Sign in to follow this  
Druidnature

[Chaos] New friendly PMK being thought about

So, since I'm unable to post in chaos forums, I'm hoping this is the best place to put this, if not can someone please move it to the correct section?

Have you ever wanted chaos to be a bit more "clean?" Less drama? More players? More...Alive?

Well, we may share something.

I'm thinking about creating a new PMK on chaos, though not your standard PMK. One that's focused

On being neutral/allied with all (yes, all) kingdoms. And isn't exactly "at war" with them. I want it to be focused on bringing and training new players, and pve players, how to survive on chaos. There are many things on it that don't exist on Pve servers that are quiet fun. (Valrei mobs for example)

The PMK will be aimed more towards helping each other out, surviving, and (maybe if possible) once respected & trusted by each kingdom a "trade" hub (if possible, it would be nice to be at-peace with each kingdom. Not sure if that will ever be possible) overall, were here to let people come to chaos, have a safe place to live, and see what chaos has to offer, before they decide what kingdom/PMK they want to join for the war efforts. (If they ever do, if they wish to stay in the PMK and help out, or just to have fun on chaos, that's great!)

It will be our goal to make people want to play on chaos, and to hopefully make the server in general more interesting to everyone. Pvp can be had, and fun, without griefing, blaming, arguments, and drama.

What are my personal goal of this? Overall, I want to live on chaos, have that adrenaline you get walking into the wild knowing you could be attacked. But that's not enough, I want to actually be apart of something. I want to be able to craft weapons, armour , tools, and see people using them to defend our kingdom. If you know me from Deli, you know I've made many items, and have only sold once in my entire time crafting. I like crafting for others and making friends with it, not silver. And I'd rather see what my crafting does (defending/assisting the kingdom, watching players raise there skills ect) in short, I want to see what I make actually being used to do something.

I also want to be apart of a kingdom that is respected for being helpful to the pvp community as a whole, instead of what everyone "thinks" about the current ones. I know it's a lot to ask for a pvp game, but It's been done before. A long term goal would be to have every kingdom consider us a "ally" though I'm not to sure that would be possible. If we could manage to train players to live on chaos, and then they go to a kingdom of there choosing (or wish to stay in ours and help with what direction we choose) that would be great, and my "overall" goal. I guess would be to create the perfect "safe" environment for players wishing to play on chaos.

We of course will most likely need pure pvpers too for this, I doubt every kingdom would leave us alone even if we're not wanting to fight them in any way. So we'll need defenders and if peace is ever broken, attackers to fight back. (Though the PMK initially would try to "ally" everyone in every kingdom/PMK, it most likely won't be plausible to fully do this. I'm sure someone would wish to attempt destroying us)

For that reason, we will most likely need a few pvpers that know what there doing, and someone/multiple people that know how to control a few groups of pvpers. (Though we could also use these people for other reasons: teaching people how to pvp, how everything in chaos works, ect)

If, we get forced to start raiding someone, there would be a rule.

No griefing, take what you thinks valuable if you wish, but screwing things up "just for fun" wouldn't be allowed. (There MAY be exceptions in the future if someone really try's to mess with our own PMK, it could be discussed on trying to fight back and this may be needed, otherwise I don't want to see people purposely making others gameplay miserable)

And a overall rule (even if we're at war with them)

No arguing with other kingdoms. By this, I mean the forum pvp we always see, and I'm sure it also happens on the game. I'd love for this to be a respected PMK from all other kingdoms/pmks. There won't be any "X just wants it so they can be more powerful" or "X just wants it to screw us over" you get the idea. If someone outside our PMK makes a suggestion, think of how it would benefit ALL of chaos, not just us or another kingdom. The goal of are PMK is to make life better for everyone in the pvp community, not ruin it for others.

Anyone and everyone would be welcome to join, as long as they understand we're working for a friendlier community on chaos. And respects that and works for it.

As for the PMK itself, there are still many things I need to learn before going through with this. Mostly what it takes to run, and the mechanics. And obviously where we'd put it. But for now I'm just seeing if people think this is a good idea in general, if they think it would work. And if anyone's interested In helping out with it.

Edit: Also, I will be paying for the PMK to start it, so no trust issues will go on. (Though, I'm pretty sure by now every knows me for character buying ;) ) but just so everyone knows.

And would be nice for every kingdoms POV on this also... Do you think you could work with a "neutral" PMK that is trying to help everyone, while at the same time enjoying chaos? Or would you see us more of a "helping my enemy" type deal?

I'd try making it as neutral as possible (can a kingdom even be friendly to both WL and BL though?) and try to make it as fair to everyone as possible. It would be pretty cool to see it become a trusted trade place between all kingdoms instead of having to travel to a freedom server Imo! and if possible to sell services to all kingdoms (if that's even possible)

So, what does everyone think? Can it be done?!?!

Once I get to a computer I'll try fixing up spelling errors/formatting. Can't tell on a phone ;P

Thanks for any help! And I hope this can go somewhere!

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 1

one thing about PvE on the PvP servers.....I seen this in Epic ( Elevation ) once.....they all got chased out who came and was known....not pretty.

