Sign in to follow this  
Nirbash

Some Spice to Freedom Cluster 2

New PvP server in Freedom Cluster 2  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a new PvP server in Freedom Cluster 2?

• Yes
    • No

PvP is already aweful as it is. We don't need to add another pvp server that takes away from the population of epic or chaos.

In my personal opinion chaos or elevation should be removed, if it is chaos increase the elevation map size to account for the influx of new players, if it is epic, remove chaos from the freedom cluster and have it take the place of elevation with the epic homeservers in tact and the same travel routes to servers. Either way all the pvpers need to be on the same cluster so we can all agree on the same ###### instead of chaos this and epic that for every damn pvp suggestion.

Lol, so it's now come down to: "We want to remain completely seperate because of our precious economy, but give us our own PVP lands."

Just connect the servers already. This is ridiculous.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just cause you started late in chaos doesn't make you useless when you try there....

First:

[...]

Edit:  If people continue to vote without posting their reasoning I'm going to delete the poll.  I want constructive opinions on why you feel this way, and if you don't have the time to simply state your opinion than I don't want your vote.  It'll be easy enough for me to count the votes by hand

Then you would only have the vocal people who agreed with you, since considering the majority of votes are for No, I assume you only want comments from those disagreeing with your question?

Next:

The whole issue I have with connecting the servers now is the effect it would have on Cluster 2's economy.  Cluster 2 is a relatively new server cluster compared to the freedom cluster, so I'd imagine Chaos wouldn't be very friendly for those of us in Cluster 2 just getting started in PvP.  At first when I was talking about this idea with a few of my friends I thought they should just connect the clusters and have it so you could sail east and make it like you're going around the world, but I just can't get over the economy hit we'd take.

Edit:  I'd also like to say, whats the harm in starting a new PvP server?  Lawurm, you say to replace the current one is pointless, and needlessly time consuming; by that logic wouldn't the whole expsanion of Cluster 2 be pointless?  After all we did just replicate Cluster 1.  If the servers are to remain seperate I say we need our own PvP server.

Also Kediec, as for population dilluation, I'm almost certain Prestine and Release generally have more players on our 2 islands, than you have on your 5.  I could be mistaken on this, but if that's correct, don't you think that would warrant us a little land of our own instead of moving to settle the already long occupied Chaos?

You have 3 topics/points in here so in the order of your points:

1.  The economy argument is a bit tired in the "join the servers" discussion and was not part of/has no bearing on your original question.  As a late introduction to the thread topic, it only servers to undermine constructive conversation on the original question.

2.  Pointless servers - Several folks actually support the idea that the new servers were "pointless" in the grand scheme of things, and while I don't agree with the idea myself, I do think they did, and continue to, divide an already small player base as well as eat dev/support time.  Look at the number of threads, in and out of game arguments and comments from the dev team about the amount of discussion going on about how to even approach the topic of joining the servers, let alone the mechanics to do so.

3. Player count (Premium)

• Pristine - 616 current (source)
  • Release - 596 current (Source)
  • Total Freedom 2 - 1212

Freedom 1

The other 4 servers would need to have less than 50 premium players for Freedom 2 to have more players.

In the case you're wondering, they have a lot more than 50 each... Server graphs

• Deli - 621
  • Exo - 555
  • Cele - 439
  • Wilds/Chaos - 401
  • Total Freedom 1 - 3104

As a side note, in the case of actively playing at any point in time, pointless as different groups play on different servers at different times.  Any snapshot in time would only prove populations at that single point in time.  So this leaves total premium accounts in the discussion, and even those on Freedom 2 supporting a vote generally ask that premium accounts be the only voice, even knowing that a good deal of the Freedom 2 accounts are new mains or alts from Freedom 1.

Even if your assumption was accurate, it just proves how much it would hurt the current Wilds/Chaos server to start a new isolated PVP isle by not including them in the new population gains.

I'm not saying Free2Play accounts don't (or shouldn't) have a voice, as I'm one of the folks saying all active accounts should have their say if the dev team is really going to put it to a vote.  Just that it might be better to track feedback from paying (or previously paying) customers vs non-paying in this one case, and start a separate initiative to gather reasons why non-paying customers are not moving over to premium services.

Otherwise, join the servers and be done with it.

Once that linking occurs, if there is reason/need for more space on Wilds/Chaos, they can spin up a fresh island for it.  Don't continue to thin the core population even further simply because one side doesn't want to "mingle with the peasants" (I've heard variations of this comment from both sides).

::edits for grammar, spelling and clarification of points::

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 2

Imaginary economies are not a good reason for keeping Pristine and Release separate.  Join us back to the main Freedom cluster and let me simply sail to Chaos.

