Sign in to follow this  
Lancelot

The Lights, and a possible cool down on bashing them.

Hello

In light of recent activity here on Wild/Chaos where the Bone Altar was bashed 3 times in one evening, I am putting forward this suggestion as to alleviate any further repeat of such an event. 

Firstly, I would like to suggest a 6 month cooldown between any Light being bashed.

Secondly, the King of any Kingdom should be present.

If there is a cool down in place it could stop any abuse by current or future kingdoms that may abuse the loophole that is currently in place. 

If the leader is not present, then the attackers should suffer a major CR hit, meaning they do not have the focus to complete the bashing, causing poison wounds and other injuries amongst them. They could get an Altar down to 99 % damage but  would not be able to complete the task.

• Like 3

I would add no same kingdom bashing.

And have the avatar actually spawn?

And actual penalty's for it being bashed?

• Like 2

No change without reverting whatever effect the bashing had. It would be insane to let people do stuff and then change it so others cannot.

• Like 2

Why would you add a cooldown to something on chaos when the solution to the problem is PvP?  If you are unhappy with someone repeatedly bashing a light within a 3 hour window, attack them.  PvP is cool enough on chaos, no need for more cooldowns.

Edited by madnezz

i'd also like to add that the light spawn only in the respective pmks domain

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, March 4, 2014 - Off topic / Thread wipe
Hidden by Jberg, March 4, 2014 - Off topic / Thread wipe

Or, How about when you get the GLOBAL EVENT MESSAGE you do something other than ###### ton the fourms?

• Like 1

If you can't get a team together in 3 hours, you don't need to make suggestions to the devs, you need to make suggestions to your kingdom.

• Like 8

the biggest problem i see is the avatar of light things still dont spawn

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, March 4, 2014 - Off topic / Thread wipe

If you can't get a team together in 3 hours, you don't need to make suggestions to the devs, you need to make suggestions to your kingdom.

This is bullying. You're basically saying that people should join the biggest kingdom or ###### off to freedom.

Edited by Lau
  • Like 2

How about putting the altars in the middle of hota

No change without reverting whatever effect the bashing had. It would be insane to let people do stuff and then change it so others cannot.

Yes yes, lets put the white altar back to the lake cause this smartpants ( who doesnt even show up for pvp ) knows deep down that his kingdom will never get the amount of people needed to do a bash.

The altars have been like this for years. Just because suddenly a kingdom got huge activity and decided to rewrite the "pvp blueprint" doesn't mean we have to formulate measures against them. This is not a phenomenon, MR bashed the altars because they rule the server. When the time comes that JK will rule the server again they will have to do the same and we shall not cry about it in forums.

Whenever one team takes action and creates interest in the server, the rest will start crying in the forum about stabilization of features. What this does, and most fail to see, is stagnating the server. When you start removing unpredictability and variables from a game you remove the options players have in it and essentially you make it dull. 

People were raiding a lot, so the mine doors safety got removed, now people started bashing the altars and this is probably going to change too. Whenever someone takes action using a specific feature, the rest will cry to the dev team to remove any possibility for action in the future based on this feature.

And then, everyone wonders why chaos is going from bad to worse. A PVP server is all about instability, unpredictability, risk and boldness. This is what makes the game interesting. When you try to control everything through rules and features that provide minimalistic variance, you end up with a very very boring game. This is not freedom people, welcome to the jungle, arm yourselves and prepare for everything. And some food for thought: If bashing the altars is so easy, why is it only done twice during the last years ?

Protunia-1

Edited by Issle

Yes yes, lets put the white altar back to the lake cause this smartpants ( who doesnt even show up for pvp ) knows deep down that his kingdom will never get the amount of people needed to do a bash.

The altars have been like this for years. Just because suddenly a kingdom got huge activity and decided to rewrite the "pvp blueprint" doesn't mean we have to formulate measures against them. This is not a phenomenon, MR bashed the altars because they rule the server. When the time comes that JK will rule the server again they will have to do the same and we shall not cry about it in forums.

Whenever one team takes action and creates interest in the server, the rest will start crying in the forum about stabilization of features. What this does, and most fail to see, is stagnating the server. When you start removing unpredictability and variables from a game you remove the options players have in it and essentially you make it dull. 

