Sign in to follow this  
Geddingwood

Dissatisfaction with Update [sorry :(]

I dont know where I saw it. But I know I started training FC for that reason a week before the update. So definitelly I saw it somewhere around here.

on Epic, and don't say "OH ITS easy." I went from around 30 FC to 40 in under 4 hours, half of it without sleep bonus.

Trust me. FC isn't hard, grab some rope tools, get imping.

Part of the fun of the game is the discovery. I would hate for everything to be all planned out and listed.

If you personally want to know every single little detail, go on the test server, or read every post that you "don't have the time" to read. You are the one who has to make the effort to learn what you can because you are interested. You have to put in some effort. Don't have the time for anything? Why are you playing Wurm. This is a game where time = money. The more time you invest, the more you get out of it. 

Part of the fun of the game is the discovery. I would hate for everything to be all planned out and listed.

If you personally want to know every single little detail, go on the test server, or read every post that you "don't have the time" to read. You are the one who has to make the effort to learn what you can because you are interested. You have to put in some effort. Don't have the time for anything? Why are you playing Wurm. This is a game where time = money. The more time you invest, the more you get out of it. 

I don't think I have ever seen a post so chocked full of hypocrisy as this one.

Edited by JamesR

I don't think I have ever seen a post so chocked full of hypocrisy as this one.

What's the hyprocrisy?   As I posted before devs have never given out full disclosure on anything, why should they start now.   I agree figuring things out are a part of the game.  I don't want the devs telling my every specific thing about things and thus the exact path everyone should take.    But, then again until recently I had refused to use skiller tools because I make stuff to produce not to grind skill.   

Its funny how some people can't excise there right to not look. Per these folks views everyone basically has to be forced to play per their perspectives. 

If I had my way.....there would be instruction manuals!

Anyway, its a waste of time to try and change things. Focus on things which you have the power change.

Er, he is just voicing his opinion, relax!

For the record, there is no mention of any special requirments in the 'marketing' post here:-  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/95555-countdown-to-12-full-list-of-features/

That was just a post listing the features on the 1.2 patch. The details about wagons had been released months ago.

Just because it's been mentioned in the forums previously is no excuse not to include it in the official post. Some people don't have the time to track back changes through every dev that's posted about it to find out what's happened

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/92108-news-update-work-and-progress-week-49/

Just because you didn't read it doesn't mean they didn't have one. Thats about as public and official as you get.

You are letting facts get in their way Solmark. Why require the Dev team to actually document properly, when they can rely on the witless masses and trolls in these forums to half ass their job?

Imagine the nerve of these players asking for information, instead of sifting through the endless detritus that is the forums.

It was documented, read above. Just because you can't bother to stay informed, don't pin it in lack of information.

Was this info about 40FC needed for Wagons in the big shiny "Countdown to 1.2, Full List of Features" post?

Nope. That's where is should have been. That's where it could have been, but the opportunity to inform the Players was lost. In that post should have been the minimum skills required for all the new content, right all with the pics and great descriptions.

As far as this announcement... where? I lurk on the forums frequently and I didn't see it.

It shouldn't have been there because it had been released months prior, and unless you've been in a coma, you should have know about it.

Its funny how some people can't excise there right to not look. Per these folks views everyone basically has to be forced to play per their perspectives. 

If I had my way.....there would be instruction manuals!

Anyway, its a waste of time to try and change things. Focus on things which you have the power change.

You can not look, just don't ###### about it later.

If you don't read a manual, and screw up the device, that voids its warranty. This is the same stuff, they chose not to be informed, ok, that's there perrogative. Now own up to that, and deal with it.

Wurm has tons of obscure data, and lots of faults, but on this case you're barking at the wrong tree...

Hey you could be saying this about the level stuff that they say is broken, say its a bannable offense to exploit but no one has bothered describing what is the expected behaviour. There has been the problem with farm changes, there's te fact that no one still really knows what most rares do, there's a ton of lack of information,

But you chose the ONLY freaking thing that was actually DOCUMENTED MONTHS BEFORE the realease.

I mean seriously?

