Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Champion points for conquering

@miniroll putting in a prerequisite of a legitimate 70fs kill once weekly (or w/e) to maintain the champ bonus's but not as a requirment to maintain the title would go a long way to combat caster champs.

Just remove the points for camps and towers and leave the point system how it is until you find a fix or update champ system.  Don't make it decay longer, all the current champs have max points anyway. Why baby 3 people and give them months of free champ time just because the system needs to be changed.... How is that fair to everyone else? If they really whine about it give them the option to dechamp but -1 to free champ time for months to appease a couple people while the system undergoes development.

Edited by Suntzu
  • Like 1

How is it fair the current champs have literally no way to gain points, hell this is the reason why, Rolf said this in the OP....

Just leave the 10x decay untill we get a proper solution. hopefully it wont take too long so doesnt matter anyway.

They can go kill people or drain a deed you just want to have free champs for a couple months.

If it is too much to handle give them the option to dechamp with no skill penalty cuz that 1 point is harsh... *yawn*

Edited by Suntzu
  • Like 2

If they have not managed to recoup 1 point of stat loss in all the time that they have been champ then they are playing the wrong game. Gotta agree with tony on this one

Remove getting points for capturing camps.

Also, something to consider if more champions changes are in, allow all deities for every kingdom. (obviously with the exception of bl)

Edited by Mattown

No one is champion forever, we play an ever changing game and you go champion expecting to lose stats eventually. If game mechanics change then you should accept that as its what you signed for when you played wurm.

To make it fair give them maximum points if you must and leave it be, messing with a system prior to implementing a large change is a bad way to go.

Also while I understand Rolf wants a quick way of addressing this (These threads last for weeks/months) It should be somewhere that this can be discussed in advance (E.G. Make a champion changes thread now to discuss your and the players ideas)

Dont change it till there are no champs.

That would be the "fair" way to do things.

I don't think champion system is a matter of concern especially when valrei is still unbalanced and broken.

• Like 1

I would go a little bit in the other way:

- nerf a little champion buffs

- allow chemps to move to other servers

- make the decay even faster and only for kills

- make the rechemp timer shorter

- dechemping has no penalities apart of loosing bufs

- if you die as chemp you loose 5x more skill then you would normally without 3x bonus for skilling

I would go a little bit in the other way:

- nerf a little champion buffs

- allow chemps to move to other servers

- make the decay even faster and only for kills

- make the rechemp timer shorter

- dechemping has no penalities apart of loosing bufs

- if you die as chemp you loose 5x more skill then you would normally without 3x bonus for skilling

Sounds like either no one would champ or it'd be used for backup during big-battles. go champ up before hand and support your buds with 99 favor

Allow champs to cross the severs(epic) and go back to lives per champ but with the current losses.

i Think making it so that a champion has to be on a kill once a month/ drain a deed (5+ guards) should still be needed to maintain that life. This would make champions viable with no system to really abuse, less overwork on champions and add to potential home server pvp. To encourage the Champion to be used in pvp and to take bigger risks e.g. homeserver raiding, while they are on the server/in local of allies they take no cr nerf or gain a small cr buff to allies of high faith.

King titles ect should also be able to cross server borders.

Edited by JockII
  • Like 2

I would let champs cross servers, but when they cross servers, they lose the damage reductions they have on the server with the lights "You feel safer now, you loosen up for now." When you are on a homeserver, you still are able to maintain your points (if point system stays, in my opinion it shouldn't). 

From my experience as a Mag champ for KoS. Keeping champ points over 20 wasn't hard at all, because I would always conquer a tower or outpost. But of course the enemy did starve me of points a few days. I can consider myself lucky to even get up to like 25 points at one point on Elevation. But if you died once(or had less than 10 points), it was kinda pointless to remain a champion afterwards because it turns so much harder to maintain them at a lower number of points.

I never really understood why Rolf had to remove the permadeath and 3 lives on champions, when there was so many of them on Wild... that's so many possible perma-death accounts too. That's a huge risk in itself.

No more points.

give the champs 3 lives then they De-champ.

If a kingdom is in need of casters so bad....... let them use them as casters.... :P i mean its been years since the Champ casters change.... there should be 80 chan/100 faith priests sitting on deed already .. 

just means theres 1 less champ on the battlefield for that kingdom.

• Like 5

I believe that Champions should Get Points for Bashing towers and Building them! :)

• Like 2

Ap ap ap, this is not a suggestion thread. Please just answer the question for clear feedback!