• Like 1

You have a LOT of people on freedom who would love to try PVP but are afraid of Wild because of the veteran hold outs who don't want anything to change on there would (rightly or wrongly) steamroll them. Then there's the fact that Wild is old, heavily fortified and claimed by the two main powers (BL doesn't count anymore, sadly) so theres little room or chance for PMK's to really establish themselves there.

Now, you have a fresh new PVP server and you'll find a lot of freedomers will embrace the chance to start out on a level playing field (at least settlement and landmass wise) and try and make a go of it either by themselves or as part of a new alliance or PMK that can grow without fighting for wiggle room like it is on Chaos. 

They are waiting for it.

Or you go to epic, get pvp stats in no time at all (1-3 months) then you go out and pvp.

• Like 1

You have a LOT of people on freedom who would love to try PVP but are afraid of Wild because of the veteran hold outs who don't want anything to change on there would (rightly or wrongly) steamroll them. Then there's the fact that Wild is old, heavily fortified and claimed by the two main powers (BL doesn't count anymore, sadly) so theres little room or chance for PMK's to really establish themselves there.

Now, you have a fresh new PVP server and you'll find a lot of freedomers will embrace the chance to start out on a level playing field (at least settlement and landmass wise) and try and make a go of it either by themselves or as part of a new alliance or PMK that can grow without fighting for wiggle room like it is on Chaos. 

They are waiting for it.

Wut? You are afraid because you've never been on it and have heard these awful rumors of people waiting on the border to kill anyone who accidently sails in. It is quite possible for new accounts to steamroll old accounts.  There are plenty of accounts that are 70+ fs on P/R. If there is such a huge playerbase in those two who would like to pvp they could easily set up their own pmk. Numbers do count for something.

Connect the Small Cluster to the Main Cluster and then you have a PvP server to go to, no need to add yet another server to the game to further thin out the already small population density.

Edited by Shrimpiie

Link the Freedom clusters via Chaos. No mail.

Want your "cheap" high ql tools from Freedom 1 to Freedom 2? Sure, but bring them or find those willing to pass them through Chaos. Characters pass easily, items... I don't know, but it sounds interesting. For who needs the servers linked for the mere purpose of sight-seeing, passing through Chaos is not much of a problem.

Voting No.

As a Chaos resident the last thing I'd want would be being forced into piracy of freedomers, the server has a bad enough reputation already from all kinds of rumours and I would really hate it if they were made partially true. PvP is about a lot more than just loot.

As for the OP I say no, P&R aren't far away from being ready to connect back up again anyway. As for old accounts and new ones, with the right guidance it is not difficult to grind fighting stats and soon become a useful player on the battlefield.

No more servers of the same game modes.
We have enough to support the current playerbase.

Now, a hardcore standalone sandbox RP PvP server with no meta gaming etc allowed and no kingdoms etc, could be fun. map would need to be huge

boohoo. the poor economy on pristine and release. Why does it matter if you have to compete with more advanced crafters for silver? there is new people starting all the time. Celebrations economy has been crappy for like 7 months. worse than pristine or release would ever be. If they get added they should put them under celebration.

Or you go to epic, get pvp stats in no time at all (1-3 months) then you go out and pvp.

Not everybody wants Wurm on easy mode or to give up their existing skills to play on Epic. If this was the case Epic would be a lot busier.

Wut? You are afraid because you've never been on it and have heard these awful rumors of people waiting on the border to kill anyone who accidently sails in. It is quite possible for new accounts to steamroll old accounts.  There are plenty of accounts that are 70+ fs on P/R. If there is such a huge playerbase in those two who would like to pvp they could easily set up their own pmk. Numbers do count for something.

Afraid? Please, I started my Wurm life on Wild years ago and only left because it was dead and boring. Having been back since it's more active than it was but it's dominated by MR and anyone wanting to settle there find themselves quickly bullied into joining one faction or another or run off. It's a case of play the way those who live there demand or expect to have a really rough time of it.

Which to be honest is fine as long as you know what you are getting into.

Problem is that isn't attractive for people who want to try and create something from scratch by themselves or with a group of others (PMK's now more realistic since the cap is lowered) in a place dominated by one Kingdom.

What is attractive is a new land where pvp is likely but without ancient unraidable deeds and a map pock marked with heavily terraformed abandoned settlements.

You have Chaos the way you like it. You just want everyone to play there because it's comfortable for the locals to keep it that way but the majority of pvp interested freedomers would rather have a fresh new world to establish themselves in that the ruined husk of Wild. 

I'm not suggesting Chaos gets closed down. You keep it and im sure everyone there will be happy. But don't force those interested in trying pvp to choose between old Wild or failed Epic when a fresh new pvp land that's untouched could be the single biggest boon to pvp in Wurm, ever.

