Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Titles for skill levels achieved

Oooo I want to be a Crusader! +1 for this :)

Crusader is a religious reference

Personally always thought of Tank Girl as refering to the tank role in the holy mmo trinity of tank, healer, and dps. Granted it could be a reference to the comic character, which seems more likely on reflection. No idea how popular that was in Sweden (or whoever suggested it).

Valkyrie sounds good; though, as mentioned before Knight is fine too. It might be a pseudo medieval setting; however, we still look at things through the colored filters of our current culture.

Course what seems fine to one person can be completely wrong to another.

EDIT: Might get a list madeup of personal preferences and other suggested titles I like. Along with helping out family with my ailing grandfather, Ive also recently picked up some part time work in Las Vegas. Been too busy and tired, until I adjust to the new schedule. <_<

Edited by Klaa

Religion-50. Devotional. 70. Theological. 90. Supernatural.

Preaching-50. Cleric. 70. Prophet. 90. Sermonizer.

Edited by Protunia

90 Mauls should be 'Gallagher'

Gallagher-350.jpg

Edited by Entendu
  • Like 2

Hello.

Here are my humble submissions.

djCDyO3.jpg

The titles in italics have been taken from the original post and just included for reference purposes.

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 5

After reading through this thread it seems to me that there is some confusion about what is actually pop culture. According to dictionary.com pop culture is: 

"noun

cultural activities or commercial products reflecting, suited to, or aimed at the tastes of the generalmasses of people."

This includes things like Tim the Toolman and references to other TV shows and celebrities, but does not include things from legend, such as King Midas. I am of the opinion that actual pop culture references (such as Tim the Toolman and Schwarzenegger) should be changed, but legendary or historical references (like Midas touch) should remain the same.

It'd be cool if I'd actually be able to change my title as a kingdom ruler too, btw ;)

After reading through this thread it seems to me that there is some confusion about what is actually pop culture. According to dictionary.com pop culture is: 

"noun

cultural activities or commercial products reflecting, suited to, or aimed at the tastes of the generalmasses of people."

This includes things like Tim the Toolman and references to other TV shows and celebrities, but does not include things from legend, such as King Midas. I am of the opinion that actual pop culture references (such as Tim the Toolman and Schwarzenegger) should be changed, but legendary or historical references (like Midas touch) should remain the same.

Last I checked the historical/mythical references mentioned were very much part of today's popular culture. Eldorado, Atlantis etc etc are the same.

"noun

+1 for getting rid of real world legends/myths/aesop's fables as well.

Edited by Elen

"noun

I love my Midas Touch title, so +1 to keeping legendary/historical titles the same c: 

• Like 1

what ever you do not touch the Midas touch title change everything else but that it is one of the best crafting title in wurm.

• Like 1

Crusader is a religious reference

The reasoning behind changing it to Crusader is, it has more of a meaning behind the skill level you achieve it at, you have taken ""a journey"" to hit 70FS and perhaps it shows you are willing to fight for a cause (for your kingdom)

However, that said it is not up to me to add it. Would just like to share it.

Edited by Thrrim

I just think it's a bit moot to replace one ill-fitting title with another.

There seems to be some misconception about "pop culture". It just means they are things most people would recognize. Those can be lasting things like old legends, or more fleeting like last decades movies.

There is nothing wrong with using stuff like these, otherwise we would be limited to titles like fighter, good fighter, real good fighter. However they need to be used right

Things like Herkules, Schwarzennegger, Tank Girl, Gepetto, etc refer to specific characters and shouldn't be used for skills (besides, Gepetto was a toymaker, not a pupeteer)

Berserker, Amazon, Knight, refer to a type of people and should work for someone have that same type of skill.

Midas Touch is a specific abilty, and doesn't really fit with the the jeweler skill. It should be an achivement title for using transformation liquid maybe.

Climbing 70- mountaineerguide 90-cliffraider or cliffhanger.. Pls make better sugestion for this skill

Midas Touch is a specific abilty, and doesn't really fit with the the jeweler skill. It should be an achivement title for using transformation liquid maybe.

If we're being picky it can technically be seen as a figurative description of ones abilities, as in "that guy sure has a way with jewelry. He crafts gold necklaces like noone else, he's got a real Midas touch!".

• Like 1

I think 70 fighting should be [knight], and 90 should be [paladin].

Mercenary could be an optional title or something, for people that actually want to be mercenaries.

Remove the culture references.

Edited by Ganken

Large Axe | 50 Beserker | 70 Raider | 90 Beholder of Doom | 100 Destined Destroyer

Longsword | 50 Knight  |  70 Defender  |  90 Guardian of the Realm  |  100 Defender of Justice

Traps  |  50 Trapmaker  |  70 Trapsman/Trapswomen  |  90 Soul Trapper  |  100 Legendary Trapper

Stealing  |  50 Pickpocket  |  70 Shadowfoot  |  90  Criminal Mastermind  |  100 Highest Bounty

Long Bow  |  50 Farshot  |  70 Huntsman/Huntwomen  |  90 Master/Mistress of the Woods  |  100 Shooter of Titans

Short Bow  | 50 Swiftshot  |  70 Bowman/Bowlady |  90 Grandmaster Archer  |  100 Archery Demigod

I'll put more ideas up later heheh xD but that's a start. I like unique titles so any empty spaces should be filled so I have goals lol

The 100 titles are too LoL, WoW, and just sound cheesy Imo.

Hello.

Here are my humble sutmissions.

djCDyO3.jpg

The titles in italics have been taken from the original post and just included for reference purposes.

These are great.

• Like 1

thank you for the updated picture Johan! we do need a few more guidelines.

why does Soul Depth have a title but no other sub characteristic?

why does carving knife get titles but not the butcher knife?

why dont any tools get a neat title?

I do agree that sub weapon skills Don't really need titles. although this will ultimately give players more choice in the end, and more game :)

but I think that sub fighting skills do need titles

and also tools / miscellaneous sub skills need titles

[Reaper] for 90 scythe (by Hula_girl). Who wouldn't spend time for that one? :D

this are my picks of the suggestions and ideas, for only the missing titles.

1ITjL7R.jpg

• Like 3