This is wurm rolf, if you read any suggestion or feedback request you'll get alot of idea's put on the table. 

Now regarding your question, it would be fine to remove the points from battle camps,cause nobody really champs anyway.

i don't think any minor changes to this system will suddenly fix anything. This would take a really strong idea and a perfect exection, i suggest leaving it as is and work on something that will be used by the whole player base, rather than tweaking an almost irrelevant number.

Edited by JockII

This is wurm rolf, if you read any suggestion or feedback request you'll get alot of idea's put on the table. 

Now regarding your question, it would be fine to remove the points from battle camps,cause nobody really champs anyway.

i don't think any minor changes to this system will suddenly fix anything. This would take a really strong idea and a perfect exection, i suggest leaving it as is and work on something that will be used by the whole player base, rather than tweaking an almost irrelevant number.

I disagree.  Champions aren't used because they are basically broken.  I'm all for fixing them so they work, but how to do so is in question.  Every bit helps the game, not just focusing on the masses.  If you only focus on the common elements then everyone is going to be a cookie cutter character.

Rolf, look at what people want, the most liked posts in this thread are about 3 lives and out, whether dechamp with skill loss or permadeath. Create a poll to see which people prefer and let's get the system back to the way that works. No more of the points, they're pointless and don't create pvp, just more and more entrenchment, which is what we are trying to get rid of right now, right? 

• Like 1

Maybe the whole system needs a rework (or that is already planned ?).

First of all the demands to become a champ should be alot higher then it is today, faith and channeling should be atleast 70 or maybe even 90 to be able to become a champ. Why ? well only the most devoted should be able to become champs and as it is today this isnt the case.

Then it comes to the 3 strikes and then you are dead system... it worked in the past but it may be too harsh so maybe you get 3 lives and when you have died 3 times you cant become a champ ever again and you get the minimum skills thats needed to become a champ (its here the higher demands comes into play).

To prevent that you stay on deed and never die ? Force the champ to do pvp stuff atleast once every 3days or so, not a point system just a counter that see too the last time the champ did pvp actions (basicly you get 1 point at all the time and all the system needs to check are the last date pvp actions where done) and if the champ havent done any pvp actions in a certain timeperiod a life are taken away from the champ.

And i do think that its should be a veru short time period to prevent deed champs.

This way people will think twice before champing and most important will have to work hard to get the skills to even champ.

Just my 2 cents basicly.

Its probably not a foolproof system but it should be a start.

Edited by Daash
  • Like 1

To prevent "casting" champions, do not give the +50 channeling and increased skill gain.  If they choose to stay on deed with whatever their starting channeling was, so be it.  Yes, +5 attributes will still affect casts slightly, but not by enough to matter much.

Faith is pretty easy to achieve, the requirement of 50 could be higher and not be that much more challenging to get.

The 3 deaths route seems to be the most favored.  I think the consequences should be lengthy (2yr+ to perm) loss of champion status, along with loss of priesthood (it is not that hard to regain faith).

Why even worry about 'caster champs'? If a kingdom wastes it's champions on casters instead of having them pvp, they'd be wasting a valuable resource. Let the kingdom's deal with that as they see fit.

• Like 3

Why make champions more attractive when they're only supposed to appear to the minority?

They're supposed to be overpowered tanks that have the potential to have an edge and shift pvp in favour of 1 side at the cost of various negatives which don't attract the average player.

System works, you change It will just make everyone and their dog want to be champion as there's no real reason not to..

• Like 1

Short Term

In response to the original questions:

Remove Points from Battlecamps = Yes

Slow decay = Yes

Long Term Fix Idea's

Remove Points System

Add a modified new system as follows:

Champion Requirements

30 Soul Depth or Soul Strength

70 Faith

Optional - Aided Diety in XX Missions

Optional - Killed XX enemies of enemy Diety Faith

Champions Receive

30 Faith

+5 to all Stats

50% Damage Reduction

0 Channeling or 25 (* I really liked this previous idea)

50 Exorcism

Optional - Passive AOE group buff to allies based on Champion Diety

Deaths (Max of 3)

1st Death

- 1 to all Stats

2nd Death

- 2 to all Stats

Final Death

- 3 to all Stats

Faith reset to 0

All other champion perks removed

Not able to champ again for 1 year

Optional - If you are involved in killing an enemy champion there is a XX% chance to reclaim a life back (based on damage dealt) (Max of 3 still)

Cheers

• Like 7