Sign in to follow this  
Ganken

Freedom PMK

A recent suggestion suggested for "Freedom Guilds" that people could join individually, not settlements.

I'm suggesting Freedom PMKs, with the ability to declare independence from the kindom of Freedom. This would come with custom tabbards, titles, and the whole deal. Obviously, there would be no PvP between Freedom PMKs and Freedom free-landers. How guard towers would work is questionable. If these are limited to one server or can go across many is questionable. Should probably not be expandable onto Chaos, because that would be problamatic for many reasons.

Edited by Ganken

Would be a good thing, raise funds for the game, and could lead to more formed PMK's going to Chaos over time.

SO sure +1

I think it would be fun to have the capital be like a market center of the PMK you could receive crafting bonuses or something maybe when you are working within the capital..idk

+1 I am sure the developers could come up with fun things for us PvE players to enjoy in a PvE PMK

Edited by Kegan

Would be a good thing, raise funds for the game, and could lead to more formed PMK's going to Chaos over time.

SO sure +1

The problem with Chaos and Freedom kingdoms connecting is, what about the people that live in a freedom town on Indy, but are in Mol-Rehan on chaos? Stuff like that would no longer be possible.

BL PMKs and the default kingdom would be a whole nother hassle to deal with.

If kingdoms connected cross servers even on freedom, there would be problems like this. If a mayor of one deed on indy joins a PMK, all his deeds across all the servers, and all his villagers in those deeds would have to instantly convert. But what if one of those villagers in his exodus deed was also a villager in a Freedom deed on deli that he did not own, and was not a part of this PMK? Stuff like that would cause some issues, and would need special coding.

no reason besides custom tabards lol

Seems reason enough for me, along with the fancy titles that come along with being a king or noble in a kingdom. Rolf would make some $$ from this, and people would like having these things on Freedom. I see a win-win situation here.

I disagree with the titles giving some sort of bonus, however. Would start seeing 1-deed PMKs start up, simply from people who have a lot of silver to spend and want to give their alt accounts faster skill gains and what not.

Maybe the PMK requirements on Freedom could be a lot larger than pvp servers, to compensate for the larger amount of people.

Edited by Ganken

+1 would add more diversity and fun to the pve game.

Maybe the PMK requirements on Freedom could be a lot larger than pvp servers, to compensate for the larger amount of people and MONEY....

Fixed it ;)  We know where the spice flows from :D  Leave it the same and let them have there fun and you will rewarded in the long run.

Edited by Protunia

Good for Rolf his wallet, and has absolutely no drawbacks.

So yeah +1

i dislike custom taberds for freedomers but i like the idea of more moneysinks. i would like to add have a cap on the number of pmks per server

Edited by Atndy

On one condition, warfare implemented between Freedom PMK's and Freedomers

• Like 1

Fixed it ;)  We know where the spice flows from :D  Leave it the same and let them have there fun and you will rewarded in the long run.

I'm just worried about seeing 1-deed sized PMKs sprout up, where people only want them for the extra skill gains you get from the titles. 15 alt accounts, across 2 or three actual players, wouldn't be too dificult to get going.

Its either they require a large amount of people to found and maintain, or the nobility titles do nothing. One or the other. 

Edited by Ganken

I'm just worried about seeing 1-deed sized PMKs sprout up, where people only want them for the extra skill gains you get from the titles. 15 alt accounts, across 2 or three actual players, wouldn't be too dificult to get going.

Its either they require a large amount of people to found and maintain, or the nobility titles do nothing. One or the other. 

BS...what the difference between a bunch of PvP players using alts and making a PMK getting extra bonus what ever?

Or even having the other kingdoms MR JK etc and gettin bonuses etc...??

Basically sounds like a garbage double standard again for PvP when in fact the Bigger Players Base is PvE.

Oh yeah  here we go again down this road of PvE deserves less than PvP because??

Go ahead and explain it away please....lol..btw I aint buying it.

Please tell the rest of the Players why PvP deserves Bonus anything at all?

Bonus Trader money...Bonus title exp...Bonus...etc etc...when most of them just sit around on deeds anyhow. :P

Edited by Protunia

BS...what the difference between a bunch of PvP players using alts and making a PMK getting extra bonus what ever?

Or even having the other kingdoms MR JK etc and gettin bonuses etc...??

Basically sounds like a garbage double standard again for PvP when in fact the Bigger Players Base is PvE.

Oh yeah  here we go again down this road of PvE deserves less than PvP because??

Go ahead and explain it away please....lol..btw I aint buying it.

Please tell the rest of the Players why PvP deserves Bonus anything at all?

Bonus Trader money...Bonus title exp...Bonus...etc etc...when most of them just sit around on deeds anyhow. :P

Well, I could offer many reasons why we deserve bonus, how about BECAUSE WE RISK EVERYTHING.   Freedomers really don't have to worry about their deeds getting broken into, dying to other players etc.   Ugh... This is a topic for PMK discussion, not a place for you to vent your nerdrage.    

If a kingdom is mostly made up of alts it makes it harder for them to protect themselves, you need active fighters to survive and prosper here.    If they want to risk getting rolled because the just want bonus stuff, hell that's up to them.  I'd rather there be some limits in place for titles, but whatever at this point I'm tried of trying to argue about things that are plain as day, like that.  

A recent suggestion suggested for "Freedom Guilds" that people could join individually, not settlements.

I'm suggesting Freedom PMKs, with the ability to declare independence from the kindom of Freedom. This would come with custom tabbards, titles, and the whole deal. Obviously, there would be no PvP between Freedom PMKs and Freedom free-landers. How guard towers would work is questionable. If these are limited to one server or can go across many is questionable. Should probably not be expandable onto Chaos, because that would be problamatic for many reasons.

+1 to custom stuff but -1 to the idea of using the PMK mechanisms to get them.

I don't mind players giving money to rolf for custom tabbards and cosmetic items at personal level, at village level or at alliance level. 

But PMKs have their own private kchat and i would rather not have the local communities even more divided on each server. Also people will create guilds for the kingdom titles bonuses and it will end with any decent village in game inside its own guild for the kingdom priest's favor bonus, the cr bonuses and the capital upkeep bonus.

Edited by Serpentarius

PMK's are not the way to go here.  That would cut you off from the Freedom CA Help, Freedom, and GL-Freedom channels, as they are all based on an account's Kingdom membership.  Same goes for Guard Towers, Starter deeds, etc.

If you expect access to all the above, then you need to be in the Freedom Kingdom - that's just how kingdoms are coded.

So, I really think that you need something new here (ala the Guilds idea).

• Like 1

+1 to freedom pmk and with continued access to all chats :D

If needed for immersion could always call it a dutchy or some other term.... fiefdom or w/e

If people want to pay 1g~ish for custom tabards why not take the money.

Also this would be a good first step to perhaps bringing some pvp to the non-pvp servers (in some sort of consentualish way between pmks meaning entirely optional so don't bite my head off for saying it).

Edited by Elen
  • Like 1

I would hate inability to see freedom chat. And pmks' traders ain't powerful. Remember that traders money come for percentage of that kingdom's deeds upkeep. Thus, less deeds will still means less upkeep. Assuming there wasn't problems with guard towers and such Seara state, pmks on freedom sure going to divide the traders money.