Sign in to follow this  
Vux

Can't connect to the server / Slow website

All right, so randomly the game started to lag, when I right clicked something it would take up to 10 seconds to show the menu, then I ran into a spider and the game ended up disconnecting. I tried to relaunch but i kept getting the failed to verify, I tried going to the website, it wouldn't load.

I went on IRC and asked if anyone else was having the issue, some people were but a lot of people were still fine in game..

I've reset my router, disabled my firewall, turned off my antivirus and restarted my computer, I've done everything I can think of. I've managed to download the launcher file, as the website loaded after about 15 minutes, but I'm sitting on "Connecting to server..."

-- I'm alive, ignore that rant part.

edit: I'm from Canada and someone else from Canada said he had the same issue and used a VPN and it worked.

edit2: When I ping the server I get 2 responses, but then it times out.

Edited by Vux

having the same issue im from canada as well

Computer Specs

Intel® Core™ i7-4960X Extreme Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.3GHz w/TurboBoost)

Windows 7 Ultimate, 64Bit, English
32GB Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
512GB SSD 6Gb/s MAIN + 1TB 7200RPM Storage
Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 graphics with 6GB total (2x 3GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled

Internet Specs

250 Mbps download speed

15 Mbps upload speed

Edited by antonslavick

Same issues from Canada here as well and a few others I know. Using a VPN makes it work

same issues here, i am in canada. was going home to deed towing two 5 speeds , bet i am gonna lose them hopefully GM's will help

This is complete BS, anyone else besides canadians effected by this?

Edited by Shagsdeval

Canada here as well same issue reseted the modem restarded pc game is slow can not get the game working either...we were sailing and we lagged then it came fine then we disconnected can't get back

Even when using a VPN, I'm occasionally getting, "Unable to launch the application" and prolonged "Connecting to the server"

I'm in Canada.

Now I disconnected, and I'm unable to connect at all.

Edited by Dairuka

Same sort of issue. I was mining, lag hit and disconnected. Haven't been able to log back in. Sometimes the application fails to launch, sometimes it launched and the host closes the connection and sometimes the established connected was aborted by the software in your host machine.

I'm in Japan.

I can log in using a VPN... Canada and Japan.. seems a strange grouping..

Edited by Dravos

All us Canadians out there, I'm in Ontario and my internet is acting really slow an lagging too.

I was building walls with my friends, and I suddenly had a terrible lag spike.. I'm from the Philippines tho.. but I believe it's wurm and not my connection, since i can surf the Internet and load videos pretty fast.. Tried to ping the server and it just says "Request time out" for me..

same issue for me, from australia myself and of course i had to be off deed with my horse lol

Edited by Malicarth

This new host clearly has some peering issues..... Can't really blame wurm for this one though, the host in question makes it sound like they have awesome peering on their network page.... Lol

Also from Canada.  unable to connect. fails over and over. Updated java, reset router, reset pc.  :(  When I finally get the application to launch I get stuck in a loading screen

i hope the GMs will help me get my horse back if it goes missing, going to be really ticked off if they dont this whole issue with the servers is just starting to get really pathetic