Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

Am i the only one?

Not even going after the fact that PvP is never going to become popular or "fixed" with overnight fixes from the forums.

Wurm's PvP is never going to be popular. It's not Wurm's fault. Wurm itself is a great concept, and arguably more fun without the PvP element.

The fault lies in the concept of Sandbox PvP. It's a deeply flawed, self-cannibalizing concept. It begins with people putting in weeks of work. Other people on the other side will then destroy those weeks of work in mere hours. The people who have had their work destroyed then get frustrated and will complain. The resulting shouting matches on the forums cause those frustrated players to quit. The remaining people who forced those frustrated players to quit will then fracture and fight amongst themselves because there is no one left to fight. One side in that civil war will emerge victorious when the other side is eventually forced to quit. The remaining victors will then get bored, quit, or become insignificant forum dwellers who will endlessly ###### while holding onto the rose-tinted glasses when they were on top of a PvP hierarchy that will never exist again. (Until the next doomed-from-the-start Sandbox PvP comes out.)

Sandbox PvP literally devours itself until nothing is left. Even EVE has proven it isn't immune, it just regenerates faster than it can devour.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 4

Dairuka, your grim explanation... is.. I am afraid quiet true xD .... except people rarely raze a deed to ground nowadays, unless you really really drive them mad.

If you would be able to build up a town like Kyara in one week with 5-10 people wurm PVP would be much more popular, but as it is now the whole game is slow and grindy as Notch describes it. 

Although many of us wouldn't be here if this game wouldn't be slow and grindy, that's why in my opinion everything is good as it is. We don't need the game bigger or more popular. Everything is fine!

• Like 1

I have been playing I think 8 years now or something started just after we went Gold; one thing that is for certain is Wurm is developing much faster now than it ever has; when I first started playing it was rare to have more than one or two updates every month; and now we have several every week - the only concerns I have is back then there was hardly any bugs and most changes seemed to have quite unanimous support; what limited changes we had seemed like they had alot of thought and testing put into them whereas now it seems like many of the changes are rushed and untested leading to severe bugs or widespread backlash to unpopular changes.

Furthermore I can't help but feel like Wurm is becoming more of a chore; for the longest time it was becoming easier with additions like the tool belt, imp colum and keybinds but lately especially it appears to be getting harder; sure we have some pretty additions like boats and horses but all of these require immense additional work to maintain and utilize; I feel like any new additions added to the game will need to have the fun factor considered too and not the realism factor - for example we will probably get bridges soon; I hope these don't fall apart every other week and require constant repairing. I don't farm much but apparently farming yield was nerfed which seems like a strange change but finally my worst gripe of all is enchanting is now extremely frustrating - even on a INSANE character with 70 soul depth and 91+ channeling including the 50% favor kingdom title it's still not even remotely tolerable - I remember when you could cast spells with 20 favor, there were no cooldowns and with an account 80+ channeling you were bound to get 90 power easily - sure maybe enchants were too common but you know what; it was fun! (something I will add thou is wagons have made bulk transportation easier so that's a plus; and crafting window is helpful)

The ingame voting system is something I look forward to since I feel like noone bothers checking the suggestion forum; I hope that PLAYERS will be able to 'petition' for changes and if the petition gets enough people upvoting it a ingame vote is triggered and if the players agree with it (sidenote: breakdown the vote count on PvP servers by kingdom so you can see if one kingdom is majority influencing the vote) the dev's are somewhat obligated to implement the feature unless it's completely unrealistic. I also hope there is coding implemented that allows differentiation between PvP 'issues' and PvE 'issues'

One thing I'd say also is I also feel like to an extent the 'immersion' that Wurm had is lost with the new graphics; when I first started you were dumped in the middle of a starter deed that was not developed whatsoever and you actually most of the time nearly died falling down the side of the hill it was on; you were essentially dumped into the wilderness and had to fend for yourself; everything was kinda 'rustic' - all the models were dark and gritty; one might say the models were poor quality but it fit in well with the game IMO - now everything is extremely bright and detailed and it just doesn't feel right.

