Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Titles for skill levels achieved

well this is as far as i got tonight, some of its the suggestions you guys posted that i liked, some of it is funny stuff, and some serious suggestions on changes and additions, probably some of its not in the right order yet, and some of it isn't even necessary, just wanted to put it together n maybe get more brains rollin :)

4JVsa0Y.jpg

All looks good but I prefer Warrior Princess instead of Dame...and why can't females be Knights anyway?

The idea to ask us about titles is fantastic!

I would change the 2/3 titles in ropemaking because they are just bad...I mean REALLY bad

But also a few others...

From -> To

Ropemaking

Ropemaker -> Ropemaker

Rope for help -> Renowed Ropemaker

Hangman/woman -> Master Ropemaker

If 50 Paving is Roadbuilder then

90 Paving shouldnt be something like World Connector?

Hammers could be

Hammer of the Gods

Wielder of Mjolnir

God of Thunder

Edited by CageStorm

mm i hope the axes titles dont get changed,those are great now.

and stabber its fine where it is,you cant stab with s butcher knife,

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

Ropemaking

Ropemaker -> Ropemaker

Rope for help -> Renowed Ropemaker

Hangman/woman -> Master Ropemaker

Rope for help may be a terrible title and I hate it, but at least it's not renowned

• Like 2

Please capitalize "bowmaker" in both "Renowned bowmaker" and "Master bowmaker".

• Like 2

-----------------------

marker post.  suggestions prior to this captured

-----------------------

as a side note, if you post images, please also put the text as images do not sort/compile.  anyone who put an image I have pm'd you asking for the text to send me.

Also, can you please just put the skill on one line with no spaces.  my compiled sheet is now a garbled mess I will have to go manually prune it all up.

something like this would be best to do, tnx:

Skill | 50title | 70title | 90title | 100title

All titles with master at 90title can be Legendary at 100.

Like this:

90title Master Blacksmith      - 100 - Legendary Blacksmith

90title Master Carpenter        - 100 - Legendary Carpenter

90title Master Mason           - 100 - Legendary Mason

90title Master Weaponsmith  - 100 - Legendary Weaponsmith

Edited by scyther669

x, renowned x, master x and legendary x is the absolutely lamest way of going about the titles. There are a lot of things that can and should be uniform, titles should not in my opinion. The titles are there as a fun distinction to mark the thresholds of a skill, so what would be the point in turning them into something boring?

If people are so strongly opposed of cultural references because it "doesn't fit the lore", how about we make the titles references to the Wurm lore?

Anything is better than the uniform snore titles.

For example:

Woodcutting - Vynora's helper | Vynora's right hand | Devoted to Vynora | CHOICE by the one who uncovers it

Or why not references to people that have become well-known for something in-game? Or historical Wurm events?

• Like 7

seems to me like some people want to move the titles they like to skill they already have even if they dont fit,screwing up everybody that got that skill and has the good titles now.

• Like 1

For fighting skill, I'd like to see a bunch of different titles on each level tier. For instance:

Level 50 could unlock "Fighter" "Soldier" "Man at Arms" "Reqruit" and "Squire"

Level 70 could unlock  "Mercenary" "Cataphract" "Barbarian" and "Knight"

Level 90 could unlock "Paladin" "Templar" and 'Crusader"

I think that "Notch" should be a title for mind skill somewhere. He is in the mensa society, you know.

Edited by Ganken
  • Like 2

My suggestion in the requested skill/50/70/90/100 format:

Dairymaking | Cheesemaker | Cheesemonger | Affineur | Cheese Whiz

• Like 1

Legendary titles should remain the domain of people who first reach those levels... at least legitimately.

Major EDIT: For the most part I agree with most subskills and sub characteristics not really needing titles; however, thats a personal preference, and Ive seen some nice ones suggested.

Heres some for what the OP feels needs filling (along with corrections to associated mains or subs)

Skill|50|70|90

Alchemy|Alchemist|Transmutator|Chemist
 Natural Subs|Naturalist|Collector|Sage

Clubs|Clubber|Thumper|Drummer  

Dairy food making|Dairyman/maid|Curd-Curdler|Whey-Wrangler

Hammers|Hammerer 

Healing|Healer|Doctor|Surgeon
 First Aid|Quacksalver|Responder|Medic

Milling|Miller|Powderman/maid|Master Miller

Milking|Milkman/maid|Cow-Masseuse|Happy Ender

Papyrusmaking|Papermaker|Pulp-beater|Skunk

Polearms|Spearman/maid|Hoplite|Phalanx

Religion|Cleric|Prophet|Fanatic
 Artifacts|Carrier|Weilder|Avatar
 Prayer|Reverent|Singer|Soul-Singer
 Preaching|Preacher|Orator|Speaker of the Gods

Thatching|Thatcher|Reed-Weaver|Roofer

Stealing|Pickpocket|Purloiner|Silver-fingers
Traps|Trapper|Linesman/maid|Will-o-wisp/Foxfire

Toys|Manipulator|Toymaster|Childe

Not so sure about the Hammer and Artifact skills as the current implementation is... wonky to put it mildly.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

just noticed by chance you edited and added a bunch klaa.  

Note for Everyone.  Please post new, don't edit as I am not double and tripple checking all these posts.  Otherwise the original post you make is set in concrete in what data i'm collecting.  Sorry, but I can't check the same data 10 times etc.

But again, that title would be more suited to "exorcism 90" than scythe (a farming tool...)

True but Grim Reaper is just the name given to the reaper of souls so it's technically the same heh

Could make it "field reaper" though and it would fit haha

Edited by Ryamu
  • Like 1

For one of the top tier mind ones should have a title "Smarter then Merlin" lol

Staff: 50 Nomad / 70 Journeyman/Journeywoman / 90 Monk / 100 Staffwielding Regeant or The Staff Master

just noticed by chance you edited and added a bunch klaa.  

Note for Everyone.  Please post new, don't edit as I am not double and tripple checking all these posts.  Otherwise the original post you make is set in concrete in what data i'm collecting.  Sorry, but I can't check the same data 10 times etc.

Aye usually dislike posting right after a prev post, and it was the last post anyways.

When considering titles for the Artifact skill (Is this even skillable?), I was thinking along the lines of a Glen Cook book I read years ago called The Swordbearer

http://www.amazon.com/Swordbearer-Glen-Cook-ebook/dp/B006NZBFMS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393908353&sr=8-4&keywords=the+sword+bearer

A good read along similar stripes as the same author's Black Company novels. Plus the artist they got to do the new covers really captured the content imho.

Couldnt decide if Bearer or Carrier made more sense for the first Artifact title.

EDIT: Double post, bad me :P

Edited by Klaa

After having no idea for some titles for years, Rolf will now end up with having too many titles and can't decide the next years :P

• Like 1

Could probably afford to remove some of the skill group ones while adding ones for the subskills. Like nature for example, drop that and add titles for everything under it individually. This would also help if the idea of all titles giving some manner of small bonus ever got further developed.

Edited by Elen

Could probably afford to remove some of the skill group ones while adding ones for the subskills. Like nature for example, drop that and add titles for everything under it individually. This would also help if the idea of all titles giving some manner of small bonus ever got further developed.

No, I like my 90 title for Nature

I'm not after removing any current titles (may replace some) - exception maybe soul depth

• Like 1

I'd definitely try to replace Tank Girl, probably one of the worst titles along with Rope for Help (??) :P Knight sounds perfectly fine for both, doesn't really need to be gender specific imo

IMO, 100 titles should be goofy, to better represent the minds of the people who obtain them!

:D