People were raiding a lot, so the mine doors safety got removed, now people started bashing the altars and this is probably going to change too. Whenever someone takes action using a specific feature, the rest will cry to the dev team to remove any possibility for action in the future based on this feature.

And then, everyone wonders why chaos is going from bad to worse. A PVP server is all about instability, unpredictability, risk and boldness. This is what makes the game interesting. When you try to control everything through rules and features that provide minimalistic variance, you end up with a very very boring game. This is not freedom people, welcome to the jungle, arm yourselves and prepare for everything.

Protunia-1

Thank you for expanding on what I meant by my post.

How can a kingdom affect a Light bash with 40 + participants, when that kingdom's Light is only revered by about 15 people Issle ? Before you post I'd suggest taking a good look around you, get me ?

By recruiting more people Lancelot. Thats how. Same way MR went from a group of HoM players into an empire. The Empire of Mol Rehan has an amazing roster of players and accounts. They didn't hatch from eggs, they got recruited. They got recruited by people with great talent and leadership abilities and certainly it didn't happen overnight. It took over a year to get from the humble begginings of Kratos into the multi-village state that MR currently is. The era of Mol Rehan will one day reach its end and a new Dawn will bring another kingdom into power. But that will also not happen overnight. That other kingdom, be it BL or JK or any PMK, will have to work hard and set longterm goals to get to the top of the foodchain.

Edited by Issle
  • Like 2

View hidden Post

Oh please, do shut up Issle.

• Like 5

I do agree with lancelot. MR shows up with crazy numbers afaik more than 60+ people, while the whole BL has about 15... 

I'm not really wanting to comment regarding the Chaos stuff, but just look at it this way.  The idea of destroying light is meant to be sort of the "end game" or the servers, that's what it's been said at least.  It's meant to be a big deal, I think it's kind of wishy-washy and a bit anticlimatic if people can do it with such ease several times, and beyond that there's nothing that happens.  BL aren't punished, WL aren't punished, nothing really happens other than the light moves.  Seems kind of stupid that such a large impactful object like the WL/BL can be torn down and moved so casually without any real big effects.  

You are also missing the point king of Mongols. It is not a casual event. This is a story that started months ago and demanded the preparation and usage of lots of resources including gear and people. You don't get 60 people online and coordinated that easily. You of all knows that better. This outcome is simply the harvesting of a farm planted long before the Lights bashing was an idea on the table.

I do agree with lancelot. MR shows up with crazy numbers afaik more than 60+ people, while the whole BL has about 15... 

Maybe the BL would have more people if their leader didn't spend all day killing alts for FS. Let me ask you this, citizen of Amadeus, do you really think that it's raining players out there and MR is collecting them while the other kingdoms hold umbrellas ??

Edited by Issle
  • Like 2

View hidden Post

agreed with Lau fix the damages that have been done including the WL because the only reason MR bashed any of the lights was to get the Artifacts and they dont have the guts to come get them. That is all.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, March 4, 2014 - Off topic / Thread wipe

agreed with Lau fix the damages that have been done including the WL because the only reason MR bashed any of the lights was to get the Artifacts and they dont have the guts to come get them. That is all.

I'm sure you realize that there's no way to get the artifacts when they are next to a colapse-ready cave inside Kyara with no intetion to ever be used. So I'll pretend you are trolling and ignore this ridiculous post.

PS: What a night, I feel an urge to pick fights in forum ...

Edited by Issle
  • Like 1

View hidden Post

You clearly do not know what you are talking about, so kindly wind your neck in pal.

View hidden Post

Not what I meant. I think it is okay that it can be done this way, even though it favors the kingdom with the most players. It is a numbers game anyway, no surprises there. What I am saying is that making changes, without reverting what happened, would be silly because it would favor the side that already got to "use" the mechanic.

It has happened many times before in wurm history and it is simply stupid to let some players reap insane benefits from the mechanics and then change them so newer players cannot do the same. All without taking away the now illicit gains the older players have.

View hidden Post

I'm sure you realize that there's no way to get the artifacts when they are next to a colapse-ready cave inside Kyara with no intetion to ever be used. So I'll pretend you are trolling and ignore this ridiculous post.

PS: What a night, I feel an urge to pick fights in forum ...

And you're not trolling Issle ? Man, that would be a first.