If you want an example about this 'grittyness' I'm talking about you can look at this thread from 2008 with screenshots (alot of links are broken now thou): http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/878-calling-for-screenshots/ and this is after Wurm was made incredibly bright with flowers and stuff compared to how it was a few years prior. Compared to now it's still rather gritty thou IMO.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 3

I absolutely love this game. My biggest problem at the moment is lag. I have done everything I need to do to my computer and graphics settings, but ever since the big move of severs, my FPS went from around 20 (average) to 6 (average). Now 20 is nothing to brag about considering I have a souped up gaming computer and high speed internet, but it was quite playable with no problems in the least. I was a happy little wurmian. But now, at 6 FPS, I am a disgusted little wurmian. I can no longer go off far from my place because my FPS goes down to 2 (which is death, because you can no longer maneuver around) and I sometimes get disconnected. (which can also be death) So now, since I am confined to my place, doing nothing but my daily chores, due to the constant lag, I have decided to leave you great people. I will miss my friends and miss Wurm tremendously,  but my premium time runs out on the 10th, and I've decided not to renew it any longer until there are improved changes. This hurts me, because Wurm is my home away from home, but it's just not worth paying for when I can't even play it. 

I absolutely love this game. My biggest problem at the moment is lag. I have done everything I need to do to my computer and graphics settings, but ever since the big move of severs, my FPS went from around 20 (average) to 6 (average). Now 20 is nothing to brag about considering I have a souped up gaming computer and high speed internet, but it was quite playable with no problems in the least. I was a happy little wurmian. But now, at 6 FPS, I am a disgusted little wurmian. I can no longer go off far from my place because my FPS goes down to 2 (which is death, because you can no longer maneuver around) and I sometimes get disconnected. (which can also be death) So now, since I am confined to my place, doing nothing but my daily chores, due to the constant lag, I have decided to leave you great people. I will miss my friends and miss Wurm tremendously,  but my premium time runs out on the 10th, and I've decided not to renew it any longer until there are improved changes. This hurts me, because Wurm is my home away from home, but it's just not worth paying for when I can't even play it. 

This is a shame. If you have a good gaming pc then something is seriously wrong. I don't see any threads from you about this problem so please make one in the forum. :)

Wurm needs all the people it can get and I bet there's a lot more like this who don't make a fuss and just leave

Edited by Derp

My notes as a new player .

I have been playing computer games since 1984 ( with my Old Spectrum ) and there is one thing I am constantly looking for in new Games , Something new . After so many years some games become very repetitive . In Wurm I have found something that is offering me that something with a difference , so far it has held my attention for 5 weeks , which is pretty good as must new games entertains me for maybe 5 days , despite there top Graphics . I Don't know how long Wurm will keep me interested but the mechanics of the game are doing something right because they have hooked a 46 year old veteran were most new games fail .    

• Like 2

My notes as a new player .

I have been playing computer games since 1984 ( with my Old Spectrum ) and there is one thing I am constantly looking for in new Games , Something new . After so many years some games become very repetitive . In Wurm I have found something that is offering me that something with a difference , so far it has held my attention for 5 weeks , which is pretty good as must new games entertains me for maybe 5 days , despite there top Graphics . I Don't know how long Wurm will keep me interested but the mechanics of the game are doing something right because they have hooked a 46 year old veteran were most new games fail .

Similar here. I'm only turning 20 in a few months, but I've had my hands on games since I was 3 with a gameboy, in 2000 I began MMO's.

What keeps me specifically is the scale I think, and the skills, I have to see myself progressing exp wise, even if it's a stupidly small tick, it oddly keeps me satisfied. I also tried the game because my friend knew I was looking for something hard, or at least, not something so easy as the regular MMO's these days. (Rift, WoW, Gw2 ect) and he told me he thought wurm was hard. So we both joined up and tried it, nearly died the first few hours. (He drowned ^_^)

and I was SO amazed at the simplest things just starting. Foraging for cotton to heal my right shoulder? Awesome!!! Botanizing for a healing cover? Oh my god. Food? Water? ...already hooked.

I, like most, expected to kill a mountain lion... We double teamed it, and it almost killed us. Without us both attacking it (and having a few movement tricks up our sleeves) we'd have actually died... To a stupid weak mob. That's when I knew, this games for me. It's not something I join, hit 1-5 on my keyboard, and get through the entire game. No, I was going to finally be challenged...

My first 24 hours was amazing, the next day I woke up and go to work, guess what I'm doing on break times? I'm reading the wiki, learning everything I can about wurm, how to survive, build a house, what I can do with forestry and woodcutting, how to mine, how to make flat land, how to build a ship and... Wow! Brain overload!! How much can I do!?!?