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

Nothing but a lot of hot air there Kane. Quit postering and post a ###### link already instead of just puking out the same old line about how is was DOCUMENTED MONTHS BEFORE.

Documented by who? Where? When? All that would be pertinent information to jsut about anyone who disagrees with you at this point. That way you can easily shut us all up in the future, and let everyone else know where to look for this stuff then as well. You know, kill two birds with one stone, instead of sounding like a condescending jerkoff.

Nothing but a lot of hot air there Kane. Quit postering and post a ###### link already instead of just puking out the same old line about how is was DOCUMENTED MONTHS BEFORE.

Documented by who? Where? When? All that would be pertinent information to jsut about anyone who disagrees with you at this point. That way you can easily shut us all up in the future, and let everyone else know where to look for this stuff then as well. You know, kill two birds with one stone, instead of sounding like a condescending jerkoff.

Did you even open the link? Let me share since you're struggling.

Wagon

So this weeks surprise is this fancy wagon, which is already quite far in development and testing.

It will have some real advantages in the game so after the images there is some further information.

Any animals that were previously "hitch able" is being tested for compatibility and willingness to cooperate.

• You can hitch up to 4 bison, horses, cows or bulls at the same time but no less then 2, or it will be to heavy.
  • The color of the cloth is determined by the kingdom you are from.
  • The skill level needed to create these wagons is set to 40 fine carpentry. <----------------------
  • With 4 creatures hitched it is the fastest of all the carts currently in the game.
  • Has the highest maximum load capacity of the current carts

By the way. The post is over 3 months old :) early enough for ya?

Edited by alaskanbob
  • Like 4

Nice Bob. Everyone and their mums knew it was 40 fc right? 

Seems like the usual negativity after a good update, there's no pleasing some people. 

• Like 1

yall need to check the fourms more often, i was grindin fc after the update due to i didnt get to 40 yet, did i complain now, Did i cry when it took me 4 hours to make my wagon, Nope, I then made 9 large crated and went into factory mode after making it.  yall need to learn to read and follow devs post, cuz if ya did, u wouldnt be complaining rite now, as ya had 3 months in advance to complain and ya didnt, because ya didnt read. But i loved this update, best one in wurm to date in my opinion and the toughness of the new stuff, makes leveling worth it, because u gotta get those highers level to get new things, personally devs are on the rite track with this  as those who grinded skill up high will finally have content to create tougher stuff, its a nice perk for all that effort ya put into  grinding. So while a few of ya cry cuz u didnt read, the rest of us are gonna continue smiling and chating about a update that not only went rite and didnt have but a few minor issues, but is one most of us love XD. :-)

I agree with the OP that wogic at times can be annoying i.e. can make a 6 story house but cant make a box. But with regards to knowing the skill requirements I don't agree that info is never given out. It may not always be documented right infront of our noses, but there are ways to find these things out. Hell.. I found out by asking in-game and all I said was 'Guys, will there be a skill requirement for the new stuff?' and that was more than a week before the update.

The devs posted the skills needed, and everyone knew it.  And if you were somehow not aware of it, the items were on test server for a very long time before they came to live.  You could have tested out making any of them over there on the test server....

• Like 1

There was a great deal of fore-warning. It was enough warning that everybody had more than enough time to get their Fine Carpentry skills in order before the Wagons and their add-ons came out in full force.

Crates aren't the end-all, be-all answer to large scale projects due to some massive limitations. (You can't Container -> Container transfer more than what you can carry, similar to a BSB, the distance to access a Crate is as small as a sailing boat.)

Wagons also require a lot of animals to get it moving faster than molasses.

They're clearly meant to be end-game material, predominantly focused around large scale deliveries for bulk supplies. You may actually find it preferable to continue to use large carts and rafts for smaller projects due to their ease of accessibility, and leniency in container -> container transferring.

Edited by Dairuka

Yeah, as some other have pointed out, the new stuff isn't really required but more of a "nice to have".

I too was a bit confused why the req. were so high, but then I came to the conclusion that it was similar to boats.  The Knarr is a very nice ship to transport things, but I did just fine w/ a Corbita before I had the skills for the Knarr. 

