Sign in to follow this  
Fooligun

[Chaos Only] Gate Hopping Changes

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you agree to this change?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

First off wanted to say this is for Off-Deed and Chaos only.

My suggestion is keep the mine hoping change (2 minutes unlocked) to prevent players using easy to create mines to escape PVP. Instead make houses an alternative.

Suggestion:

• Remove all current restrictions for off-deed houses in regards to unlocking/locking
  • Apply a 10-20 second "unlocked" period when passing a door during combat
  • If an enemy is inside an unlocked house, all remaining doors unlock until players leave (Prevents being trapped after chasing)
  • Keep current Mine Door Changes

When a player passes through an off-deed locked gate or door during combat, it "requires time" to close and re-lock the gate/door. This will allow players "some" defense when off-deed if they spend time creating a house and locking the doors but ensures that players in combat cannot easily escape by simply hopping into a house/mine to retreat.

Obviously the issue with players inside the house becoming trapped if they chased in is why the remaining doors unlock, however re-lock instantly after the last enemy leaves (If possible) to prevent abuse.

TLDR: (Lazy) Simply how to make houses better as they can easily be catapulted/lockpicked into unlike mine doors and at minimum require 80 mortar, 80 bricks and 1 door lock to work where as mine doors require much less effort and provided greater defense.

Edited by Fooligun
  • Like 1

I think that we need a form of hopping re-implemented to make long-range PvP on Chaos possible (something essential on such a big server.) Mine doors were very easy to make and OP while houses were a lot harder, it would be very interesting to see more support for siege fortifications. If something like this was to be implemented then I'd back it up by making it possible to create houses in enemy deed perimeter.

I think that we need a form of hopping re-implemented to make long-range PvP on Chaos possible (something essential on such a big server.) Mine doors were very easy to make and OP while houses were a lot harder, it would be very interesting to see more support for siege fortifications. If something like this was to be implemented then I'd back it up by making it possible to create houses in enemy deed perimeter.

IMO, no one needs to be within 5 tiles of an enemy deed, and who in this game has a bigger than 5 tiles perimeter?

IMO, no one needs to be within 5 tiles of an enemy deed, and who in this game has a bigger than 5 tiles perimeter?

Maybe I should have been clearer but it's because you can expand deed perimeter a lot and it would block the construction of gatehops, it's about wanting to make it as viable a thing as possible :3

Maybe I should have been clearer but it's because you can expand deed perimeter a lot and it would block the construction of gatehops, it's about wanting to make it as viable a thing as possible :3

Can you build on a player deed? Otherwise its the same argument as expanding a deed to prevent gatehop construction?

Can you build on a player deed? Otherwise its the same argument as expanding a deed to prevent gatehop construction?

No, though deed size tends to be smaller (more expensive) plus you get attacked by guards anyway.