That week was a blast testing all the skills, learning tricks from people I met, and exploring a bit. Bought a deed, got some friends together who, all quit eventually to how hard wurm was, which was fine by me - I enjoyed it and already had some new friends.

Fast forward a month, I decide to buy Darkmalice because of feeling behind everyone else, which I know I shouldn't have, but I also wanted to help new people like I was helped. And that's when the game opened up even more... Then I learned about priest, epic servers, ect. I loved the idea of epic, but was already stuck on freedom. :)

Overall, this game has so much to do... It's just the question of what to do. I get burned out, sure. But it's not by lack of content, it's usually because I feel forced to something (I'm looking at you, huge farm) and it burns me out for a bit, but then I always come back and do something else...I don't see leaving wurm for a long, long time. It's the perfect game for those that are tired of all the simple-to-understand games out there.

TLDR: Wurms amazing because it's vast content it has to offer, and it may be slow at times, but it's all the more rewarding. And overall, you can do what ever you want, when you want.

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 3

Wurm's PvP is never going to be popular. It's not Wurm's fault. Wurm itself is a great concept, and arguably more fun without the PvP element.

The fault lies in the concept of Sandbox PvP. It's a deeply flawed, self-cannibalizing concept. It begins with people putting in weeks of work. Other people on the other side will then destroy those weeks of work in mere hours. The people who have had their work destroyed then get frustrated and will complain. The resulting shouting matches on the forums cause those frustrated players to quit. The remaining people who forced those frustrated players to quit will then fracture and fight amongst themselves because there is no one left to fight. One side in that civil war will emerge victorious when the other side is eventually forced to quit. The remaining victors will then get bored, quit, or become insignificant forum dwellers who will endlessly ###### while holding onto the rose-tinted glasses when they were on top of a PvP hierarchy that will never exist again. (Until the next doomed-from-the-start Sandbox PvP comes out.)

Sandbox PvP literally devours itself until nothing is left. Even EVE has proven it isn't immune, it just regenerates faster than it can devour.

So you know the problem, make it work so it doesn't happen. Make Razed walls in PvP "auto-rebuild", something like a deed-wide respawn after PvP. Get rid of deed draining, at least in the form where one player will lose REAL valued currency because he was ganged up on.

Get a proper combat system, one where player skill actually matters.

Make proper siege mechanics that ensure the attacking party has opposition other than NPCs to defend the deed.

Its not too hard to make Wurm PvP enjoyable even for those that don't want to see their several months work gone to pieces. Its just a matter of having the balls to break the mould, and ignore the half a dozen players that want PvP "as is" because it favours them.

People have to remember, we are addicted to this game. If we didn't enjoy this game, why do we play it? Better yet, why do we put money into it?

When one cares enough about something, they want a say in it. That's all I really see with this thread. It's easy to forget that Rolf has a choice whether to listen to us or not and, whether he listens or not has nothing to do with whether he has put heart into this game or not.

This game has made strides since it started. Let's not forget why we are all here. Can't we just enjoy the game rather than trying to look over Rolf's shoulder?

• Like 2

People have to remember, we are addicted to this game. If we didn't enjoy this game, why do we play it? Better yet, why do we put money into it?

When one cares enough about something, they want a say in it. That's all I really see with this thread. It's easy to forget that Rolf has a choice whether to listen to us or not and, whether he listens or not has nothing to do with whether he has put heart into this game or not.

This game has made strides since it started. Let's not forget why we are all here. Can't we just enjoy the game rather than trying to look over Rolf's shoulder?

It has also become more and more closed off from what some of us were addicted to.  Imagine being given Coke with real Cane Sugar in a small group taste sampling and told that this will be the product on the shelves in a few years, and then Coke decides it will only use high fructose corn syrup once it goes big.

When people complain about the health effects of high fructose corn syrup, and how they really did like the taste of real sugar better... Coke decides splenda is a better choice while also keeping high fructose corn syrup as the "base" model.

But, the graphics on the cans and bottles have made huge strides since Coke first came out... am I right?

Nothing is as sweet as Wurm beta was.

• Like 1

It has also become more and more closed off from what some of us were addicted to.  Imagine being given Coke with real Cane Sugar in a small group taste sampling and told that this will be the product on the shelves in a few years, and then Coke decides it will only use high fructose corn syrup once it goes big.

