Sign in to follow this  
Siime Rowpha

Crafting window bug

i was making bricks the other day, and noticed if you forget to combine the shards and i make my 5 i get the to little material message, ok no problem.. then click the combine button, you need to redrag yer stack of shards into the crafting window, so you can continue making bricks, after you combine, if combined from the beginning no issue..

Edited by Siime Rowpha

What is the bug? It is a different set of materials I always thought.

say you can pick up 12 shards, i forget to combine them in the crafting window, it goes through the first 5 shards, i hit craft again it says try to combine blah blah. then in the cradting window, i hit the combine button, then hit craft button again, nothing happens, i then have to re drag the exact same pile now combined into 1 back into the crafting window, over top the icon for the exact same pile already in there to get it to work, now if i hit the craft button it works as it should again...

not sure how else to explain it

Edited by Siime Rowpha

I understand what you are saying. I am saying it is not bug as the materials have changed completely. Kind of like having car keys in your pocket but not the car keys for your car, then putting the keys back into your pocket and having them magically be the keys for your car. Doesn't work. I have forgotten countless times to combine my materials before attempting crafting window, every time I forget I imagine my memory skill increasing in real life by 0.001785 or some such number :)

then why does this not happen when i drag 12 shards in then combine them first, then make bricks, try it for yourself.  try it dragging in and combining, then do it with out combining them first you will see what i am talking about.

The inventory window and the crafting window do not represent the same thing. If I drag 5 20 Kg shards into the crafting window and start crafting, the crafting interface only recognizes the first 3 or 4 or 5(whatever your limit for queueing is). Once those shards are no longer large enough to manipulate, they are skipped (with a message stating that they do not have enough material to work with) and you lose the queue for those skipped. They will not reorder by size in the crafting window. If you combine first, for example 6 20Kg shards, then you drag 1 120 Kg shard into the crafting window and can make about 7 bricks with that.

At any rate, the crafting window does not automatically update materials from your inventory unless you drag them into it.

JasonoNovi, not sure if you are a troll or what, but let me help Siime Rowpha before he punch his monitor.

2 scenarios:

1) drag 12 shards to the crafting window, hit combine so it turns into 1 shard, hit create and it creates merrily until the shard is used up.

2) drag 12 shards to the crafting window, hit create so it uses partially the first 5 shards, then hit combine, then it doesn't work.

Since scenario 1 works, which you can't seem to grasp that it does, scenario 2 is a bug.

In scenario 1 he is not combining them before he drags them to the crafting window, he is combining them USING the crafting window. It is the same 12 shards that gets combined by the crafting window into a new item either way.

I just realised the whole problem is that you probably haven't noticed the combine button in the crafting window...

You are correct. Never noticed combine after going to crafting window. Thank you. Scenario 1 is what I have always done

finally somebody gets it

@pwent thank you for explaining it the way i wish i could have, from the beginning

Edited by Siime Rowpha