Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 9

LSSNW9L.jpg

Hello fellow Wurmians!

First off I would once more like to reiterate our biggest and warmest thanks from all of the staff at Wurm Online.

Your support during the difficult situation surrounding the release and server change was invaluable and we worked all the harder and merrier for it.

In this weeks news I issue the official wall of text warning as there is plenty to talk about.

But seeing how you Wurmians go at it at the forums this should pose as no great discouragement.

There is also plenty of topics needing your input so hopefully we can have some great dev and player interactions.

Follow up on Server change and DDoS attack

In all, the situation resolved itself in a very good way and most people have experienced a more responsive gaming experience.

Some people however, have experienced connectivity and reliability issues with the new server change.

Everything is currently pointing at bottlenecks from certain areas of the world, somewhere on the way to the server rather than a server issue in itself.

If you have experienced these issues. We humbly ask you to visit the thread linked beneath this post and provide us with feedback and data.

This is so we can further evaluate the situation and use this to put pressure on the hosts to look into resolving it.

In short, we will of course try to do whatever possible to help.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96901-calling-all-lagged-users-we-need-some-example-data/

We also got plenty of press coverage from our bold move to put a reward on the attackers.

To name a few, we were headlining tech news on BBC and got articles on both Gamasutra and Rock Paper Shotgun.

BBC.jpg

We have still not received any tip that could lead to a conviction, though we know there are interested parties out there still looking into it.

However, we have had some pretty hilarious attempts to claim the reward.

One being just plainly name dropping random twitter accounts thinking this would be enough.

Another was a duo.

First one person went openly to the forum claiming to be the hacker and sent us fake resources which contained nothing.

Then another person sending random pieces of code and Photo Shopped images claiming to be the proof that the other guy was indeed the culprit.

Lastly finishing the deal smoothly with sending an unrelated article of someone being arrested.

-Give me your money please?

Topics needing your input

Champion Points

Rolf has started a thread about champion points and is currently looking into how to balance and change this to the better. He would greatly appreciate constructive feedback on the topic.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96774-champion-points-for-conquering/

Epic Abilities and Buffs

One of our players started a topic and voiced a concern which server developer EricN was already interested in looking into. So he simply hijacked the thread.

So for those who are interested in discussing Epic Abilities and Buffs, go and read up on this thread and leave your input.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96432-sorcery-evocator-info/

Titles for skill levels achieved

There is now also a push for filling in the gaps and changing some outdated titles for skill levels achieved.

So we wanted to involve our creative players in the process.

We only ask that if you want to change something that is already in place, that you leave a reason for it.

Also, if you see suggestions that you agree with, like them, this will make it easier for us to find the popular suggestions from your standpoint.

You will find skills and titles listed in this thread. Bear in mind some titles are still hidden as a surprise to those who achieve them. And yes, we do have sneaky developers.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96911-titles-for-skill-levels-achieved/

Staff Changes

Max, also known around the forums as MaxC, will now be helping out with server downtime support.

He has connected the heart of Wurm directly into his home, and if it stops beating, a bat signal goes off leaving no margin for misinterpretation or continued sleep.

Welcome to the team Max.

Wurm has risen once more, and we shall indeed

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 36

He has connected the heart of Wurm directly into his home, and if it stops beating, a bat signal goes off leaving no margin for misinterpretation or continued sleep.

LOL... slave for Libila :D .

Fun updates Johan! Not that it really give out game updates but it is entertaining and enlightening news!

Edited by rosedragon

Maybe the new graphics guy can make the sunset and sunrise more colorful and vibrant? :)

Good updates as always and it is nice to see a second man on server duty but the new graphic addition really excites me. 

Edited by Kegan

Im glad some are still chasing the DDoSer

Seems sad that people try to fake images to get the 10.000

Welcome Max. What about question mark icons that are not changed for over 1 year? And about the new wood type textures?

I want to see many updates, but bugs and question mark icons and new wood textures are important too (my oppinion).

Great job guys!

• Like 1

I wonder what the bat signal for Wurm is? A giant dragon? A shovel? :)

Welcome to the team, MaxC!

Then another person sending random pieces of code and Photo Shopped images claiming to be the proof that the other guy was indeed the culprit.

Hahaha doesn't that person know what the crime punishment would be for that xD So not worth the reward even if it was for family haha.

So, the reward still hasn't been claimed? 

Anyone want to split 10k euros with me?

What have you done... my wagon won't go through the 1 tile road out of my deed... won't go through my fences, or through building doors (the double door)...you practically have made wagons useless.

What have you done... my wagon won't go through the 1 tile road out of my deed... won't go through my fences, or through building doors (the double door)...you practically have made wagons useless.

It will be fixed within the day friend do not worry. Art director Wox is on the case!

• Like 1

Any news on bridges?

They are still being worked on, currently the main thing is 3d collisions which needs to be further developed and implemented for them to work in game.

• Like 1

They are still being worked on, currently the main thing is 3d collisions which needs to be further developed and implemented for them to work in game.

Anything about 3d mines?

I'm not liking Mark Zuckerberg's smile in that BBC screencap, he's the culprit for the DDOS attacks!

• Like 1

Isnt the title of the thread "Work and Progress"?

Cant see any sign of new features here...

Back to work!

Any update on the connection issues people are having?

Have submitted my data via email, but with the thread now locked and cleared no new info is forthcoming.

Only way I have (had) been able to establish a reliable connection at multiple times each day is using a VPN, but several of them now result in me getting told (where I would normally see the quote of the day) that my IP (assigned by the VPN) has been permanently banned, so their is obviously some abuse going on from others that are using these to connect and getting the same IP assigned.

Premium time on 2 accounts runs out in the next week and I won't be bothering to renew at a time when I cant decently play the game.

I have a number of people in friends list that have now just not logged on for multiple days when they are normally on every day, and would not be surprised if it's not because they are not trying, but are just not able to at the moment