Sign in to follow this  
arlran

Loading creatures onto boats as passengers

Hello,

I would like to request a feature to be able to load any tamed/dominated creature onto ships - either as a cargo item (animals kept below deck) or as passengers. I don't mind if the big ones take up two passenger slots - I just would really like to be able to transport non swimming animals and the ability to sell creatures to other servers. 

It seems broken to me that I can never have a hell horse for example because I live on an island...

Thank you!

• Like 2

I believe this has been suggested a couple of times before, I don't see why they haven't implemented it - it is a good idea.

By the way, you don't have to worry about the island, bridges will be your salvation.

+1

I want my bison riding Shotgun!

Edited by Kruggan

Well it's been suggested many times.  I believe the main issue is having animals cross server borders as such unless Rolf changes his mind, it will never happen.  Bridges and land bridges are feasible almost everywhere even if they require a lot of work.   Bring over a breeding pair then dredge up the landbridge.

creatures to other servers. 

I think this is the primary problem here. Creatures on different servers share the same creature ID's, so you'd have a conflict in the game, and bad things would happen. 

Personally, I think it'd be great if we could bring animals between islands, but if you try to cross servers with them, it should just auto-slay all animals in your boat.

• Like 1

Well it's been suggested many times.  I believe the main issue is having animals cross server borders as such unless Rolf changes his mind, it will never happen.  Bridges and land bridges are feasible almost everywhere even if they require a lot of work.   Bring over a breeding pair then dredge up the landbridge.

I don't want a bridge pointing straight to our island...

Breeding isn't really the issue... I'm talking about mounts primarily. Currently non-swimming mounts are not a viable option for island dwellers as they would be stuck on either the island or mainland.

I think this is the primary problem here. Creatures on different servers share the same creature ID's, so you'd have a conflict in the game, and bad things would happen. 

Personally, I think it'd be great if we could bring animals between islands, but if you try to cross servers with them, it should just auto-slay all animals in your boat.

If that is a concession Rolf would be willing to make, I would be ok with it. Bringing animals to other servers is a secondary hope of mine. I really just want to be able to have whatever mount I want and be able to bring it anywhere on my server...

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure why it's a big deal to give every animal in the game a unique id regardless of server... The servers are fully capable of passing information between each other. Ex: Global Kingdom chat...

Edited by arlran

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure why it's a big deal to give every animal in the game a unique id regardless of server... The servers are fully capable of passing information between each other. Ex: Global Kingdom chat...

I get the feeling it's a matter of memory and code. I can't say for sure, but as it is now, Horse # 4516 exists on Serenity simultaneously as Horse # 4516 on Exodus, Chaos, and Release. So to bring 4516 from Exodus to Release would be bad. But yes, if they just assigned them all truly unique codes, that would fix that problem, I imagine.... Just the names might be the same?

I think the next issue besides ID's would be the over population of a server will penned animals, and other servers with mega spawn rates because all the animals are being shipped off server, so a balance issue on that part.

+1 once the id thing is resolved.

I think the rate of animals being moved across servers probably will not matter much. Also disease and ratio could always be adjusted to give more wiggle room. Perhaps carefor removed even.

Being able to "ship" animals would bring in more economy transactions also.  I know there are some places I'd love to have bison or bulls for hills, but they are too remote (islands) for me to get them there in a reasonable fashion.  I'd also rather see them take up a cargo slot like a raft or crate rather than a passenger slot as they would be more like cargo than passengers.

+1 just make it so that if you do try and cross a server border that "the aged horse dies on the long journey" or something 

I believe we should have a creature transport ship of some sort.  and I also think that this would help stabilize economies across different servers.