Sign in to follow this  
DKSprocket

Should our devs spent a (very small) effort to fix bsb abuse/griefing

Is bsb abuse worth dev time?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Fix bsb abuse?

• Yes, please fix bsb absue asap
    • Fix it eventually, but it's fine it's low priority
    • Don't waste time on this, bsb abuse/griefing could just be part of the game, even on freedom
    • Fix it on Freedom, but leave it as it is on the pvp servers

I'm a new player and i have had stuff taken, but it's not a bug just bad people.

I have learned from loss and i'm more careful now. 

Put bsb inside home, in fence, add padlock, report those you catch in the act in server chat

Don't blame dev because you did not securer your belongings, and that some people are just plan mean.

though i don't think anything needs to be "fixed" i do think it would be nice if we had had option window like house when we placed locks

on boxes (key like a writ maybe, no more key doubles) and if a box is not accessed in a long time  then lock it decays.

*edit

my option on the subject has changed.

with the new laws the griefing is going to get out of hand.

I'm a "it can't be help" person when something happens to me

but i can't stand seeing new players being griefed.

When i first post i felt sorry for the over worked GMs

but the new law makes me feel like they don't care at all. :(

Edited by Kittysong
  • Like 2

You forgot to add the option "Only if you can do it without breaking other things".

But overall I don't see any issue with how it all is now, most of the things you listed don't seem to be bugs, just the way the servers work, lock them :)

This should be fixed def +1

Wait...so if i came to your deed and locked all of your bsb's so you cannot access them anymore...that sounds like it is intended to be that way? Maybe this is the way it should work on epic or chaos...but on freedom, your deed should protect your things. You should not have to worry about loosing any items so long as they are on your deed.

• Like 1

Put bsb inside home, in fence, add padlock, report those you catch in the act in server chat

Don't blame dev because you did not securer your belongings, and that some people are just plan mean.

We're not talking about items left offdeed, out in the wilderness. We're talking about items left on deeded tiles - Tiles for which we pay for - where our items should not have to be subject to abusable "features" such as this one.

We do not wish to put a fence around the houses on our deed. It is the prerogative of the mayor on a deed to decide its layout. If the mayor has disabled visitors from taking stuff I fail to see why they should be allowed to place and take bulk bins to their pleasing. It is not a matter of us "not securing" our belongings, because we have toggled every setting available to us and still we are at a loss since a severe oversight in permission handling prevents us from properly controlling our own lands.

I have raised this issue multiple times, in both suggestions threads and in the thread regarding flying and fence climbing and there has been no progress made on the issue. Instead a new "feature" has been added to the list where people can apparently load your stuff and cart off.

• Like 5

I definetely see an issue with that since untill now i wasn't aware that this is even possible now. I mean i was under the assumption that i don't need to lock anything on my deed since nobody can steal it anyways.

If i understand this right, everyone could just come up to my deed and lock my unlocked bsbs and chests so i can't open them anymore. And they even can load planted ones (with or without items?) onto a wagon and pretty much steal them? WTF??

If my above assumption is correct then this isn't just "an issue", it's a goddamn exploit that needs to be fixed asap.

Yes, bsbs and chests on your deed not locked in a writ or an enclosure with a gate, this can be done to. I am under the assumption that if you made the chest/bsb, you can pick the lock IF you have high enough locksmithing to even do it. I have been saying this for the past week. I'm glad others are starting to see it and say something. On PvP, this might be fine. On Freedom, it's not. It needs fixed ASAP.

It's pretty ridiculous how mayors do not always have permission to lockpick containers on their own deed, while an outsider can put a lock those same containers. Considering a deed is a paid-for service, it needs to be the end-all solution to permissions. Please fix this ASAP.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson
  • Like 3

So people are going crazy building bulk bins on other peoples deeds and locking them huh? mjpopcorngif

it is not just bsb i have heard of players making fountains and statues on other peoples deeds making them have to bash them to get rid of them. I am not sure how it works never tried it but there was a person on pristine in kchat that was complaining about it guess it happens to them all the time. 

Anyway i guess this is more about the locking of them then being able to create things on other players deeds. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

First we had people dropping 1ql items into unlocked bsb's/fsb's

Now we have:

So people are going crazy building bulk bins on other peoples deeds and locking them huh? mjpopcorngif

it is not just bsb i have heard of players making fountains and statues on other peoples deeds making them have to bash them to get rid of them. I am not sure how it works never tried it but there was a person on pristine in kchat that was complaining about it guess it happens to them all the time. 

