Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Champion points for conquering

really like nathans idea, but for now 2-5x decrease should be fine

Edited by Sklo:D

So is the new update the "change to the system? Because from what i can see here Rolfs gone against EVERYTHING everyone has said. Its clear to me the point system needs to be chucked out the window, and the life system back in. 

3 deaths, 3 champs per kingdom, you lose 1 stat when you dechamp, SIMPLE.

• Like 2

I don't understand why pvp has to be so important. I've read champions are a way to encourage players to killl each other. But as I see it, pvp is a BONUS to these servers, but it should not be hte single identifying feature. What happens when you make pvp the defining feature is you inevitably starve the server of population unless you either make pvp fair or you have safe areas that allow players to play as long as they want without pvp.

I also think the distances involve that separate players work to strengthen the population, not weaken it. The problem is you all speak from the perspective of pvpers, but I speak from the perspective of someone who's play on a lot of pvp servers. Pvp servers are usually weak in population because they choose not to control it by using safe areas or enforcing fairness. The most popular pvp in MMORPGs is the optional kind or the battlegrounds kind - it's instanced and controlled. Because of the large maps and deeds and towers and the nature of Wurm (not a pvp game at heart), it acts as a controlling mechanism on pvp, thus better buffering the non-pvp population on pvp servers.

Yes, I always try to play on pvp servers in games, but I myself am not a active pvper. I play on Chaos.

My suggestions is... don't artifically try to encourage us to pvp. It's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Edited by Lightonfoot

I don't understand why pvp has to be so important. I've read champions are a way to encourage players to killl each other. 

For me and my colleagues it is PvP game....  PvP is main goal , that's why you grind your stats, that's why you build your strongholds...

If you don't like it play PvE Freedom simple. Nobody force you there is always choice.

• Like 4

I agree with vill, there's a reason elevation has enemy kingdoms all over and is called a pvp server. 

JK is just trying to make changes to there advantages, dont listen to them. -.-

• Like 2

I don't understand why pvp has to be so important. I've read champions are a way to encourage players to killl each other. But as I see it, pvp is a BONUS to these servers, but it should not be hte single identifying feature. What happens when you make pvp the defining feature is you inevitably starve the server of population unless you either make pvp fair or you have safe areas that allow players to play as long as they want without pvp.

I also think the distances involve that separate players work to strengthen the population, not weaken it. The problem is you all speak from the perspective of pvpers, but I speak from the perspective of someone who's play on a lot of pvp servers. Pvp servers are usually weak in population because they choose not to control it by using safe areas or enforcing fairness. The most popular pvp in MMORPGs is the optional kind or the battlegrounds kind - it's instanced and controlled. Because of the large maps and deeds and towers and the nature of Wurm (not a pvp game at heart), it acts as a controlling mechanism on pvp, thus better buffering the non-pvp population on pvp servers.

Yes, I always try to play on pvp servers in games, but I myself am not a active pvper. I play on Chaos.

My suggestions is... don't artifically try to encourage us to pvp. It's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Wurm is a sandbox in a persistent universe, if you don't like it wow/gildwars2 ar great choices for you.

If you are afraid of pvp, play on a homeserver, freedom or stay at deed, where champs won't bother you.

• Like 1

So.... are we gunna get a new system? Or have you doomed all current champs to lose stats?

who is doomed?  we have 5 new champs on Epic after this changes....

Edited by vill

who is doomed?  we have 5 new champs on Epic after this changes....

the changes almost favor no one, they make it too easy on epic, and a bit too hard on chaos 

champion is not a expanted to sims, this is part of the pvp system !

champion must kill players !

Edited by Teosen

Just raided a JK war deed to find the guards have been lowered from something like 25 to 4 to prevent champ point gain.

Why isnt there a new system? I love how Rolf swoops in, changes it so its completely nonsustainable, messes up the current champs and then does NOTHING.

bump?

You forget to mention that the champ that was present gained 2 champ points

Edit: from pvping

Edited by Postinglels

That deed never had 25 guards lol

Red don't complain and enjoy the game!

• Like 1

That deed never had 25 guards lol

Red don't complain and enjoy the game!

It did, back when we drained like 2g out of the thing it had 25+ guards, possibly 30.

Just raided a JK war deed to find the guards have been lowered from something like 25 to 4 to prevent champ point gain.

Why isnt there a new system? I love how Rolf swoops in, changes it so its completely nonsustainable, messes up the current champs and then does NOTHING.

bump?

Implying MR has not done the same.

It did, back when we drained like 2g out of the thing it had 25+ guards, possibly 30.

Assuming that it is true, you complain as well?

Assuming that it is true, you complain as well?

Its not a complaint its a statement.

If the devs need to check it, so be it.   Don't even begin to try to play games about this, from the very start the change had a loophole, just like the one involving champ points and towers.  All you guys need to do is sit on your butts behind your walls and wait for the champs to expire. 

What irks me is why Rolf won't just come out and eliminaite the point system instead of this insulting tweak that pretty much makes it up to your enemies if you want to stay champ, which is completely bogus.  

Enemies aren't going to fight champs unless they have their own or a large group, and given them ANY say in the matter of champ points defeats the whole point of having a champ point system, because they will do anything to keep them from getting points.  

The developers are so distanced from their own game and anything approaching reality, that they make arbitrary changes based on lies they are told.    There is no other way of putting it, anyone who would have told Rolf that the best way to "fix" champ points because enemies wouldn't cap towers was to remove champ points from capping towers can mean only one thing. He was misled and had no idea what it would actually do.  

The only other theory was that Rolf thought that it might be better to de-champ ppl but didn't want to actually come out and do it because it would have caused a massive backlash from players.    I don't buy that one, I just think the man doesn't play the game enough to understand what people tell him.   

Everyone who is currently playing as a champ is getting screwed, and its not their fault its the developers all the way for being so disconnected from their game not to see it.   

Edited by Battlepaw

The developers are so distanced from their own game and anything approaching reality, that they make arbitrary changes based on lies they are told.

You really hit the nail straight on the head there. I'm glad we can agree that players posting ###### on forums should not have an effect.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Edited by Lau
  • Like 1

@Battlepaw

I'm all for removing Champion points, and also to bring back the old Champion system even with permadeath!

The only things is that i'm tired to see so many topics born from complaints (Especially after a raid. Damn you didn't know the game was working so even before? You had need to raid a deed before to open new topics on the forum?).Please.

These things bring people nowhere and they only make forum pvp.

If there is something that is not going in the right way, it must be just one thread with decent proposal designed for every side and set aside the rivalry between kingdoms.

Please bring back the old Champ system with permadeath. 

• Like 1

Totally agree, Old champ system please! this one is garbage.

• Like 1

I have to say there is alot of support to bring back the old system. Will someone from the team put up an official poll? Is this being looked at all?