If there were no other options to transport goods, and they removed rafts or something, you'd have a valid complaint.  But because you can't use the best available items yet isn't a reason why it's bad.  It's a step above a large cart with rafts, thus it should take more skills to make it. 

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 27, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 27, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

I have always been puzzled, why americans needs in manual for microwave sentences like "Do not dry your cat in microwave." If it is laziness to use own brain, or by eating too much fast food they lost common sense. Seems higher society is leading masses as sheeps, so not using brain is welcome trait?

What is worse I can see this disease is spreading to other parts of world. In europe it is clearly visible on younger population. But it is offtopic...

What I want to say. On first view it was clear, that some new things in update 1.2 will be quite overpower compared to old things in wurm. With just bit use of common sense it was clear that these things will need higher skills. All smarter wurmians had enough time to find and check it somewhere, on forum, chat, test server or other sources. And quizzical sheeps had enough time to ask their shepherds. Well, less quizzical sheeps just swallowed grass. Need we say more?

• Like 2

I wouldn't even say it's a step above carts and rafts.  Crates and rafts simply offer two different options for the way you store bulk goods, for some they'll continue to use rafts, other will use crates, and yet others will use both as they feel is appropriate.  In a game like Wurm, viable options are a good thing, and both of these tools are viable and useful.

• Like 2

I wouldn't even say it's a step above carts and rafts.  Crates and rafts simply offer two different options for the way you store bulk goods, for some they'll continue to use rafts, other will use crates, and yet others will use both as they feel is appropriate.  In a game like Wurm, viable options are a good thing, and both of these tools are viable and useful.

This.

I think it's sad that everything that gives a little bit of a challenge or serves as a tiny bit of fun for players who have a bit higher skill is deemed "unfair" and "too difficult". Far too many things have already been dumbed down (if you excuse the expression) in order to try to cater to low-skilled players. You have to remember that some players who've played the game for a fair bit longer than you have would like a challenge every now and then as well.

It's not fair to higher-skilled players to deem everything that serves as perks for having grinded a skill as "unfair". There are already very few perks for keeping at it apart from the titles, while many skills offer some sort of unlocking or threshold somewhere between 20 and 30 skill.

To avoid any "boo just because you can it doesn't make it okay": Can I build a wagon? Heck no, I'm not very fond of carpentry. So what would I do if I would want to acquire one? Grind fine carpentry, buy one or ask a friend to help me out.

• Like 3

I mostly agree with original post. It would be nice when something specifically is mentioned as new addition to the game that some documentation is given. The wagon was good, stated 40fc was needed to construct, but was mentioned 30 mc is needed to control (think it is really 23?). However though large crate was noted to take 60 carp, no note on small crate, and no mention of 23bs to pick it up/ load it to a cart. I had a crate sitting on the ground for three days while I mined a few dozen tiles to get the strength. I lol a few obscenities in local. this is much a sandbox game, a public sandbox at a park. dig at own risk, there is cat crap or a new toy, squeeze to find out!

All the requirements were made available via the test server, in addition to the requirements being mentioned by other players in-game, and I believe on the forums for some of the items. As for the 'difficulty' of constructing these items, getting from 1-40 fine carp is doable in a few nights (it took me 2 on epic), and reducing requirements of everything to noobish levels takes away goals to strive for.

Edited by Arronicus

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 27, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 27, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

I have always been puzzled, why americans needs in manual for microwave sentences like "Do not dry your cat in microwave." If it is laziness to use own brain, or by eating too much fast food they lost common sense. Seems higher society is leading masses as sheeps, so not using brain is welcome trait?

What is worse I can see this disease is spreading to other parts of world. In europe it is clearly visible on younger population. But it is offtopic...

Where on Earth did this come from? Only one poster disagreeing with the requirements is listed as someone from the United States.

I'd stereotype the people from the Czech Republic as a bunch of bigots, but I know that'd be wrong since my current sample size of 1 (you) is not large enough to make that conclusion valid.

~~~~~

On topic, I'd have to say the information was out there and readily available.   If you feel cheated that you lack the required skills to access them, then level your skills.  As others have said, it's not that (in the general scope of the game) to be able to craft those new items.