Anyway i guess this is more about the locking of them then being able to create things on other players deeds. 

f31.jpg

I think its time the dev/pr team gave us the common courtesy of a reply on this matter... but i won't hold my breath :(

I think its time the dev/pr team gave us the common courtesy of a reply on this matter... but i won't hold my breath :(

LMAO! They never do. And comparing issues talked about on forums, with those implemented in the game - the devs completely ignore our threads, or don't read them at all.

LMAO! They never do. And comparing issues talked about on forums, with those implemented in the game - the devs completely ignore our threads, or don't read them at all.

You must not be reading the forums very often. The Wurm team has assembled a PR team that works very hard on communicating what is going on internally.

• Like 2

The building stuff on other people's deeds without permission thing is problematic. I faced it myself when someone who was annoyed at me built a bunch of statues on part of my deed.

With wagons and loading, I could now haul them off somewhere to rot, but at the time this was not an option. (Mayor alt of that deed had no premium and could not bash the statues.)

This is a pretty big issue in my opinion, even though I'm a pvp player.  I think the major exploit is being able to lock things on other peoples deeds, pvp server or not, that doesn't seem right to me.  Now being able to build something on someone elses deed, bsb or chest or house should be governed by the build permission, if that's not the case then that's an obvious bug.  Although I'm going to go out on a limb and say these containers are simply dropped then locked so they're pretty much there permanently (on a pve server)...which isn't right

To any comments about how Rolf seems to favour the pvp servers, understand that valrei, in it's entirety, is basically broken and has been so for...well...basically the beginning, and this is a major part of epic.  He's also ignored (or at least seems to) the numerous posts asking for it to be fixed, so no, Rolf doesn't favour a particular group.

Although I'm going to go out on a limb and say these containers are simply dropped then locked so they're pretty much there permanently (on a pve server)...which isn't right

I built a chest in a house I wasn't on the writ for on a deed on which I did not belong.

Hi Everyone,

I'm aware this is an ongoing issue and does affect a large number of players on a daily basis, it's unfortunate that such a mechanic (or lack thereof) is abused to this level.

While I don't currently have any information about the situation from the dev team, I will raise it with them and have a response for you all as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I advise locking your own containers on deed, it can be a hassle, but avoids losing anything precious.

Regards,

Retrograde

• Like 5

Hi Everyone,

I'm aware this is an ongoing issue and does affect a large number of players on a daily basis, it's unfortunate that such a mechanic (or lack thereof) is abused to this level.

While I don't currently have any information about the situation from the dev team, I will raise it with them and have a response for you all as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I advise locking your own containers on deed, it can be a hassle, but avoids losing anything precious.

Regards,

Retrograde

Thanks for the official response. :)

• Like 1

Been suggested to fix this before should have been done already.

Regards,

Retrograde

Doing a rough estimate I have 50 or so exposed bins and a mailbox or two on various deeds and off deed public houses. Quite a lot of padlocks to create as a temporary preventative. An ideal solution would be to code bins so that only the person who dropped or planted them can apply a padlock to them.

=Ayes=

I built a chest in a house I wasn't on the writ for on a deed on which I did not belong.

sounds legit....

I'm confused as to how that is possible...

Edited by Object

If you are on a freedom server and someone comes to your deed locking bsb's etc. file a support ticket for GM assistance.

Going to someone's deed and locking up bsb's, fsb's etc. that you do not have access to the contents may be considered griefing and is dealt with as such.  Use common sense and you will most likely be fine.

• Like 5

Glad this is officially considered griefing.  That at least makes me feel a bit better.  Good that this actually garnered attention unlike the suggestion threads pertaining to these matters.

If you are on a freedom server and someone comes to your deed locking bsb's etc. file a support ticket for GM assistance.

Going to someone's deed and locking up bsb's, fsb's etc. that you do not have access to the contents may be considered griefing and is dealt with as such.  Use common sense and you will most likely be fine.

This is good information.  I am, however, interested to find out if the fix for this is high priority.  Thanks.

• Like 1

This is true and good advice. However, it if can be done, someone will do it - repeatedly. I would still like to see the ability to do so removed unless that person is a villager or permissioned on the writ - for Freedom anyway.  I would not want to impose a fix on Freedom that changes a legit tactic on Chaos in the same way I don't like fixes on Chaos affecting Freedom. I don't PvP and have never been on Chaos so I don't know if this is a normal thing there or not.

• Like 1

I would still like to see the ability to do so removed unless that person is a villager or permissioned on the writ - for Freedom anyway.  

Then I would suggest to you that you use the suggestions forums instead of town square.