Sign in to follow this  
Ravenclaw

Double click to Open Containers

Simple basic suggestion, many us are using to doing it with double clicking top open foulders already....

and in game primary most common thing you want to do with container is open and close frequently, so why not implement double click to open container window.

This will be optional naturally, so people who like current double click keep current double click....

You could also have a smart option, so double click is both examine and open containers on double click

Edited by Ravenclaw

Huge +1

Seems like we should have been using this very intuitive feature since beta  :D 

Edited by Griebo

Double clicking is currently used to handle examine, and personally, I think it's best that way. You can just bind a key to open, for example, mouse3 (a side mouse button) or mouse2 (your mouse wheel).

I believe this should be a bindable and changeable command, but I do not think it should be changed to a default. There is already a function that allows you to examine things on double-click and I use that frequently.

+1 if it's a choice thing, -1 to a permanent change

I've just simply bound Open to a key, makes it so much faster. Don't think examine needs to be removed from double clicking either :(

I personally bind open to the space bar since it is the command i use most often in the game

Double clicking is currently used to handle examine, and personally, I think it's best that way. You can just bind a key to open, for example, mouse3 (a side mouse button) or mouse2 (your mouse wheel).

and likewise it couled easily be a option, esp as examine is also bindable

they could also be a smart option, where it will both examine and open.... so option that don't have inv will still be examined

I've just simply bound Open to a key, makes it so much faster. Don't think examine needs to be removed from double clicking either :(

I'm afraid I have to agree.  It may be non-intuitive compared to other games, but I like my double-click to examine.

Make it possible to bind something to double click.

Sure, you want it as examine. I'm sure you have other keybinds that I wouldn't use and many others don't also, but those have options so nobody complains

Adding a keybind does not prevent you from examining. Why in the hell are you -1ing it!?

E is for improve, continue, or farm, depending on the bind set, gosh. Right across from Q for activate.

Adding a keybind does not prevent you from examining. Why in the hell are you -1ing it!?

Because there is already a key-bind available for open, and we do not want double-click changed from examine, to open.

Edited by Arronicus

E is for improve, continue, or farm, depending on the bind set, gosh. Right across from Q for activate.

Because there is already a key-bind available for open, and we do not want double-click changed from examine, to open.

He isn't asking it be changed from examine, he is asking to at least make it optional to change it to another keybind.

And there is also a keybind option for examine as well..

I dont understand how a thread like this gets a single -1. You're asking for a simple option to be added that won't affect anyone that doesn't want it to affect them.

-1 will be my vote here. Double-clicking is already unintuitive enough as it is since it does two different things in your inventory and outside of it. After a while of walking around examining things I always end up trying to examine the items in my inventory by double-clicking them.

Perhaps if it's togglable in the startup-client and not set as standard, so that everyone who gets it will have to actively choose it. Otherwise you can always bind open to a key.

Edited by Aeris

-1 will be my vote here. Double-clicking is already unintuitive enough as it is since it does two different things in your inventory and outside of it. After a while of walking around examining things I always end up trying to examine the items in my inventory by double-clicking them.

Perhaps if it's togglable in the startup-client and not set as standard, so that everyone who gets it will have to actively choose it. Otherwise you can always bind open to a key.

you putting a negative on a 'option' people who want it as examine can keep it examine.... this is option for people to use double click differently it would have no impact on people stuck on there old ways

I'm just taking into account the time it will take to implement in relation to the time they will have to spend debugging it afterwards. Almost every function that has had anything to do with opening containers has been subject to severe oversights that has lead to abusable bugs. When the open keybind was first introduced you could for example open locked containers with it.

I'm just taking into account the time it will take to implement in relation to the time they will have to spend debugging it afterwards. Almost every function that has had anything to do with opening containers has been subject to severe oversights that has lead to abusable bugs. When the open keybind was first introduced you could for example open locked containers with it.

which is fixed, and they already working keybind, so implementaion is hardly going to be brain surgery or quantum physics.

And for many people (not all) double click be more intuative because we all used to double clicking to open windows on our pc operating systems.... if fact i heard many people who played long time still find themself trying to open with double click just coz its built in instict to them

Edited by Ravenclaw

Everytime Santa is put back into the game old things from the era where all characters looked like Santa are re-introduced. Last time it was that passengers of the ship were the ones able to lead creatures as opposed to the captain which is what we have now. I doubt that it would be a matter of just implementing it.

So if it wasn't for your fear of devs screwing up when adding it, you would be okay with it?

You make a great point, there should no longer be any additions or changes added into the game for the fear of big creation is too great! Even when they fix bugs there are bugs sometimes. So stop big fixes too!!!

Your mockery would make more of an impression on me if you presented some sort of counter-argument that made sense. So what if I think they should fix existing bugs and internal feature adding procedures before adding more stuff?