Unless you go in with known established PvP Players and do their thing you will probably have a hard time.

sure you can try though!! Good Luck!!

Edited by Protunia

Would I be able to use Druid to link even though he's never been/ isn't currently on a pvp server?

No, to post you must go to Chaos, otherwise sorry to say you would have no business posting in a PvP section.

As soon as you get owned by people lobbying changes in IRC you will get insta jaded.

I don't have time to read all of this but read the first few sections. I welcome you to come over and I think it will work as long as you're not a control freak. Last time people tried this there was a little bit of internal kingdom control drama which lead to other things and ultimately the whole kingdom aborted their whole plans and converted kingdom.

The most ideal thing for this would be the Freedom template as you would automatically get all new recruits on chaos, unless you're able to draw attention from other places and just convert them in. Freedom has 3 areas they can automatically start at, The Landing, Hunters Lodge and Gold Coast though there is not much growing room around those areas anymore, The landing probably has a bit more land than the others for a Freedom template.

As for other areas of the map, there is one section of the map where there are very few people living and I believe there's a few other PMK interests in that area.

JK always welcome to be friendly with other kingdoms.

Edited by MetalDragon

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, February 27, 2014 - OT
Hidden by Jberg, February 27, 2014 - OT

JK always welcome to be friendly with other kingdoms.

Irony

Definitely not a control freak, hehe.

And thanks for the info, I will have to do some (actually - lot) of research on that and many other things. It's appreciated for the advice ^_^

Also, this isn't a "set in stone" direction, right now that does look like there won't be any pvp what so ever. However, depending on how things go with people attacking us, or others in the PMK, it "may" become more PvP related. While it would be wonderful to see a perfect area for everyone to come without drama and worry of being attacked, I'd need to hear from the current chaos players how (and if) that could work.

If we did manage to get started up as a trade center, and trusted, the problem is it only takes 1 bad apple to ruin it all... Say team A came in to trade, and team B set up a ambush. It would overall be our pmks responsibility to see a fight not break out in our lands, but let's say in this example we failed to protect group A. Not only do we have group B as a possible enemy now, but we've lost the trust of group A and may even be enemies with them now because of failing.

That's one of the things I'm fearing, not sure how we could manage keeping peace with everyone when scenarios like that are probably very likely on chaos. Of course we could only allow one kingdom at a time, or person, to trade with, and trade the other kingdom later. But I'll have to think how this would be done once we know a neutral PMK could even work.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

You'll find I'm not to friendly to those that ruin other players experience for no reason other to make there life miserable ^_^

nice idea, but in all honesty it will not work out. Chaos is not a place of peace.

Edited by thenewcndo
  • Like 1

Not really sure what that had anything to do with it, not trying to ruin anyone's experience.

I like that you try to bring people in to Chaos, but I doubt it will work.

Current kingdoms would probably agree with a nap. But can't have you running around the map. It could be someone who gathers information for the enemy.

If I would see a name in local. I'd go in for the kill. Many others would do the same. It's a pvp server after all.

Hota would be off limits, it's a competition.

Not really sure why we would need to trade, we can already provide ourselves with the things we need. There is also freedom servers to meet at for 100% safe trade.

Edited by Sharkin

Not really sure what that had anything to do with it, not trying to ruin anyone's experience.

I like that you try to bring people in to Chaos, but I doubt it will work.

Current kingdoms would probably agree with a nap. But can't have you running around the map. It could be someone who gathers information for the enemy.

If I would see a name in local. I'd go in for the kill. Many others would do the same. It's a pvp server after all.

Hota would be off limits, it's a competition.

Not really sure why we would need to trade, we can already provide ourselves what we need. There is mailing and there is freedom servers to meet at.

True, mailing, freedom servers, and your own villagers supply most of everything already. And yeah, as for running around the map, I don't expect people to let others live. That would be kind of a obvious thing I'd hope the members. Basically tell them if they stay within a limited area they'd be safe, but I wouldn't expect other people to not kill them. (I wouldn't blame them in any way for attacking a member of the PMK, it's to be expected. And I'd most likely have the PMK members do the same if it's a unknown player)

Also, that last post wasn't in any way directed at you or anyone else ;) I was just saying in general. Sorry if it came out like that, should have worded it differently lol!

The trade thing though was just a afterthought I had when writing the post. Maybe it could still work for some (rare times, maybe bulk trades) but it's not what I was aiming for in general, it's more so of just living on the pvp server, and of course the risk (pve Valrei mobs and pvp) that comes with that risk.

And did you mean the current kingdoms would agree with allowing a area for the PMK where you said "nap"? I'm guessing you meant map heh. If so, that's more then I was honestly expecting... I know chaos is huge, but I've never really looked where every kingdom/PMK is at and has "control" over ATM. If this idea ever went in, would be hard probably to get in there without stepping on anyone's toes.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all say we are neutral to all? But it doesn't work that way. There had been treaties between the current kingdom which have risen and fallen across the history of chaos, I don't think choosing to be neutral and not warring wont last for long.

I feel now that this pmk thing is moving a little fast and viewing chaos drama from the forums is not really a fair way to see what really happen there.

