Sign in to follow this  
Sharkin

Jobs?

I am a researcher at Vienna University of Technology in the domain of innovation management in charge of the subteam that does the analysis of a large interdisciplinary project.

Also worked as a liaison between VUT and the United Nations in an innovation project. That's all I can say too lol :)

Edited by Thorakkanath

Been working as a video editor/freelancer (3D graphics, special effects, sound etc.) for last 9 years, now after I've finally finished university (engineering informatics) I'm working as a C# developer full time for a company named Systems Integration Solutions, working on desktop applications and asp.net MVC websites.

Indie games developer here. I've only made one mobile game so far since I finished university a year ago, which did better than I thought it would, but wasn't a massive success.

If anyone is interested: http://www.stoneleafstudios.com/physworks.php :D

Excuse the not-so-great site, still working on that in my spare time.

What a fun little thread! quite amazed at the variety of jobs! (although I guess the computerstuff takes the lead)

Maybe I should join in, but I am not sure if it will have a positive desirable effect for me to publicly state my profession. Many crazy people on the internet! lol. Would be mean of me to post in this thread without at least a mention though, so ill say that I work in the music industry. I am my own boss and tend to travel a lot, hence why you often see me online at totally opposite timezones every month! (although that can be blamed on my serious lack of a steady sleeping rhythm as well) :)

I'm friends with some rather famous Alt-rockers that spend most of their time playing Farmville and Candy Crush. Oh, the life of the rich and famous. lol

I'm friends with some rather famous Alt-rockers that spend most of their time playing Farmville and Candy Crush. Oh, the life of the rich and famous. lol

Yah... I have a few cousins (actually, a LOT of cousins!) That play in bands, 2 of them very famous..... Funny thing is, you'd "think" with all there money they'd be spending it to live somewhere nice, relaxing, or something...... Not living in a apartment/small house and playing App-games. hehe

though, a few are addicted to the consoles.....(And one of them can even kick my butt! which isn't easy to do!)

I work in a pet store/grooming place as of Monday. Been tough so far but i love animals so i hope it works out.

terrys-pet-depot-pet-supplies.jpg

• Like 2

Dropping out of University to teach myself programming and mathematics. Got a part time job at a small supermarket.

As for eventual job, not a clue, anything stable that pays the bills would be fine by me. Got a few plans to travel.

Indie games developer here. I've only made one mobile game so far since I finished university a year ago, which did better than I thought it would, but wasn't a massive success.

If anyone is interested: http://www.stoneleafstudios.com/physworks.php :D

Excuse the not-so-great site, still working on that in my spare time.

I don't have smartphone device but as far as I can see on the video, nice game syn! my only grudge is the art xD ... glad to see another dev around :) .

Edited by rosedragon

I work as a lab technician for a soya, almond and juice beverage company in Canada. 

. . .  so if anyone has seen So Good, So Nice, Almond Fresh or Minute Maid (we co-pack for them) products for sale in Canadian stores, I (or one of my colleagues) has probably tested it to make sure it was safe to send to market.

I work as a lab technician for a soya, almond and juice beverage company in Canada.

. . . so if anyone has seen So Good, So Nice, Almond Fresh or Minute Maid (we co-pack for them) products for sale in Canadian stores, I (or one of my colleagues) has probably tested it to make sure it was safe to send to market.

"Hey man, this orange juice is WAY too sour."

" Yeah, not safe to send to market"

"Lets add some sugar!"

I'm sure it's much more detailed, this is just what I imagined :3

I work in a brass casting/machining foundry. I do a little bit of every thing but mainly I work on the melt deck melting brass.

Pic kind of gives an idea but its not mine as I am not allowed to photograph the workplace without good reason and permission... Plus i think this one is from India :P

brass-copper-foundries-india.jpg

Some more recent and better pics for you:

White sharks:

Ghost01_zps6185d97e.jpg

smooch02_zps66728dd4.jpg

Cuddles01_zps1c20c4ae.jpg

Common Dolphin:

leapingdolphin_zpsd18f9aa2.png

• Like 1