Sign in to follow this  
Nirbash

Some Spice to Freedom Cluster 2

New PvP server in Freedom Cluster 2  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a new PvP server in Freedom Cluster 2?

• Yes
    • No

The clusters should not connect until both sides are ready for it, maybe after the ingame voting system is added.

Maybe until then it could be possible to fo one way from the new cluster to the old one, but you can never return.

@&^% Pristine and $&^# Release.  Give them their &^% #*&$ed PVP server to themselves and finally say they will never be added to the other cluster so that we never have to hear them again.  I understand, they want to be by themselves, fine, make it permanent.

• Like 1

Pristine and Release are filled with old players who already have an advantage over you guys by knowing how to skill up more efficiently and how to build the best town defenses. Nothing would change by adding a new PvP server - Give it 6 months and it will be in the exact same state that Chaos is in currently. The new players on Pristine and Release who are actually new players without prior experience of the game would still be the underdogs. No matter what you would have to team up with older players to survive or struggle by constantly fighting against them.

This... I don't think anyone realizes how many old players already take advantage of them. Lol

Edited by Druidnature

This whole thread and the whole "people have been playing longer than me and have better skills than me and i have no chance to compete so make a fresh server where i'll get a chance!" arguement is just ###### stupid and getting old.

No chaos player would want the pvp lovers to start off n their very own server... caus the want weak people on their server whom they can bully.. and thosr people who have been saying "go to epic"..." go to chaos"... are certainly not putting up a valid argument.... actually they are not putting up any argument and just trying to be conservative... and connecting freedom cluster to freedom cluster is meaningless... "we are waiting for P and R to be ready"... "ready" meaning waiting for some people to gwt 90+ blacksmithing?.. these servers qont be ready caus these are newbie sources.... we need a PvP for freedom 2 and the PvE.lovers can go to freedom cluster 1 if they have a problem with P and R... there are 4 PvE servers for them there. You guys tell us to go to chaos... why dont you guys go to cluster 1? but guess what? nobody wants to lose their stats eh? ;)...neither do i or anyone else who demands a pvp for freedom cluster 2...if tgeres not goong to be a pvp...then everyone should be forced to go back to the old cluster because we, the pvp lovers will have to go to chaos as well.... shut down P and R.... if a newbie works for months and is told to go to chaos to get his ass kicked only caus he wanted pvP... then these servers are usless.

(This message of mine is to the game masters and creator... if you cant make it fair for all... make it fair for none)

Shut down pristine and releaae and i will be happy tp go to chaos :)

chaos doesn't want people to "Bully" ....if you really think that, then you shouldn't even be on wurm, Period. Nobody is looking for you to go to chaos just so they can bully you into doing things, and make you there slave mate - and from what I hear, Chaos actually has some of the best communities.

Even though this would never happen anyway, lets say P&R gets a Chaos-like server. What's going to happen? well lets see.

The vets that play there, and are already taking advantage of you in other ways (No, i'm not talking about stupid traders) is going to be repeated on this pvp server, except in a much more brutal fashion. You're thinking your "skills" are all "Fair" when they aren't already. Vets knew how to get way ahead of all the new players, and are far ahead of most of you I'm sure. when you enter chaos, these "Vets" most likely know eachother, and they'll probably end up on the same team, of course.......not all of them. Other vets will go the other way, so we already have a 1v1 "kingdoms" these people will recruit the newer players and teach them to pvp, and if the new players don't learn quick, there going to get slaughtered by the people that already know how to pvp, and more then likely have better skills ontop of that.

In the end, it's going to be no different then you going to chaos now, or epic. P&R think they're all new players, and that the rest of wurm currently isn't the same.......but what I've noticed people from there lack to notice, when P&R was made, a CRAP load of vets moved there, and they've known from the start how to do things, which has put the "new players" behind from the very beginning.

TLDR: New pvp server won't be ANY different then a player going from chaos, besides having "Fresh" land to claim - which won't help you in the long run.

• Like 1

-1. Just the fact that Pristine/Release are now being called  "Freedom 2" is further indication merging them is overdue. The longer they stay separate the rougher it will be . 

Pull the bandaid off and get it over with please. 

No chaos player would want the pvp lovers to start off n their very own server... caus the want weak people on their server whom they can bully.. and thosr people who have been saying "go to epic"..." go to chaos"... are certainly not putting up a valid argument.... actually they are not putting up any argument and just trying to be conservative... and connecting freedom cluster to freedom cluster is meaningless... "we are waiting for P and R to be ready"... "ready" meaning waiting for some people to gwt 90+ blacksmithing?.. these servers qont be ready caus these are newbie sources.... we need a PvP for freedom 2 and the PvE.lovers can go to freedom cluster 1 if they have a problem with P and R... there are 4 PvE servers for them there. You guys tell us to go to chaos... why dont you guys go to cluster 1? but guess what? nobody wants to lose their stats eh? ;)...neither do i or anyone else who demands a pvp for freedom cluster 2...if tgeres not goong to be a pvp...then everyone should be forced to go back to the old cluster because we, the pvp lovers will have to go to chaos as well.... shut down P and R.... if a newbie works for months and is told to go to chaos to get his ass kicked only caus he wanted pvP... then these servers are usless.