When people complain about the health effects of high fructose corn syrup, and how they really did like the taste of real sugar better... Coke decides splenda is a better choice while also keeping high fructose corn syrup as the "base" model.

But, the graphics on the cans and bottles have made huge strides since Coke first came out... am I right?

Nothing is as sweet as Wurm beta was.

If you're not addicted to it then why are you still playing?

This is all a matter of opinion. This happens in every game. People miss the "times of old" and never want to see it changed, yet such a case means the game can't develop either. People would then complain no development would be made and Rolf would get in trouble over that.

The coke analysis has nothing to do with this game. Coke was an end product that was changed. If you want to compare coke with Wurm, think back to when coke first came out and was developed at that time, NOT afterwards like you're suggesting.

This game has gone leaps and bounds, and things change. If you're expecting this game to not develop simply because you "don't want it to", you're simply crying spilled milk. This is Rolf's baby, not yours. Enjoy what the game has to offer. Pessimism will get you nothing but stress. :)

• Like 1

dunno, I think it always easy to say 'at old time it was great...' but if we dissect everything.. the new time have even more stuffs that we enjoy like multistory. However, feeling nostalgic does give effect of wanting to rewind the time, like I felt if I replay sonic the hedgehog 1 I will get the same amazement I got when I first played it.

Except.. I don't get that excitment.

• Like 1

dunno, I think it always easy to say 'at old time it was great...' but if we dissect everything.. the new time have even more stuffs that we enjoy like multistory. However, feeling nostalgic does give effect of wanting to rewind the time, like I felt if I replay sonic the hedgehog 1 I will get the same amazement I got when I first played it.

Except.. I don't get that excitment.

Try playing it holding the game controller in the wrong hand.

On topic, I'd say that we all look back from when we started and go yeah those times were better because we entered the game as bright eyes bushy tailed and keen. Personally no other MMO has intrigued (at least for any length of time). Whilst Wurm is obviously a different game from when it was beta and has changed considerably I imagine most of those changes have been superior ones. We all get annoyed sometimes by the development flow of the game (FLYING) but Wurms a one step back, two steps forward kind of game. If it was perfect to be honest, i'd probably have got bored.

So you know the problem, make it work so it doesn't happen. Make Razed walls in PvP "auto-rebuild", something like a deed-wide respawn after PvP. Get rid of deed draining, at least in the form where one player will lose REAL valued currency because he was ganged up on.

Make proper siege mechanics that ensure the attacking party has opposition other than NPCs to defend the deed.

Its not too hard to make Wurm PvP enjoyable even for those that don't want to see their several months work gone to pieces. Its just a matter of having the balls to break the mould, and ignore the half a dozen players that want PvP "as is" because it favours them.

A new combat system would be the only idea I'd advocate for.

The rest of those ideas are already failed experiments put into place by Shadowbane and Mortal Online.

Wurm would be better served shifting the focus in the path the demographics are taking. Leave the PvP as a sideshow, and focus on the PvE main attraction. Come back to PvP once your combat engine is up to snuff.

Edited by Dairuka

So you know the problem, make it work so it doesn't happen. Make Razed walls in PvP "auto-rebuild", something like a deed-wide respawn after PvP.

Tearing down walls is a pain so chances are unless the attacker is doing it out of a grudge they're just going to hit what they need to drain the place, rob the place, and cause easy damage if that's their thing. If you get seriously raided odds are this is the last thing you will be worrying about in the aftermath.

Get rid of deed draining, at least in the form where one player will lose REAL valued currency because he was ganged up on.

Considering how much money rares and high quality equipment go for the amount of *virtual* currency(ie coppers most likely) you'll lose from a drain will pale in comparison to the value of the items being looted from your village. Heck the raiders will probably make more money just running off with bulk construction goods you have than you'll lose from a drain.

Skill matters even more so than it does in crafting and people have no issues with crafting :P. The skill in PvP from what I understand is less about the 1 vs 1 conflict and more about team work, organization, understanding your opposition, planning, and execution. If you play Wurm for low level spur of the moment action you've got the wrong game for both PvP and PvE. Wurm is a slow, drawn out game and that applies to both PvP and the PvE portions of it.