Freedoms all about choice, yeah? Let the people have a choice in where they try their pvp.

... but the majority of pvp interested freedomers would rather have a fresh new world to establish themselves in ... 

I'm just curious, how do you know this?  Did I miss a poll?  I might be interested in occasional PvP, but there's no way in hell I want to live in it so the occasional visit to Chaos suits me just fine.  I may be in the minority, or not, I don't know.  I just want to know how *you* know that out of all freedom players, the majority of the ones who want to PvP want a new server to do it on.

As one of the folks who are interested in PVP but don't really do it in Wurm, my personal "issue" with the Wilds/Chaos thing is not that I'm behind the curve, but that combat in general in Wurm is.. lack-luster.

To me, Wurm combat is as interesting as playing liars dice by myself, or a table top strategy game.  There are aspects that are interesting, and some of the systems are fun, but it just doesn't provide what I'm looking for in active PVP combat.

That said, something just doesn't click for me in the current system, and based on the threads and general comments about how to lure in more players to PVP, I'm not the only one.

A new island/server won't change that for those of us who just don't like the system for some reason.  You will still have those who don't like token draining (no matter how little coin is actually drain-able), the limited animations (even though the art/systems team is making great strides), or their general preconception that all PVP'ers are raging lunatics/griefers/drinkers of "Care Bear" tears...

Until you are able to change the real problems some of the semi-PVP (or want to be PVP) crowd have with the current system, a new island just gives you more space and a chance to continue what you claim you don't like about the current system.  A select group who were lucky to be there at the start on the top of the heap, because in 3, 6 or 12 months, new players joining "your" PVP cluster, would have the same problems you had joining "ours". 

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 1

I'm just curious, how do you know this?  Did I miss a poll?  I might be interested in occasional PvP, but there's no way in hell I want to live in it so the occasional visit to Chaos suits me just fine.  I may be in the minority, or not, I don't know.  I just want to know how *you* know that out of all freedom players, the majority of the ones who want to PvP want a new server to do it on.

Because the majority of pvp interested freedomers I speak to tell me so. It might not be a huge sample in the grand scheme of things but there's more people telling me they would rather try out on a new pvp server instead of an old one we can assume to an extent others would think along similar lines.

Did I miss a poll suggesting the complete opposite? I didn't think so ..

People wanting occasional drop in pvp can do that on Chaos easy enough. No issue there. People who want to make a proper go of it, form a pmk away from MR territorial dominance or JK lethargy or .. whatever the hell is ging on with BL .. a new server is their only realistic option. Or Epic. Which they don't want to do because, well,  it's Epic.

If you want pvp sail over to chaos or transfer your character to epic and play here.

yes yes yes...we need a new PvP server for release and pristine...the old chaos is already filled with pros having 90 fighting skill...if players from release and pristine go there...we all know whats gonna happen to them..even drake armour stands still on the lands of chaos and we all know it...we need a new server for PvP!

Edit: and players who like PvE can stay on their PvE servers :)

Edited by Evilprince

I started playing on release a month ago...i love it here..its a good place for new players to start off...what i feel like is that a new PvP server should be connected to release...a NEW PvP ..not chaos...because the old players from chaos are far too experienced and overpowered ...i have high hopes that this message of mine will reach the game masters and makers...we need a PvP...tired of fighting spiders and crocs. The new PvP will provide a new hope for the new players. 

Thank you  :)

P.S. I want a PvP connected to release and am not going to Chaos...thank you for the advice though :)
  • Like 1

No because I would simply come over there and roll everyone again, ruining the game for people who are bad

• Like 1

I started playing on release a month ago...i love it here..its a good place for new players to start off...what i feel like is that a new PvP server should be connected to release...a NEW PvP ..not chaos...because the old players from chaos are far too experienced and overpowered ...i have high hopes that this message of mine will reach the game masters and makers...we need a PvP...tired of fighting spiders and crocs. The new PvP will provide a new hope for the new players. 

Thank you  :)

P.S. I want a PvP connected to release and am not going to Chaos...thank you for the advice though :)

Pristine and Release are filled with old players who already have an advantage over you guys by knowing how to skill up more efficiently and how to build the best town defenses. Nothing would change by adding a new PvP server - Give it 6 months and it will be in the exact same state that Chaos is in currently. The new players on Pristine and Release who are actually new players without prior experience of the game would still be the underdogs. No matter what you would have to team up with older players to survive or struggle by constantly fighting against them.

• Like 4

I think that P&R players are under the misaprehension that because everyone one there rolled new toons that fights would be fair. All I can add is my condolences