Sign in to follow this  
Thorakkanath

Drop should be just drop

As most of the things i have in wurm to make my life easier, i have hotkeys for drop and take.

Now the other day I accidentally hit the drop hotkey on the coc (mind you 89 power) water instead of the barrel itself. Needless to say I almost had a heart attack.

Drop should only do 'drop' and not 'pour' or anything else it might be related with. If you right click water, you do not even get a drop option - and it does make sense as you cannot 'drop' water.

I know is not a big change, and should be easy enough to implement.

And I am also sure that I am not the only person that this ever happened to :)

+1 and while we are at it can I get a confirmation for dropping anything currently equiped ?

Nod, I've dumped my coc and woa watter several times.   Also sacrificed the wrong rare item etc

Sucks when you do it but it's easy to miss click as well as binding a drop key, though I imagine it's easier with the drop key.  

At least, there is no benefit to coc/woa on water so you are not out anything.

Wasn't it that coc Water only works for Cloth Tailoring but not Smithing or something like that?

I use the drop bind to empty my bucket all the time.  I personally like having a single key to drop and pour. I use it to drop stews, when mass cooking. I think I would rather have an "are you sure" message if trying to drop enchanted water.

-1 for me, since I am out of keys and not wanting to do F-key profile switching for key binds.