Sign in to follow this  
Edvinas

Automatic damage repair on deed

-1. Nothing should (imo) automatically repair itself. Wounds make sense, because bodies do heal, but inanimate objects? Why not just plant the deed, BEFORE you build the walls? Has worked out well for me. Just build enough walls to protect the deed itself, and if you absolutely need some form of enclosure, throw up temporary 1x1 wood houses along the corners.

I like this. Can really help for those times where you accidently let the upkeep dip down a bit.

-1. Nothing should (imo) automatically repair itself. Wounds make sense, because bodies do heal, but inanimate objects? Why not just plant the deed, BEFORE you build the walls? Has worked out well for me. Just build enough walls to protect the deed itself, and if you absolutely need some form of enclosure, throw up temporary 1x1 wood houses along the corners.

Yer might of worked for you but then again you play on a no risk server, come try it in epic or chaos a see how fast it gets drained. Plus it wouldn't be 'magicly repaired the spirit Templars would be the ones to do the repairing

But anyway +1

biggest problem is bsbs and forges.

very bad to come back to game after a week to notice 1-2 bsbs gone.

Deed should prevent decay :)

• Like 2

Another suggestion would be to decrease repair timer if damage is less than 10.

Repair timer being based on damage certainly makes sense.

• Like 1

biggest problem is bsbs and forges.

very bad to come back to game after a week to notice 1-2 bsbs gone.

Deed should prevent decay :)

Agreed.  

Along with fountains and wells, ovens, barrels, statues, benches, coffins and all their contents, your lantern in your inventory, flower pots, etc, etc, all at risk of being gone if you're unfortunate enough to not be able to log in every day to check every little item on your entire deed to make sure they didn't get one of the random, massive decay ticks that seem to happen a lot.  Being prevented from playing 24/7 should not be a cause for anxiety attacks worrying about your pixels that you're paying for in a "game" you play for relaxation.

+1 to the op, and make it no decay on-deed when it's paid over 30 days.

Edited by Amadee

If you make items high enough qlty they last forever......no way should all things be repaired for you just because you have a deed.

Bin and item loss helps rid the game of excess resources and items that have been piled up so I do not see a problem with that if someone doesn't want to imp them up or take care of them.

Now if you want to add another NPC for 3s a month that you can hire to fix your stuff.......that might be something to talk about.

If you make items high enough qlty they last forever......no way should all things be repaired for you just because you have a deed.

Bin and item loss helps rid the game of excess resources and items that have been piled up so I do not see a problem with that if someone doesn't want to imp them up or take care of them.

Now if you want to add another NPC for 3s a month that you can hire to fix your stuff.......that might be something to talk about.

Logically thinking here...

If a spirit templar did the repairs, they would also not be able to auto repair during a PVP attack, only in times of piece.  On PVE servers, trolls could very well bash apart walls because the guards are too busy to repair (if they have been hired at all).

If you "paid" a Repairman NPC to repair... then they would have no reason NOT to repair during a Raid/Troll attack.

I still think balancing Repair with hired guards and stockpiles of repair materials in a central BSB is the best solution and would lead to:

1.  People hiring more guards on PVE servers.  You can still repair everything if you think it is such a great idea to do it all yourself, no one is saying you have to pay for the right to repair things.

2.  Good solution for casual players who want a bigger deed, but not the hours and hours it takes every week to keep it up at lower skills. Hiring another player is a trust issue and can risk the paying players chances of returning again and again to the game.  In wurm, people have a boiling point of being swindled too many times by other players.

3.  That same paying player could very well buy up lots of repair supplies from the player base.  If they are willing to pay for guards to repair their deeds, they would most likely be willing to pay for lots of low QL materials leading to lots of jobs for lower skilled/non-premium players.

Logically thinking here. -1 

What's illogical about an npc repairing? You might as well argue that we shouldn't have guards, because enemies automatically taking damage from "nothing" isn't realistic. 

3- If you're like that guy. A one time repair+ improve won't kill you.

It could knock me out of being a priest though.

2.  Good solution for casual players who want a bigger deed, but not the hours and hours it takes every week to keep it up at lower skills. Hiring another player is a trust issue and can risk the paying players chances of returning again and again to the game.  In wurm, people have a boiling point of being swindled too many times by other players.

3.  That same paying player could very well buy up lots of repair supplies from the player base.  If they are willing to pay for guards to repair their deeds, they would most likely be willing to pay for lots of low QL materials leading to lots of jobs for lower skilled/non-premium players.

Yes, like me. The way I see it is, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. What sense is spending hours and hours and hours to grind, only to have no one to sell your wares to? Who are you trying to impress? What is the point of becoming a master of a skill if no one is interested in the items you can make? Craftsmen are building up a TRADE. Not a trophy. Be happy that some people don't find joy in pressing the same button thousands of times, and are happy make safe homes and farms.

Yer might of worked for you but then again you play on a no risk server, come try it in epic or chaos a see how fast it gets drained. Plus it wouldn't be 'magicly repaired the spirit Templars would be the ones to do the repairing

But anyway +1

lol I guess I saw this a bit late; I play on Epic: Desertion 

you might be surprised, but I had incomplete deed walls for over 3 weeks and didn't get drained. Had.

Edited by Arronicus