From the sound of it like most people you haven't bothered to try PvP in wurm, assume you don't like it for various reasons most of which don't even apply or are nonsensical and proceed to make suggestions that wouldn't even have a meaningful impact or are simply too vague to be useful. At the very least I imagine those half dozen players you speak of actually PvP.

• Like 3

Rolf honestly just needs to step back and run the bussiness side while his devs and gms take over taking public opinion and changes. Yes the game is his baby but he needs to kiss it goodbye and let it grow. 

If you're not addicted to it then why are you still playing?

This is all a matter of opinion. This happens in every game. People miss the "times of old" and never want to see it changed, yet such a case means the game can't develop either. People would then complain no development would be made and Rolf would get in trouble over that.

The coke analysis has nothing to do with this game. Coke was an end product that was changed. If you want to compare coke with Wurm, think back to when coke first came out and was developed at that time, NOT afterwards like you're suggesting.

This game has gone leaps and bounds, and things change. If you're expecting this game to not develop simply because you "don't want it to", you're simply crying spilled milk. This is Rolf's baby, not yours. Enjoy what the game has to offer. Pessimism will get you nothing but stress. :)

I actually don't play it anymore.  I haven't for several years now.  I am waiting for Wurm to rehash a Wurm Beta (with real cane sugar) as opposed the the changes that drastically changed the PLAYING STYLE and POSSIBILITIES in the game. (micro transactions and pay to win)

Sure, all of the added flavors like multistory, and updated graphics, and boats etc have done wonders for immersion. But it has done nothing to return to the playing style that Beta players loved.  I was addicted to the playing style, the fluid maps and fluid PVP and player driven politics.  It was so wonderful that I could overlook the absence of animations, large carts, multistory buildings and boats... That says something about what the game mechanics themselves used to be and how fun the game was.

Really was hoping Epic would return to that... but it became an even more closed off, scripted, less player driven version of the game.  I hate splenda...

And my metaphor was more of a hypothetical than a based on real world example.  Clearly it escaped you.

Edited by Jarosz
  • Like 1

I actually don't play it anymore.  I haven't for several years now.  I am waiting for Wurm to rehash a Wurm Beta (with real cane sugar) as opposed the the changes that drastically changed the PLAYING STYLE and POSSIBILITIES in the game. (micro transactions and pay to win)

Sure, all of the added flavors like multistory, and updated graphics, and boats etc have done wonders for immersion. But it has done nothing to return to the playing style that Beta players loved.  I was addicted to the playing style, the fluid maps and fluid PVP and player driven politics.  It was so wonderful that I could overlook the absence of animations, large carts, multistory buildings and boats... That says something about what the game mechanics themselves used to be and how fun the game was.

Really was hoping Epic would return to that... but it became an even more closed off, scripted, less player driven version of the game.  I hate splenda...

And my metaphor was more of a hypothetical than a based on real world example.  Clearly it escaped you.

Classic Textbook case.

Your golden age is gone, and it will never come back. Your restless soul can move on now.

Edited by Dairuka

Skill matters even more so than it does in crafting and people have no issues with crafting :P. The skill in PvP from what I understand is less about the 1 vs 1 conflict and more about team work, organization, understanding your opposition, planning, and execution. If you play Wurm for low level spur of the moment action you've got the wrong game for both PvP and PvE. Wurm is a slow, drawn out game and that applies to both PvP and the PvE portions of it.

Get out with your ignorance.

Classic Textbook case.

Your golden age is gone, and it will never come back. Your restless soul can move on now.

One can only dream ;)

When Wurm went gold, a different financial path could have been approached.  1 that avoided micro-transactions and left the game at least 2/3rds to what Beta game mechanics were.

By forcing real money into deed purchase, upkeep, and token raids, Rolf essentially shot himself in the foot for trying to provide a more fluid PVP game.  And the game will forever suffer because of it.

The other 3rd was limiting priests.  Which yes, I agree is a "gold age" wish to return to.  The above Financial decision has nothing to do with game mechanics, and more to do with how people approach the game because of micro-transactions.  People are too cautious about PVP because of the real world cost, and actually quit the game or get burned out simply because of the perception of lost real world value when their deed becomes the enemies target.

Even the micro-transaction approach has proven itself to not fund the game enough and resulted in a 60% across the board increase in premium AND silver.  Had Rolf charged 7-10 euro a month for premium, and left silver as an item in game with no real-world financial connection... I can guarantee you Wurm would have been better off, more characters would have been purchased, and PVP would have been fluid.

