.

In addition, we used to interact with the audience during our Q&A session where we would take questions that are posted on youtube/forums/our website and address them in the next episode. While this was always a good time, doing the live streams allows us to do this real time with the audience. Someone can comment about something they see as we are recording and we can address it then and there.

We always post our live streams afterwards for everyone to see and most people watch this way. However, I do feel like those people who join us weekly during the live stream enjoy the experience a bit more because they feel that they are apart of the show. 

How does live streaming inconvenience anyone and since when is playing games with your friends a fad?

I watched some of the last stream but after awhile the issues with Twitch or lost packets or whatever that was got to be too much so I went back to Netflix for my background noise. Hopefully if I watch the next ones they'll be more of a smooth experience.

It turned out that we continued recording during the twitch outages so the posted youtube version is actually seamless. Hopefully twitch is working next week.

streaming its nice,for me the only problem its that using twitch.tv doesnt allow viewers to change the video output,which for me it means my computer cant handle it,which could be solve if u used youtube to stream instead,that would also autoupload the videos for you.

buy anyway i cant watch it live for those reasons but can still watch it later when its on youtube.