Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Container fixes, PMK requirement change

A few bugs with containers and drag and drop were targeted in this update.

The minimum requirement for player made kingdoms was lowered to 25 players.

Lockpicking is now restricted to one person at a time per lock

• Like 1

Awesome changes, the lockpicking thing is 50/50 but it makes sense. Maybe revert the change, but more then one lockpicker reduced the picking chance by 25% and so on maybe?

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

I wanna see blood spilled and more history of kingdoms rise and fall to the pvp zones :) .

25 is a nice number.

IMO a kingdom should represent an alliance of villages and with a 25 player minimum requirement, this would represent like 2-3 villages.

Aweomse job on the PMK requirements! Maybe there will be a new PMK to rise on ele that will overthrow that middle school clique of players that artificially control the economy, and much more that is meant to be disperssed within the kingdom.Theres also rumors that these same players control Rolf too : :o

Theres also rumors that these same players control Rolf too : :o

It is impossible to control Rolf! To think that this can be done shows that you have not reviewed the history of the game. Also consult his wife as no doubt she will have to say something about this as well. The Wurm Staff might also disprove the veracity of your statement by their silence on the topic.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

you guys just ruined lockpcking fyi....if the writ owner is on there is no point to lockpick now...

Awesome changes, the lockpicking thing is 50/50 but it makes sense. Maybe revert the change, but more then one lockpicker reduced the picking chance by 25% and so on maybe?

also 25% is a massive amount.  I don't think you know how hard it is lockpick while they gatehop you and target you same time...or keep relocking it with writ option... Plus a 5 damage wound adds 10 seconds on the timer making it worse...

PMK requirement.   Reduced to 25 players.  I thought the requirement was 15 players, how many were required.  25 seems excessive to me.

What's the reasoning for the lockpicking nerf? Is it just gonna be the job of the person with the highest lockpicking skill to do everything now? 

High lockpicking skill doesn't make everything easy.

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 2

The lockpicking change kinda makes sense to me I guess, I mean dozens of people all wearing plate gloves all jamming their lockpicking bits into a 5mm hole at the same time...

• Like 2

I hope the nerf doesn't apply to boats, that'd be so bad...

• Like 4

The lockpicking change kinda makes sense to me I guess, I mean dozens of people all wearing plate gloves all jamming their lockpicking bits into a 5mm hole at the same time...

JK having both fo and vyn as their gods which gives 2x missions 2x chance for scenario items doesn't make much sense either.

• Like 2

• Lockpicking is now restricted to one person at a time per lock

Is there any reason why? Because successfully picking a picked door will lock it again.

[09:57:33] You pick the lock of the sturdy double door and unlock it. It will stay unlocked for 10 minutes.

[09:58:04] You pick the lock of the sturdy double door and lock it.

Having a group of lock pickers picking at a door would run the risk of one person undoing everything.

Lock Picking is already a tedious skill to grind and it takes awhile to get a high level, even then it doesn't always mean you have a better chance of picking into high ql locks.

PMK requirement.   Reduced to 25 players.  I thought the requirement was 15 players, how many were required.  25 seems excessive to me.

It went from 15 to 40 in september and now back to 25.

revert the un needed change to lockpicking, finally the BL pmk's will start to form though

you guys just ruined lockpcking fyi....if the writ owner is on there is no point to lockpick now...

Twitter this morning;

The server shut down: Reason: Locking a structure via writ no longer cancels the picking timer fix. 10 minutes downtime.

Meh still a bad idea to change lockpicking to be honest. It's already very tedious to bust into a good lock even if you have a bunch of people with 50+ lockpicking. Even our players with almost 90 lockpicking take forever to crack the best locks. This time usually isn't available in a situation where you're breaking into someone's deed or stealing a boat.

• Like 1

i think the change is in the right direction but once it has been unlocked leave it unlocked until (either locked again when no enemys in local) or  (once enemy's leave they can instalock). if your going the realism root on how many lockpicks can fit..then maybe go the realism on lock not magic;y relocking.

• Like 6

Picking good locks on deeds / boats shouldn't be super easy.

I like the change. If you want to be successful picking any and all locks, become a Safe Cracker, or Vault Shadow xD

Picking good locks on deeds / boats shouldn't be super easy.

I like the change. If you want to be successful picking any and all locks, become a Safe Cracker, or Vault Shadow xD

Even then, good locks are extremely hard.

.07 on a knarr with 70 picking and a 95ql pick is not good odds.

Edited by Kagrenac

great..now  how about u FIX WIRT LOCKING SO THER IS REASON TO LOCKPIK A DOOR.

And who sugested that corpses can't be looted if on deed and enemy still local? like if we kill someone just 1 tile inside deed we can't loot it unless we raid the entire damn deed???!??!?!?!?! :blink:

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this