There are 3 kingdom there already plus the new pmk, I'm pretty sure all of them need numbers instead of fracturing off into even more pmk's.

You always read he werring text battle over suggestions especially between JK and MR especially, these are bound to happen when mechanic chop and change in a game and they effect each side and sometime people don't want these suggestion as it effect there position. Don't confuse this with how things work within a kingdom. There are so many helpful and awesome people over there in all current kingdoms and if you join one of them you can see this. You don't need to go and make a new pmk and let's face it they all need people.

I wish you lucky of course. I just feel we all don't need to go and make our own house, join the groups that are already there you'll be surprised.

• Like 1

Your idea is noble and I wish it is something can be done... don't even have to be pmk.. it could be just a deed but unfortunately without knowledge of chaos politics, spies play, and without pvp veterans aiding you, you might as well being pulled left and right by the other kingdoms.

The first thing for this to work is find chaos pvp and politic veterans that dislike the current nature of chaos but wished there was a way to repair it. Talk to them, make a meeting, see how problems such as spies, being forced in various conditions to join other kingdoms, handling trolls from inside and outside, how the leadership should run, etc...

I would advice against doing this idea without any veterans guidance. Obviously, the ones you can trust they are not doing it for certain kingdom's interests.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

Your idea is noble and I wish it is something can be done... don't even have to be pmk.. it could be just a deed but unfortunately without knowledge of chaos politics, spies play, and without pvp veterans aiding you, you might as well being pulled left and right by the other kingdoms.

The first thing for this to work is find chaos pvp and politic veterans that dislike the current nature of chaos but wished there was a way to repair it. Talk to them, make a meeting, see how problems such as spies, being forced in various conditions to join other kingdoms, handling trolls from inside and outside, how the leadership should run, etc...

I would advice against doing this idea without any veterans guidance. Obviously, the ones you can trust they are not doing it for certain kingdom's interests.

Excellent post, and one I agree with. Many of these points I've actually thought about myself.

The problem is for me, I don't know any PvP vets, even retired ones, that I could trust would be in it for the sake of everyone and not just one kingdom. The ones I thought I could trust, have proved me wrong a few times.

Your actually the one I sort of got this idea from, with what you were doing to help on Inde (believe it was you anyhow) with helping new players, but I figured spin it into a pvp/chaos theme. Hehe

Right now, this is just the "basic" idea of it. Wanting to see what people overall think about it, and then decide if it's worth a shot. This definitely isn't something to rush into head first... I know that.

If I feel like it's a possibility, and hearing from more people, I'll probably start asking those I do trust for a bit of advice, as for kingdom management, that would definitely be a issue I'd need to have sorted out. (Not something I've ever been very good at, I'm more of the back up diplomat lol)

As for what Milo said... If this went the way I wish, this wouldn't take any players out of the current chaos pool, instead it wi be drawing the PVE players that were to scared to give it a try a shot. Which, once they learn the ropes, would then go to the kingdom they wish to fight for (or stay if they so wish)

Which would increase the population (I believe) if it went well. The good thing is, if it worked, these players going into the other kingdoms once they learned the ropes would hopefully be able to help a bit keeping the peace with the other kingdoms and our PMK (it's a good wish at least heh)

Also, this would likely be started as a deed at first for seeing if this would go anywhere and evolve into a PMK if enough showed interest, to kind of "get a feel" for how it would work out.

This topic is your start of seeking out people to talk with in personal and such I think. And find the trusty ones. It is for two reasons, lessons of politic and protection from enemies.

Or... Shelve the idea for later. Go join a kingdom in chaos either on your current known account or in disguise. Learn the intrigues yourself. Even might ended helping recruitment on that specific kingdom. See if.. it is worth fighting for and how, with your own eyes.

Really, just don't go to chaos only prepared by 'noble intention'. 

Edited by rosedragon

yeah, i wasn't really saying take any players from the current chaos pool, but more like What Rose is saying join a current on, you'll be surprised, then later make the move to make a pmk with neutral intentions, drawing people from freedom. The kingdoms should be ok with this, getting more people having a look at chaos/pvp is in the interest of all chaos players.....I think?

It really does seem there are some interesting times ahead for chaos, pretty cool to see.

Edited by Milosanx

I do not think that you could survive without any previous experience, without knowing how to build a well defended deed and without knowing how chaos works and with only people from freedom. However saying all that, i believe you aren't the only one who thought about such a thing like this... 

Naive.

PvP'ers are quite cannibalistic. You'll be devoured within a month, and forgotten in a week.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Naive.

PvP'ers are quite cannibalistic. You'll be devoured within a month, and forgotten in a week.

If need be, I can fight... And trust me, I learn very quickly when beating "beaten" heh. It's all about learning how to adapt to the elements.

Another pmk :) noooooooice. It sounds similar to the fort freedom start point. Things are certainly a bit different. You don't have to start off by forming your own pmk right off. You could go over as you are and you'll auto default freedom kingdom. That way you can drop a deed and start learning without dropping the initial pmk cost and then deciding it isn't for you.