Sign in to follow this  
Mishia

Mobs spawning on deed.

So, I just woke up today, logged in, jumped into my garden, started farming, *bam* snake (mature male anaconda), freaked out, tried to set my garden a-light. Luckily it was not able to get to the tamed animals pens at the back of my yard where several young horses are chilling out.

The on-deed guards (set to aggressive) did not attack it.

The snake was in a completely enclosed pen (completely on deed) behind a locked house.

It effected the deeds animal ratio.

I thought mobs were not suppose to spawn on deed - bug?

wurm201403022159.png?t=1393798605

Mobs do spawn on deed, but not as often I believe.

Though, your case is a bit.....special i'd say, I wonder if guards don't attack the special mobs like the Anaconda..

mobs have always spawned on deeds,no ide why u think they dont.

mobs have always spawned on deeds,no ide why u think they dont.

Because I've been playing 5 years (ish) and only ever seen the epic mobs when they were in early implementation spawn on deed which was fixed.

• Like 1

it is rare but it happens and the anaconda is a "god" animal so the spirit guards will not attack it in the gods influence i think it how it goes?  

I remember these being a right pain for this reason, the wikki has this to say:

Spirit Guards do not attack Anacondas when in the influence area of an altar of a White Light deity

Lair: Spawns primarily in Vynora influence, can spawn elsewhere.

Edited by lawurm

Seems odd the guards didn't attack...I guess they weren't alerted as it never crossed deed border. *Nevermind my theory*

Edited by Ruxin

Because I've been playing 5 years (ish) and only ever seen the epic mobs when they were in early implementation spawn on deed which was fixed.

i seen lots of mobs spawning on deed,even on fully walled deeds,now and in 2010

No guards don't attack anaconda.  Even out of white light area of influence as far as I can tell.   I'm looking for several on release for breeding and keep them on deed.    The guards attack other aggro creatures but not the anaconda and their tracking range, speed and the fact they can swim makes them quite fun.    Almost as fun as Champion crocs off deed

I think guards don't attack 'god mobs', Anaconda is the mascot for one of the gods? Boar for another, Hyena, Gorilla (?).

Either way, if this isn't a bug, apologies for the report/feel free to close.

I must have just been extremely lucky to never have any normal/god mobs spawn on deed.

I have had a bear spawn in my house before but there does seem to be an increased spawn on deeds lately. I have had two crocodiles and two horses spawn on my island in the last few weeks alone and the island is all deed.

To me it is a nice feature it can be the only way to get mobs that don't swim onto an island without loads of work. 

I'd never had a mob spawn on deed inside my curtain walls above ground until this  year, so it's not just you.

• Like 1

I'd never had a mob spawn on deed inside my curtain walls above ground until this  year, so it's not just you.

Same here never seen mobs spawn in penned areas on deed until recently it seems to have become very common.