Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Champion points for conquering

Apparently people refrain from conquering towers and battle camps because it hands out champion points when they are reconquered. This is contrary to how they are supposed to work.

The suggestion is removing rewarding champion points from the next upcoming update and make them decay 10 times slower for now instead, pending some smart changes to the system.

• Like 13

Yes.

Could we get mag champs in JK back too please?

Edited by Derp
  • Like 8

Hello Rolf,

Could you tell more about those changes?

As in, it take 10 days for a single point to decay?

Soo, say someone has max points aka 30.  

They're a Champion for 300 days, depending on if they die or not.  Lollll

• Like 6

Wouldn't that simply make it so that champions will simply try to not pvp?

Wouldn't it be a bit better to make them only last "slightly" longer? 10x seems a bit overkill.

• Like 4

Wouldn't that simply make it so that champions will simply try to not pvp?

Why did you sign up just to say this? 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

them decaying 10 times slower is a really bad idea, think about it

• Like 4

I think this is a silly change and would only worsen the situation if I understand what you said correctly, if thats the way you want it to work then my not just put a number of days on remaining champing up? Wouldn't this completely take away all ways to obtain champ points aside from pvp, which with the current mine door situation there is none at all on chaos, and deeds require a certain number of templars for them to render champ points on draining.. so if deeds bump all their Templars under this number and everyone stays on deed? then what? champs are just boned? camps and towers are the only ways to actually obtain champ points. So, if this change were to occur there would have to be other ways to obtain champ points implemented to make up for it.

I still think the original champ system was a lot better. Just greatly increase the stats needed needed to champ up, and make it so that only a few champs can exist for each god. None of this stupid champion points system is needed 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

them decaying 10 times slower is a really bad idea, think about it

Can allways try before saying someting :)

Can allways try before saying someting :)

Didn't they use to decay slower, and people use to keep them just for casting or something?

Such a touchy situation, heh

I think personally,  the 10x decay is a good idea. I just want to know the pending changes

We've never had a champ on this system afaik, so please can someone give some true data.

How long does 1 champ point currently last? Or what decays in, say, a month? And what do you get for a tower etc

Edited by Derp

1 champ point decays in 18hrs, 1 tower is 1 point to all champs in range, 1 kill it 1 point to each champ on the death tab, 1 deed drain is 3 points to the champ that drains it only. I don't know about battle camps, as they have been missing for the majority of the time we've had our champs.

1 champ point decays in 18hrs, 1 tower is 1 point to all champs in range, 1 kill it 1 point to each champ on the death tab, 1 deed drain is 3 points to the champ that drains it only. I don't know about battle camps, as they have been missing for the majority of the time we've had our champs.

Hmmm, maybe adjust how many they get per kill instead? Would that be feasible at all?

Edit: per kill/deed capture

Edited by Druidnature

So 3 champs can be sustained for a week in this new idea (if it goes in) from 1 kill or tower a week?

Hmm nope.jpg

P.S thanks for the info :P

Edited by Derp

yeah.....

Battlecamps/towers being champ batteries was fine, and much better than a point lasting a week and a half.

The point system will get abused no matter what, go back to the old system of perma death.

Of course any current champs should get the option to drop if this were to be implemented.

• Like 4

Lose the point system entirely in my opinions.

Just have champs have limited lives and use the current system for dechamping them when they die instead of using points. The main problem in the past was the number of them anyways and we have limits now!

• Like 8