Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Titles for skill levels achieved

Large Axe | 50 Beserker | 70 Raider | 90 Beholder of Doom | 100 Destined Destroyer

Longsword | 50 Knight  |  70 Defender  |  90 Guardian of the Realm  |  100 Defender of Justice

Traps  |  50 Trapmaker  |  70 Trapsman/Trapswomen  |  90 Soul Trapper  |  100 Legendary Trapper

Stealing  |  50 Pickpocket  |  70 Shadowfoot  |  90  Criminal Mastermind  |  100 Highest Bounty

Long Bow  |  50 Farshot  |  70 Huntsman/Huntwomen  |  90 Master/Mistress of the Woods  |  100 Shooter of Titans

Short Bow  | 50 Swiftshot  |  70 Bowman/Bowlady |  90 Grandmaster Archer  |  100 Archery Demigod

I'll put more ideas up later heheh xD but that's a start. I like unique titles so any empty spaces should be filled so I have goals lol

• Like 2

90 scythe: grim reaper

too generic, change to Reaper of Souls xP works better

• Like 1

I don't think every tool and weapon should have its own set of titles. Seems like a bit much to have potentially 20 different titles for someone who is good with axes.

• Like 5

Legendary Titles for Epic is more like it.

Large Axe | 50 Beserker | 70 Raider | 90 Beholder of Doom | 100 Destined Destroyer

Longsword | 50 Knight  |  70 Defender  |  90 Guardian of the Realm  |  100 Defender of Justice

I'll put more ideas up later heheh xD but that's a start. I like unique titles so any empty spaces should be filled so I have goals lol

Half of those are already Titles for other skills tho...........

too generic, change to Reaper of Souls xP works better

But again, that title would be more suited to "exorcism 90" than scythe (a farming tool...)

How about for Papyrus making something like

50 Papermaker

70 Paper machine

90 Paper factory

100 Paperman / Paperwoman

• Like 1

question, do the first ones to 100 in the un named titles get to pick it or is that going out with this post?

i heard some people got to pick the 100 title who got there first

Mind Logic:  

50 - The Abacus

70 - Chessmaster

90 - HAL-9000

100 Masonry:  Grand Mason

100 Animal Husbandry - Zoologist

100 Smithing - The God Hand

100 Swords - Iron Whirlwind

Two Handed Sword:

50 - Cleaver

70 - Sunderer

90 - Guillotine

100 - The Wall-Blade

more as I think of them :P

I agree with some of the others, let's not kill immersion with modern day pop references. 

Out of all the titles, the most valuable one for me personally would be reaching 100.0 skill points in any given skill and getting a title for it. I loved the system they had in Ultima Online. You became a "Grand Master Tamer", or "Grand Master Healer" or "Grand Master Mage" etc. Everyone knew right from the get-go - that from the "Grand Master" opening of the title, this person had reached (what used to be) the highest possible skill. I don't care what that prefix may be, be it Legendary or something else, as long as every title for reaching 100.0 is consistent. Since we can't expect people to know by heart all of the random titles out there. If I see someone with the title "Hooked on Fishing" - well that doesn't tell me much does it. They like to fish. So what - don't we all? But if they were a "Grand Master Fisherman", now -that- is something I'd bow down to, gasp at, admire! :)

On the second point I agree.

On the first - as long as it's not a short-lived reference, I think it's ok.  Something that is derived from a meme should not be used, but something from a movie or novel that everyone and their mother has seen may be ok (movies at least 10 years old and proven).

• Like 1

100 Digging - Lunatic Digger

I will be probably the first one to get it ;)

You do realize that 100 digging was already obtained years ago... by a few people.

• Like 1

Clubs - 50 Thumper, 70 Basher, 90 Smasher
Pole Arms - 50 Hoplite, 70 Phalanx,  90 Impaler (Probably better for just spears)

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 4

Mind Logic:  

50 - The Abacus

70 - Chessmaster

90 - HAL-9000

100 Spock? lol

• Like 4

btw there's a few typos on that sheet guys "transutator" "enlighened"

My argument:

One of the best most interesting emergent aspects of the game is the dynamic horse naming system.  Players actually root for interesting horse names, and no two horse names end up being the same.  A cool idea would be to have player titles use the same system so that no two player titles are ever exactly the same.  In my gaming experience, I always thought it very boring when 50 players are running around with the exact same name for a popular game title.  Dynamic titles are more in line with the Lore experience that Wurm provides so well.  

My idea:

You could append a random adjective/noun name system to a static second title.

For example, looking at Faith Title progression, you have Padre (50), then Devout (70), then Enlightened (90)

At (50), you might see titles like Soul Padre, Dark Padre, Rock Padre, Red Padre

At (70), you might see titles like Bizarre Devout, Lunatic Devout, Eager Devout, Wise Devout

The random bit to the title name system would create a very unique environment when one meets the wandering player with a cool title..knowing that you are the only person with a certain title name would be great.  

You all know this is the right answer and fits the deity game aspect of Wurm very well.  In Lore terms for reaching (50) Carpentry, you would see a message,..

the gods notice your infamy in Fine Carpentry. They bestow you with the title of Blessed Carver.

or

the gods notice your infamy in Fine Carpentry. They bestow you with the title of Desperate Carver.

This could be so much fun, for very little code investment!

Edited by cairmor
  • Like 1

you should keep the pop-culture titles because they are some of the best titles in wurm, like

Gepetto

Michelangelo

Hangman

Tim the Toolman

Iron chef

Tank Girl

Schwarzenegger

how can you not love these titles

+1 to keeping tim the tool man. Just got this title and like it the most.

also 90 in shield skill should be "Spartan"

Edited by Morrowen
  • Like 5

The Nature superskill deserves a new title for 50 skill. "Gardener" does not seem appropriate since there is an actual Gardening skill.

• Like 3

well this is as far as i got tonight, some of its the suggestions you guys posted that i liked, some of it is funny stuff, and some serious suggestions on changes and additions, probably some of its not in the right order yet, and some of it isn't even necessary, just wanted to put it together n maybe get more brains rollin :)

4JVsa0Y.jpg

• Like 7