Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Champion points for conquering

If it gets implemented with champs active then that's just gonna cause maximum rustle

Well "pending some smart changes to the system" which I wrote in the original post actually should translate to, if I am not mistaken, something like "for a while" or "this is not a final solution".

I would please request feedback on the question at hand which is: Would it be good to remove points from battle camps and towers now as a first measure in order to improve how they work and we solve Champs later? A change to the Champ system may take weeks or months. If we do the proposed changes to battle camps it might be nice if the Champs would to be able to adjust their game play because they will lose some stats when they dechamp. If you want us to be harsh on Champs and remove the battle camp points but skip the 10x timer say so. Someone suggested a 2x timer instead which at least seems related to the question.

The various suggestions of "remove the points completely" and "reimplement permadeath" is taking up lots of space. Yes, that may be what happens. But that's not what this feedback request is about.

Your derailing and not answering the initial question makes it hard to understand what you want. So we shouldn't do this now?

Well. Removing the points from battle camps and towers is a good start. The battle camps as they are, are far too easy to farm for points so as with towers there is no incentive for opposing kingdoms to recapture lost towers. However any changes you may have in mind should only be put into effect while there are no active champions. That way they will only get what they signed up for

To be honest champ system needs changes.

How many champs do we have per month... ?  

There are only 3 spots for champs per kingdom and they are empty almost all the time. Of course there is 1 year grace period but still it is hard to find big amount of players having "Champion Emeritus" titles in their collection.  

Almost no one want to be a champ ....  but Champions should be like "wheel drive" for PvP on the server.

1. Decreasing point decay may be easy step to encourage players to become one and have some time to get their stats up before the loss when de-champing

2. Gaining points for conquering towers / battle camps is stupid because you can make it always during unpopular playtime hours when only 10 ppl online.

Limiting champ points gain only to Draining deeds or killing is way to go. Champions will be force to make PvP to keep the status

3. Another thing is like someone said before: change Faith loss.... 

I would say long term players which have like 80-100 Faith will not be willing to lose it and again start from 50.  There is existing algorithm for channeling which can be used for it.

Faith loss change may also bring more PvP action when old players become champions.

System needs re-work to be PvP wheel drive but rework means many dev's work hours.....

In my opinion If we want quick/rapid changes to make our life better ;-)   this 3 things are a quick solution.

Edited by vill
  • Like 2

My opinion: remove points for battle camps, make champ points last 3x to 5x longer as a temporary solution.

• Like 1

Rolf, the current champs were/are surviving fine before all these battle camps were manually placed in the last few days

So they will continue to survive without them, for now

In the short term prevent them from giving the easy points they do now, or make it harder, a kingdom event. Right now one can walk in and cap, it's too easy

Edited by Derp

I would say allow champions to cross to home servers.And remove points from towers-battlecamps.

• Like 5

I would say allow champions to cross to home servers.And remove points from towers-battlecamps.

being able to go to ur own home server atlest

• Like 1

If conquering is going to be removed from battlecamps and towers, then current champions would merely be on a clock - it's even easier to starve by denying PvP than it is to deny kills, especially with the current state of Chaos.  If you wish to go ahead with this, I'd say to also offer current champs a chance to dechamp without the stat loss.

being able to go to ur own home server atlest

Ap ap ap, this is not a suggestion thread. Please just answer the question for clear feedback!

Give the champs full points and give them the 5x timer. If you remove tower capping points (which is the primary champ point gaining system as kills are random) then you are effectively forcing them to dechamp.

You should also give current champs the chance to dechamp.

• Like 1

Ap ap ap, this is not a suggestion thread. Please just answer the question for clear feedback!

But this also would be good for PvP on Epic as quick change  [depending on game code ;-) ]  because of cross server boat PvP fights   ;-)  

PvP on boats I would say this days is  about 50% of PvP activity.

When Champion cant cross he cant earn points... and bla bla bla

• Like 1

And what is the question?  Was it to confirm or deny the suggestion posted at the beginning?  

I think the suggestion is fine on a temporary basis, but as noted by others the point system doesn't seem to be accomplishing it's goals.

Now we're talking :)

Without feedback from you we aren't really talking.  What are the goals as you see them, what do you want to know?

Well as a stop gap measure I think it would be a good idea. 10x decay seems a little much, and 2x decay might be too little. I would hate to see the Champs feel like the change is out to get them, but the concern about 10x decay is warranted. I would go 3-4x. It just means they have three times as long to get a kill in the end.

If you no longer mind casting champs sitting on deed all day just go back to the old system and remove the limits on number of champs and take out perma death just revert when you die 3 times. Of course they wont leave deed.

The system works fine some people are just crying because no one will fight them with their bad attitude...

Now people are saying you should be able to stay champ long enough to regain your measly one point skill loss? Good grief....

If you cant see one group is looking for an easy way to keep there champs on a server they destroyed pvp on I dont know what to tell you...

/Champed 9 times

• Like 1

This is just creating another problem by trying to solve the current one. Being a champ is hard enough already since the deeds you can raid are set to having 1 guard so you do not get any points. Kills are very random and if the enemy wants you to dechamp they can just hide and make it too risky to go after them since you lose so much on a death.

If you want champions to last no more than a week max, make the change.

If you want being a champion to be a viable "career choice" for anything else than singular planned raids, don't.

(Also MR people take note, I'm actually talking in your favour here).

Making haphazard changes to fix a problem like this leads to other systems being completely broken. Everything in wurm is tightly connected balance wise. Please consider changes more carefully.

• Like 1

Now people are saying you should be able to stay champ long enough to regain your measly one point skill loss? Good grief....

I would say mainly to compensate lack of possibility gaining points from tower/battlecamps which is bad because can be easily made when 10ppl online. 

Edited by vill

No tower and battlecamps points. 2x or 3x points decay time. Could even supress completely the champion functionality with no penalty for current ones while  the whole thing is reworked, as it seems to be considered as broken or unsatisfying.

In my opinion, if a points system had to be kept for champions, it should be based on religion and not on realm politics or strategy. Gods shouldn't have to care about guard tower or outposts.

If someone decide to go for champ, then this person should get involved in the character's religion and run accross the land for deity's missions which would grant him points or time or whatever defining his status. PVP would naturally come to Champion if he had to cross ennemy territory when fulfilling his duty to keep his shiny title. 

About champ bonus : if they are related to pvp, then make them active only when ennemy is in local. Rest of the time : Champion doesn't really need his deity's help, so why would a god spend any power to boost him ?

It is common in most folklore and mythos that gods acquire human servants to kill or cause damage to another culture.

Coming from an actual PoV from a champ:

It is extremely hard to find a balanced system because all kingdoms will have a different opinion.

Trying to keep champ points up is tedious, and trying to stop enemies from getting champ points is redundant because you want the towers for influence and to control an area. Currently only deeding areas to protect towers can starve the champs.

In my opinion, getting rid of the point system would be good.

Then implementing a time period for being a champ with lets say 3~ lives? or 9 months if the lives are not used?

As for 'sitting on deed champs' I honestly dont know a viable way to prevent that, most ways seem irrational and complex.

Or, just give a timeframe of which champs last, 6 months? it will be their glory months where they can do anything, then after that they have to wait 12. Pretty simple?

Edit: Oh and permadeath, nopenopenope, bad.

Edited by Miniroll

I honestly hate debating about how game mechanics should be made and balancing... I would much rather just play the game, but I guess being a forum warrior just comes with playing wurm :)