Sign in to follow this  
godcomplex

New options for settlement resizing

Causing the token to move would be horrible for any deed that has made any effort to protect their token...

If you want the token to be off-center, then when you create your deed, put walls on the center tile, and any tile you dont want the token in, and it will select a random non-walled tile within the deed for the token =)

Mind = Blown   :D   

I have to agree that I wouldn't want the token moved either. Many deeds, as previously stated, have chosen their token position very carefully. I think resizing without moving the token would be better. Or perhaps an option?

On PvP servers, moving a token due to a resize could produce quite unwanted results.

+1  just being able to do one side at a time would be a huge leap forward in deed management (along with a few other things in other posts  ;) )

+1 and dont force token to move. it will be impossible if you add singular sizes like 1-3-5 tiles anyways

Edit: also might end up inside a villagers house or in some buildings as well, which will be even worse.

Edited by Tarkie

Rolf said during the Q&A that it's in the plans but very low priority.

+1 here too - would be better since some deeds are directly neighboured to another and expanding is then a bit tricky =D

+1 in the past, and +1 now.

Would this suggestion ever come up again, I would +1 again with no hesitation.

Rolf said during the Q&A that it's in the plans but very low priority.

I can understand,  it must be hard to find time for silly things like this when you need to spend so much time on important things like making agros kill all your animials, bash fences etc.

Edited by AlexLong
  • Like 2

I have been told the reason that deeds are expanded by the current way because it makes it that you can't make a deed 2x 30 and so on, so this has never changed.

I was thinking perhaps that there could be a mechanic that the deed has to be so big in one direction to it to be extend in another. Kinda like having a minimal ratio x to y.

I would think to some people this probably one of the most frustrating things and sometimes it is not even due to something they did. This to me seem like a high priority to players and would make a lot of people happy. It would be seen as one of the best changes we ve seen if it was implemented.

+1

I wanted to expand my deed, but due to waterfront property I would have ended up with many many water tiles I had no plans to terraform to surface.

I finally bit the bullet and paid the silver to disband and relocate my token. Not happy about dumping silver down the hole under the outhouse.

• Like 1

So long as it moves the token so it's still dead centre, +1.

If not, -1. Hard enough to find the token on some deeds without it being noncentral.

Not if I lose 5s every time I do it.