Sign in to follow this  
Edvinas

Automatic damage repair on deed

Before we planted our deed we first built the walls surrounding the area and the token house before placing the deed token itself. During that construction time some walls managed to get up to 2 damage. I find it really annoying to go past 100+ walls and repair them one by one.

So my suggestion is, if the deed upkeep is above a certain number, make it so that the templars so to say repair the walls on deed by a tiny amount (maybe 0.1 or something like that per day).

• Like 2

That would solve a lot of problems with repairing and stuff. I definitely agree with you. +1

• Like 1

given your not wanting them to insta repair and gave it a modest per day repair... +1 for that and the idea

• Like 1

+1 from me, hate to go through all of the walls and repair, especially when no matter the damage you still need to wait 30s...

I had a few ideas around this a few years ago.  Essentially, a central BSB would be tied to the deed. Hired guards (yes, you'd have to pay extra) would use up resources to repair walls and other stationary items.

So, in order to keep your village standing, you'd need to keep your BSB full of the resources needed for repair.

This would mean, if a player dumps 10 years of coin into their coffer, if their BSB isn't also full the village could decay.  On PVP servers, an abandoned deed where a player quit becomes easier over time to raid as things decay away.

Yeah 30s set timer is a pain if you're only wanting to repair a very small amount of damage. 0.1 a day seems pretty reasonable too.

+1, I may actually buy a templer then. But it should apply containers.
Also what would be nice is if tools didn't decay so bloody much when they are stored correctly in the provided chests and racks... That is beyond a joke.

Edited by AlexLong

+1 all the while say 50 days upkeep is in, maybe a better rate with over 100 days

Why not encourage people to have more upkeep? It means that disused deeds would hang around longer so maybe increase decay when lower than 30 days to balance

isnt there a spell like RoS alrdy for this ?

isnt there a spell like RoS alrdy for this ?

Indeed there is, but it requires the structures to be in Magranon domain therefore becoming useless for most deeds.

Edited by Edvinas

I don't like so much autodomagicmaintenanceiflotsamunyintoken,

I'm happy enough with the stasis field that surrounds a deed and maintenance of lamps and signs.

Edited by Alec

They are not there to be your NPC repair guy.....If you have damage on your stuff....Get to WORK!!

Oops almost forgot...

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 2

stop being lazy wurm is a game of time -1

They are not there to be your NPC repair guy.....If you have damage on your stuff....Get to WORK!!

Oops almost forgot...

If I pay one... and it never "defends" anything... and I provide all of the materials for the repair...

I don't see the issue.  We do the same with the Army Corps of Engineers in the US ;)

I see a lot of people disagree, but you have to take into account that a tall stone wall with 0.0001 damage still takes 30 seconds and a brick to repair like Ruxin mentioned before.

I can't disagree that I'm suggesting this not out of laziness, however I think that for such minor damage there should be minor effort. Besides you'd have to keep high enough upkeep or have at least one templar around so technically there is work included just in other form.

Edited by Edvinas

I see a lot of people disagree, but you have to take into account that a tall stone wall with 0.0001 damage still takes 30 seconds and a brick to repair like Ruxin mentioned before.

I can't disagree that I'm suggesting this not out of laziness, however I think that for such minor damage there should be minor effort. Besides you'd have to keep high enough upkeep or have at least one templar around.

A brick on walls will repair 10-20 damage. If you're daft enough to waste a brick to repair 0.0001 damage, then you diserve the 30s and the loss of the brick.

Also -1 for the post, there's too much wrong with it. You already get no decay on deeed, plus i'd rather see when my stuff is damaged and repair it myself. I'd rather have manually repaired and improved ql 50 walls, than ql 1 walls. That auto repair.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

+1. I play games to have fun, not to feel like I have more work to do.

+1. I play games to have fun, not to feel like I have more work to do.

1- Then quit wurm. Wurm is like all work all the time.

2- On deed your walls will take damage on two occasions: You allow upkeep to dwindle below 30 days - your fault, fix it. A troll bashes it, sucks, but is also quite rare, although sometimes yields catastrophic results, and being lame.

3- If you're like that guy. A one time repair+ improve won't kill you. Gives you masonry and repair skill, and only uses a few bricks/stone shards/planks. Unless you really let it go.

If you build stuff before you can deed it and then deed over it and pay for your deed well in advance, a reverse in damage tick would be great, e.g. repair over 100 days of being deeded.  Then you can imp them if you want. 

+1