Sign in to follow this  
lithi

WWE discussion

WWE  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Have you watched or are you watching WWE?

• Yes, regularly
    • Yes, sometimes
    • Yes, I watch the main events / bigger events
    • No
    • Something else, I might define in comments

So how of then, if at all do you watch it? Any of the shows involved with the company. 

Personally I watch it sometimes, if there's an interesting storyline going. And see some of the bigger events, such as wrestlemania.

[18:04:53] <Damine> wow someone actualy watches that i guess i was wrong

Edited by lithi

I watched WWF when i was younger. At some point I realized it was just a soap opera, and stopped watching. I can't remember exactly when haha

it is a modern day greek drama complete with heroes villians, betrayal, love, all for the sake of the crowd.

However, I do not watch such things these days.

Oh people please, stop being so negative towards it.  :D

It's not a surprise to anyone that it's acted out, it still has a bunch of hilarious and truly entertaining stuff to it.  :)

I watched that back in the time when I was around 13, it was considered as cool.

Now I am trying to avoid such shows :P

I would rather watch grass grow on Youtube.

Do they have that on YouTube?

But personally I don't like it, even if it was real... Not my type of thing ;)

Do they have that on YouTube?

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjAptSYCZP8

I used to watch bamboo grass grow in realtime on YouTube but I lost the link :(

• Like 1

I used to watch bamboo grass grow in realtime on YouTube but I lost the link :(

Now this is true family entertainment people. This is how you should raise your children - not this new crap on television!

Approved by Druid!

• Like 1

Acted out ??? WWE is not fake lol. Those guys are professional athletes that could easily compete in the olympics. Brock Lesnar was the UFC Champion and came to the WWE cause there was no worthy competition for him there, Kurt Angle was a Gold Medalist in the Olympics and did the same. There are many other examples that even abandoned wealth to be superstars, take Alberto del Rio for example, he's some distant son of the King of Mexico and left the luxury of the Palace for superstar life.

Edited by Issle

I was really into the character drama and story when I was a kid. It's like a drama soap but with violence, so kinda perfect for boys.

• Like 1

Acted out ??? WWE is not fake lol. Those guys are professional athletes that could easily compete in the olympics. Brock Lesnar was the UFC Champion and came to the WWE cause there was no worthy competition for him there, Kurt Angle was a Gold Medalist in the Olympics and did the same. There are many other examples that even abandoned wealth to be superstars, take Alberto del Rio for example, he's some distant son of the King of Mexico and left the luxury of the Palace for superstar life.

To correct you, lesner was in wwe first, left FOR UFC ( a real fighting competition) and did win a championship, which he then lost, and failed to reclaim, lost another fight and then later went back to WWE. Afaik Kurt angle is in wresting for the showbiz aspect. As that Mexican prince may also be. If angle wanted competition he would have continued with real competitions, not sideshows.

Those people are fit, most are bodybuilders playing a role, but they aren't world class super humans who could easily beat serious athletes in other sports in competitions outside of those staged ridiculous fights.

Sure, it is dangerous and they can be hurt, but it isn't 'real' as you claim

Don't insult the Olympics by saying all those wrestlers are athletes skilled enough to compete.

Edited by Xor

Brock Lesnar was the UFC Champion and came to the WWE cause there was no worthy competition for him there

No offense but your Sir you are completely delusional...   Brock Lesnar lost his first UFC fight then fought again against the same guy later on and won the tile.  He defended it once then Cain Velasquez destroyed Brock Lesnar, made him look like a ######.  Brock Lesnar then was out for a while due to his illness and came back to fight Alistar Overeem which beat him in the first round with a knee in the stomach.  After that he retired from UFC because his condition was not letting him fight at his best.

Please dont make comments or quote from what you know nothing about.

Edited by Puertorro

I think Brock was only ever a promotional puppet for the UFC, introduced at a time in it's evolution that was mildly beneficial to the sport.

Let's face it, he could not take a punch (always looked timid and very anti pain), Could not throw one and always got by on his brute, animal strength, which only took him so far.

WWE ....hmm, used to liken it to a "B" grade movie, so bad it was good .How wrong I was. It's just so "BAD"!

Comparing the fake sport to greek drama is not right, I would compare wrestling to shows like Maury or Jerry Springer.

PS: just to make clear, I have nothing personal agains wrestlers, or people who like that entretainment, but its a show, its like saying that Jackie Chan is the best fighter in the world, he is not.

Edited by Rathgar

Comparing the fake sport to greek drama is not right, I would compare wrestling to shows like Maury or Jerry Springer.

PS: just to make clear, I have nothing personal agains wrestlers, or people who like that entretainment, but its a show, its like saying that Jackie Chan is the best fighter in the world, he is not.

Obviously because Chuck Norris is.

(Had to...)

• Like 1

Ahm Jackie Chan is a black belt in Kung Fu why isnt he a world class fighter ?

My uncle has a black belt in Karate, does that make him as good as Jackie Chan?

:rolleyes:

You vs him, video please. ;)

That settles it then, from now on your uncle is the worlds best fighter.  Now its only a matter of time untill he starts working at the WWE

To put this mildly and to the point, which most haters are avoiding, the athletes who partake in WWE wrestling choose to do so because it combines a set of interests and skills they have.

1. They are athletic, they love sporting events and exercise and overall exersion

2. They are actors, they love playing a role and pleasing a crowd

This doesn't make them bad or stupid, it just makes them something "different."  Most actors enjoy working in television shows, movies, and plays.  Most athletes enjoy working with a sports team, in the gym, and on the field.  WWE Professional Wrestlers enjoy doing both, simple as that.  Sure the story lines are faked (real feuds do take place from time to time), but that doesn't make them any less professional than a standard actor, or standard athlete.  Many actors and athletes actually enjoy watching and being part of the WWE experience, whether its being part of a skit or in the audience.  Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather have both been part of feuds on WWE, much to their own personal enjoyment.  An interview with Mike Tyson shows that he didn't realize how dangerous it can actually be in a wrestling ring performing stunts or trying to please an uneasy crowd.  Chris O'Donnel and LL Cool J also had an interview after they had attended an episode of Monday Night Raw and they absolutely loved it.  There have been many many more actors and even MORE athletes (some times whole offensive lines of a football team) who have attended WWE events or been part of skits, but those are just a few from memory.

Overall point is; if you don't watch wrestling, that's perfectly fine, I myself don't watch it anymore.  With that being said, however, that doesn't make the wrestlers any less athletes just because it's dramatized and just because some people don't like it.  I've had a few favorite wrestlers die over the years due to the strain on their bodies or the injuries they compound over time, so don't for a moment ever think they don't put a lot on the line.  They enjoy doing what they love, just like many of you do, so try not to hate so hard.  Take a moment to respect their choices and the hard work they put in, mostly because they love the sound of happy fans.

Edited by Slickshot