Sign in to follow this  
lithi

Personal "chores"

Don't we all get those times that when you just feel like there is nothing to do, or that you have done something too much and need some change? Not all obviously, but I figure some of us might.

Thus, I (carefully) suggest that we add a "chore" -list or a system. Each Wurm day, players are generated a list of chores that you can work around your own village / home, which could be anything from hunting a mountain lion, to mining and smelting a few lumps of a specific ore, to farming some wemp for rope making. Something small and simple, to rich up the wurmian lives.

Every player gets a different list.

Resetting every Wurm morning, maybe on sunrise?

On the rewarding side, I didn't really think of anything, not sure if there even needs to be anything.

I'd love to have some decent conversation, throw some ideas back and forth.

• Like 1

actually something like this for your village would be great if you controlled the workflow and what went on the list

• Like 2

actually something like this for your village would be great if you controlled the workflow and what went on the list

I believe that can already be achieved by just talking to the people.

Although, I would indeed suggest a "to-do-list" feature to villages, like a "text board" or something, that you could list materials and how much of each, and maybe what is each used for. And then the amount of materials to go, would go down as you dump the stuff inside containers / bins in your town, inside the village area (not perimeter). 

Edited by lithi

Try and not do one thing for too long.

I find building palisades super boring, so I made 2-3 per day instead of all at once. Sure it takes a few days, but you're also getting other things done. I try and do a little bit of 3-4 things each day and it is really helping break up any monotony.

Sounds to me like what you're asking for is a daily personal-goals list. While I think daily would be too often, I'd love to see a weekly, or monthly one, or even all your personal goals cycle semi-regularly.

+1 to a rotating personal goals list

-1 to it changing every day.

Sounds to me like what you're asking for is a daily personal-goals list. While I think daily would be too often, I'd love to see a weekly, or monthly one, or even all your personal goals cycle semi-regularly.

+1 to a rotating personal goals list

-1 to it changing every day.

Okay yeah, might be right, the 3 hour cycle would be a little to often, but I based in on few quick actions. Of course with a longer period the goals would be bigger / harder. But, generally yeah, a some what "daily goal" kinda thing.

• Like 1

Already when I log in things around the deed look like a lot of chores to me... :huh:

I would say simply from the brokenness of the other two existing systems like this that already exist in game (personal goals, missions): -1.

Make missions more relevant on Freedom, and honestly, fix them. I would much rather have intelligent, meaningful, and sensibly completable missions that encouraged some cooperation between players than a personal, randomized to-do list.

Edited by Marshlander
  • Like 1

Make some paper, some dye and a pen.  Put a coffin in front of each villager's house and just have someone drop in work notes.   Don't see a reason to make extra code in the game for a minor feature that can be handled in game currently.

LOL! as many times as people QQ'd about having todo chores on the forums...

I think a buildable bulletin board for a town would be kind of nice to have as a resource for those in a town not knowing what to do who may not be in the same time zone, etc.

• Like 1

I think a buildable bulletin board for a town would be kind of nice to have as a resource for those in a town not knowing what to do who may not be in the same time zone, etc.

This deserves it's own post.

• Like 1

-1. There are enough chores as it is, in particular for those who make it a chore for them. I don't miss any additional "chores list". Definely -1.

This does kinda already exist, it's twitter, you can add in twitter feeds and what not, but still, this would be amazing.

People have suggested these types of things before. I think the threads for it went fairly well.

As for the idea in this thread;

I'd never use such a thing..... so long as it does not get in the way of my daily activities +1

Edited by AlexLong

Sounds more like something someone could make as a 3rd party app or even incorporated into Wurm Assistant.

There are the deity missions and also the list of personal achievements you can try and complete.

Implement a daily quest system to help those bored with the game, in a week they are bored with it ...

Implement a daily quest system to help those bored with the game, in a week they are bored with it ...

Aha, but then you can implement weekly quest systems!

Just throwing this out there in the mix.
But I think the current quest system is a bit boring. It could be spiced up a bit and have a more interacting interface. I don't know if it would work with PvP but it would def be good for PvE

+1 for rotating personal goals list. -1 for daily 'chores'.

I could see instead of ""chores"" like mini personal goals - like 5 things a day that give small amounts of karma - from hunting to praying just something small that maybe gets a person to do something different that day +1