And Myself, and lots others, would most likely still be playing instead of dreaming of days past.

• Like 1

By forcing real money into deed purchase, upkeep, and token raids, Rolf essentially shot himself in the foot for trying to provide a more fluid PVP game.  And the game will forever suffer because of it.

A valid point. Also real money value of equipment, etc.  I rarely comment on pvp since I don't play it. (Just in the mood today since I can't play waiting for my new comp).   But from the outside looking in, I can say that this is the biggest deterrent to my ever trying it in Wurm.  Honestly, from where I'm sitting it just looks like Burglary Online or Mugging Online or Armed Robbery Online.  Reading posts about it, seems that's the way it goes since even most who do play it aren't willing to risk everything.  I would imagine there's a whole lot of people who just walked away from Wurm because of this. I know that a couple RL acquaintances of mine who like pvp have looked at it, laugh and say no F'n way.

Edit:  Wanted to add, most games that have micro-transactions where things in-game have real world value make those things no-drop, can't-lose items for obvious reasons.  In Wurm with even the currency itself having real world value that means just about anything in the game pretty much also has real world value where even on the pve servers it's all subject to decaying away if not outright theft from griefers who ignore the common courtesy that Wurm relies on as the only deterrent.  I've learned to live with it and play accordingly, but I can't help but think this is not really a good thing for the game in the long run.

Edited by Amadee

A valid point. Also real money value of equipment, etc.  I rarely comment on pvp since I don't play it. (Just in the mood today since I can't play waiting for my new comp).   But from the outside looking in, I can say that this is the biggest deterrent to my ever trying it in Wurm.  Honestly, from where I'm sitting it just looks like Burglary Online or Mugging Online or Armed Robbery Online.  Reading posts about it, seems that's the way it goes since even most who do play it aren't willing to risk everything.  I would imagine there's a whole lot of people who just walked away from Wurm because of this. I know that a couple RL acquaintances of mine who like pvp have looked at it, laugh and say no F'n way.

Edit:  Wanted to add, most games that have micro-transactions where things in-game have real world value make those things no-drop, can't-lose items for obvious reasons.  In Wurm with even the currency itself having real world value that means just about anything in the game pretty much also has real world value where even on the pve servers it's all subject to decaying away if not outright theft from griefers who ignore the common courtesy that Wurm relies on as the only deterrent.  I've learned to live with it and play accordingly, but I can't help but think this is not really a good thing for the game in the long run.

Could you imagine how the residents of a deed costing 100 Euro, and 100+ Euro a year in upkeep would feel 2 years down the road when they are slaughtered by their enemies and pushed off "their land"

I've seen it happen.  And the paying % of the citizens usually quit and become forum lurkers.  There is a psychology factor effecting players outside of game mechanics when micro-transactions are such a large part of playing this game.

Obviously micro-transactions did nothing to deter gold farmers... if anything, removing the value from silver and given the relatively small player population of Wurm, they would probably for the most part leave the game.

Could you imagine how the residents of a deed costing 100 Euro, and 100+ Euro a year in upkeep would feel 2 years down the road when they are slaughtered by their enemies and pushed off "their land"

I've seen it happen.  And the paying % of the citizens usually quit and become forum lurkers.  There is a psychology factor effecting players outside of game mechanics when micro-transactions are such a large part of playing this game.

Obviously micro-transactions did nothing to deter gold farmers... if anything, removing the value from silver and given the relatively small player population of Wurm, they would probably for the most part leave the game.

Whether it's 100 Euro stolen in a matter of hours, or two years of work destroyed in a matter of hours - you're just describing in unnecessary detail what I have already explained in earnest. In these games, time = money.

If you really want something to get angry about. There is still a large segment of the minority PvP crowd that is angry they aren't completely unrestricted (CR penalty) in their ability to assault homeland servers for the sake of promoting this self-cannibalizing style of game-play. Because they've all but driven off PvP on Elevation, they actually believe that by forcing others who don't want to PvP to PvP, is going to encourage PvP. It will, at first. Then after the victors are decided, it will just turn the Epic servers into a ghost town where only the victors remain. (Learn from history, otherwise you repeat it.)

I almost hope they succeed in their quest to remove all restrictions. I would gladly welcome the new influx of former Epic-Home players to Freedom with wide-open arms.

Edited by Dairuka