(This message of mine is to the game masters and creator... if you cant make it fair for all... make it fair for none)

Shut down pristine and releaae and i will be happy tp go to chaos :)

How is connecting pristine and release to the rest of the servers meaningless? They aren't waiting for the servers to be ready, Rolf wants to implement some ingame poll system or something first. And the fact that you said this

eaning waiting for some people to gwt 90+ blacksmithing?

Just proves how much you don't know about the new servers, as some people had 90+ blacksmithing after a few months. You seem to be in a big misunderstanding, as Pristine and Release was created for PvE players, with them getting connected to the rest of the cluster after sometime, with no PvP in mind. 

Edited by atazs

Why do you want to own the new players so badly? all this caus the population of cluster 1 is decreasing..but its no fun at all...boringgggggg...people hand away 75 QL chain armours for free...no fun in making the stuff ourselves...everyone from cluster 1 is hell bent on this..no one has the time to reach 70 fighting skill on chaos ..and even if someone plays for 1 year or say a longggggg time just to get to 70 fighting skill....they still wont enjoy it..whats the fun in being the pawn...everyone wants to be the king..you want to remain the king and thats why you need some pawns...i have personally known many players who started wurms and stopped in a week...but those on release have been playing...they are not pros but still..they enjoy the game as the difference between them and other players is not that much and they can ATLEAST try to reduce the difference...I also want the steel sword of Magranon and so does everyone else...and even if they dont get it..atleast a chance to seize it...seriously no fun in chaos...shut down release and pristine and then the players will agree for the new PvP server...ofcourse they will..caus then they will know what it feels like to start from 1 fighting skill and playing 1 year all over again :) This is a game and for fun...not a job..think people think!

It takes 2 maybe 3 days to get 70fs. This is from the pov of an amateur, not even a vet...

i think this option would be ok if you allow players who started after release and pristine opened up (dec 2013). But started on freedom cluster one a 1 way ticket to release or pristine. Otherwise you are punishing all the new players on freedom 1. Why do you release and pristine players feel so damn entitled?

• Like 1

Why do you want to own the new players so badly? all this caus the population of cluster 1 is decreasing..but its no fun at all...boringgggggg...people hand away 75 QL chain armours for free...no fun in making the stuff ourselves...everyone from cluster 1 is hell bent on this..no one has the time to reach 70 fighting skill on chaos ..and even if someone plays for 1 year or say a longggggg time just to get to 70 fighting skill....they still wont enjoy it..whats the fun in being the pawn...everyone wants to be the king..you want to remain the king and thats why you need some pawns...i have personally known many players who started wurms and stopped in a week...but those on release have been playing...they are not pros but still..they enjoy the game as the difference between them and other players is not that much and they can ATLEAST try to reduce the difference...I also want the steel sword of Magranon and so does everyone else...and even if they dont get it..atleast a chance to seize it...seriously no fun in chaos...shut down release and pristine and then the players will agree for the new PvP server...ofcourse they will..caus then they will know what it feels like to start from 1 fighting skill and playing 1 year all over again :) This is a game and for fun...not a job..think people think!

It takes a week to reach 70fs if you know what you are doing... I actually went from 70 to 80 pure PvE in about 5-6 months. I still don't understand what makes you think that a new PvP server for pristine/release would not end up like chaos in a few months...  

.I also want the steel sword of Magranon and so does everyone else...and even if they dont get it..atleast a chance to seize it...seriously no fun in chaos

See my sig? Atazs reveals the Hammer of Magranon that was early last year and i started in early 2010. Instead of coming here to complain, start grinding and getting ready when the servers connect then maybe you too will have your chance on recovering an artifact.

Why do you release and pristine players feel so damn entitled?

QFT

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

This whole thread is a joke, right? If you want PvP ask them to connect the clusters. No one is going to "bully" you. If you all gathered up and were ready to move over you could easily form your own PMK, there's even a group of non established players doing it right now. People don't want to split the population and they want you to go to Chaos because groups like you are what's needed to shake things up. Don't underestimate the change you can make to the server you think is so set in its ways.

To the suggestion -1.

• Like 2

Well put Hashirama.  Keep the clusters separate!

I think only Pristine/Release residents should be allowed to vote.  Cluster 1 wouldn't have access to the new PVP server, so why include them?

We have the stars upon ours, not thars.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 2

I think only Pristine/Release residents should be allowed to vote. Cluster 1 wouldn't have access to the new PVP server, so why include them?

cause, your moving into our servers. Not the other way around, the vote should be for all. (But pristine and release should be separate so we can see both results of course)

It's quiet clear P&R don't need a pvp server, the forum PVP is enough. /tinfoil

Think this thread is about due to "join" the others on the "Linking clusters" topic since most of the posts seem to be more about joining or keeping servers separate, than they are about adding PVP as originally outlined in the OP before edits, and honestly, the poll is likely following suit (voting more on the join/don't join topic than on the access to a PVP server topic).

The general "To Join/Not to Join" topic has been discussed ad nauseam, the community polls in general remains split in an average of a little better of 3:1 in favor of joining the servers, but no matter how a poll is setup/worded, there will always be some group who claim those opposing their view are "gaming" the system.  Hell, there were previous claims that "Freedom 1" players were creating premium alts on the P&R servers simply for voting to join the clusters.

Funny that some of those claims were from "Freedom 1" alts on P&R >.<

Lets just leave these topics until Rolf & team do whatever the hell they're going to do to make their decision, because if they do decide to join the clusters, issue goes away.  If they don't join the clusters, you have access to Epic on both clusters for the short term and can ask for a dedicated "Wilds/Chaos" version PVP server for your cluster with a lot more reason for doing so.

Edited by Hussars

Because the majority of pvp interested freedomers I speak to tell me so. It might not be a huge sample in the grand scheme of things but there's more people telling me they would rather try out on a new pvp server instead of an old one we can assume to an extent others would think along similar lines.

No you are making assumptions based on your limited view.  You don't talk to every player you meet about pvp or at least it's unlikely so the people that you do talk to are a self selecting pool.  You are the one making the assertion as to what the majority of players want.  There doesn't have to be a poll to prove the opposite, the onus is on you to provide proof of your assertion and proof is not a relatively small sample size based around people you personally speak with.  I suppose you are like my ex, always asserting that everyone does things her way so I am always wrong.  Strangely, I see few people that actually agree with her and even then not 100%

I think only Pristine/Release residents should be allowed to vote.  Cluster 1 wouldn't have access to the new PVP server, so why include them?

All I need is premium characters that play on that cluster? Ok then I vote no and instead want to link the servers...

Too bad Pristine/Release dudes don't know what they are talking about about. Just connect the clusters already imo.

Since I started playing Wurm I always thought it'd be a cool idea to setup on the coast of my server, and take a boat on over to the pvp servers and have some fun.  After looking into it a bit, I realized you lose your stats when going to the epic cluster, AND the glorious freedom clusters are forever seperated.  There's obviously different reasons for the clusters being seperated, in my personal opinion the biggest being economy; and honestly I'd prefer if they weren't joined.  Everyones hardwork so far would practically be flushed down the tubes with the price of rares, and high ql items plummeting.  So what I'm suggesting is a PvP server be added to Freedom Cluster 2.  Even though I'm pretty sure the epic cluster was added not toooooo long ago, so there isn't to much need for a new server population wise; Pristine and Release generally have the highest ammount of online players, and we're smushed into a cluster with only 2 islands.  I feel if a PvP server were added to Freedom Cluster 2 it would give the people who have made this their home more diversity and the ability to conquer!  Now I know there might be some people saying "Move to a pvp server then".  I personally didn't start to long ago, so that wouldn't be an issue for me, but what about the older players?  I'm sure they don't want to start all over just to pvp.   I myself don't want to live on a pvp server, just enjoy the wonderful glory of battle when my heart so desires!  Sadly without a PvP server in our glorious cluster, this is just not currently possible.  It would also give a boost to the economy, and an actual reason to invest in armor/weaponsmithing, the Bowyery skill and any other combat related skill.  I'm open to any opinions, and encourage any FRIENDLY debate about the topic.  Please don't flame someone because their opinion does not match yours.  Also if you vote in the poll, please take the time to post even just a sentence explaining why you chose yes or no.  Thank you :)

Edit:  If people continue to vote without posting their reasoning I'm going to delete the poll.  I want constructive opinions on why you feel this way, and if you don't have the time to simply state your opinion than I don't want your vote.  It'll be easy enough for me to count the votes by hand

Pristine and Release will be joined with the Freedom Cluster eventually, if you don't like the fact that you can't pvp, that's your problem.  Sry but that's the nicest way I can think of to put it. You guys chose of your own free will to create accounts on an isolated section of the cluster.   

If you feel bored, it is probably time you guys finally join up with the rest of the cluster.    Its been a while now, and it would be especially welcome to have prospective PvPers go into the forming PMKs on Chaos.        

• Like 1

The people from other servers are soooo hell bent on coming to the new cluster. 5 year old servers with depleted resources coming on the new cluster? they will certainly harass and pillage the resources..we dont need them here :) and if the servers connect..me and the concerned players will try to keep others out...many ways of doing that...advantage of having a coastal deed ^^ merging the servers is out of the question..we dont need players from drained servers to drain our servers as well...that is yet another reason why we need another pvp :) we have 1 pvp right now..but many pve...its time to get the 2nd pvp :D
and even if they connect the servers...no one is coming in :)

Edited by Hashirama

servers with depleted resources coming on the new cluster?

u wot m8 

Please stop posting your posts make me cringe on how stupid they are and how much you have no idea what you are talking about. 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 2