Sign in to follow this  
Sharkin

Jobs?

I'm curious, what do you wurmians work with? If you feel like sharing, go ahead! If you don't have a job, what would you like to work with?

I currently work at a body shop. It's not my dream job exactly, but it's alright.

I'd like to become a firefighter or cop, something like that. I also love music, but I'll keep that as a hobby.

Some pics.

Jc6EBCb.jpg

jQRZVMF.jpg

ZPHNFrZ.jpg

V7et1uG.jpg

3tfPgeH.jpg

lv9nnGs.jpg

• Like 2

I'm in warehousing, I drive industrial trucks.  These are just a few I can drive, I think I'm certified on 9 different types now lol.

06-0252_TSP6000_Series__Crown_Equipment_

RC3000.jpg

crown_reach_truck_rr5700_ig2_R.jpg

Crown_PR_4500-80_368047.jpg

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

I'm contracted with Chamberlain roofing and construction, I work on basically any commercial building you can find in the cities of Oklahoma and some in Arkansas Like these:

OKC Skyline:

Skyline_of_Oklahoma_City.jpg

Tulsa Skyline:

Tulsa_Skyline.jpg

Edited by AnonMalice
  • Like 1

I dont have any cool pictures like everyone else but I've worked as a fast food store manager, trained for 2 years as a cobbler and then in the last year or so I've traveled alot have worked in numerous bars, worked as a fundraiser for St John Ambulance, Worked in a warehouse (@Nomadikhan Was driving VNA trucks, FUN!), competed in underground cage fights and worked as promoter for night clubs. 

Who knows what I'll end up doing next but I ultimately think I'd like a job in either TV or Radio.

• Like 1

Im currently studying Civil Engineering. Last summer i worked in a rail construction company as a training engineer, helping out with managing site work, and then office work at the head quaters. In my course however i have a thing called a "sandwich year" which is essentially to get a job for a year (or there abouts) in industry. I managed to secure a job at the same company for the year, which is excellent news as the % rate for people getting placements is ~10%, so this puts me in a very strong position for my future career. 

I absolutely cannot wait for next year! :D

Edited by Redd

metropcs-t-mobile.jpg 

Manager for MetroPcs Corp Store

Edited by coldpain

Douchebag personal trainer.

Actually these days I'm spending more time running fitness bootcamps in San Francisco for companies. I like it. Keeps me exercising and outside a good bit.

Edited by BrandonSF
  • Like 1

I have the best job in the world, I sit in my car for 12-16 hours reading a book while the place I'm at is closed so that they get reduced insurance rates.  I wish I was joking...  I work as an overpaid security guard who is technically a supervisor but ends up filling in for shifts the other idiot guards don't show up for because they're stoned or drunk or...w.e.

Actually technically my job is to drive around from site to site making sure the minimum wage guards at the sites aren't sleeping, stoned or drunk, but I'm usually the goto guy for guards who don't show up cause I don't ever say no to my boss.  I'm a yes man!

Although I do take my laptop to some sites and connect it to my phone so I can play Wurm while I'm sitting in my car, that's why I'm always on Wurm.

You can be this too!  All you need is a clean criminal record, live in a big city, and be over the age of 25 (reduced insurance rates), just call your local security company and ask to apply for a 'patrol' position.  This is what kids aspire to be after they have a college education, yay free market economy!

Edited by Object
  • Like 6

I galvanize steel (by dipping the steel in 465 celcius hot liquid zinc) for the biggest automotive companies in the world.

Working in a man only environment with mainly big mouthed folks but with small hearts ;)

• Like 1

I'm currently unemployed and taking up my Master's degree in IT.. My classes are like only on the weekends, so I pretty much just play Wurm on the weekdays and of course, just do my university projects while playing Wurm..

Most probably i'll either be a developer or an IT instructor after I'm done with the course.

but my dream job is to be a game developer :D because I love coding, only if it's about games, if not then it's just an obligation lol

• Like 1

Finishing high school and I want to become a psychologist some day to help people with all sorts of problems :)

First dreamjob was to be a police officer / security guard.

IT at a big university.   Im the guy in charge of linking teachers with technology.    I get a lot of downtime (wich I spend in forums), but making sure that teachers learn how to do what they want to do with computers is challenging, and usually futile.

Although I do "fix" computers, software and hardware, the other guys at the office are more focused on that, Im the guy teachers look for when they want to be innovative in their classes, or when something doesnt work, or when they dont know how it works.

PS: over 50% of the problems related with teachers can be fixed by plugging the computer to an electrical outlet.

• Like 1

What a fun little thread! quite amazed at the variety of jobs! (although I guess the computerstuff takes the lead)

Maybe I should join in, but I am not sure if it will have a positive desirable effect for me to publicly state my profession. Many crazy people on the internet! lol. Would be mean of me to post in this thread without at least a mention though, so ill say that I work in the music industry. I am my own boss and tend to travel a lot, hence why you often see me online at totally opposite timezones every month! (although that can be blamed on my serious lack of a steady sleeping rhythm as well) :)

• Like 1

I manage and decide stuff of a vaguely accountancy-related nature for a big company that makes things that are pretty well-known but maybe a bit twentieth-century.  It isn't really conducive to photography: I could take a picture of my team but I doubt it would help.  I have various qualifications for doing this, but mostly I just do it.

What a fun little thread! quite amazed at the variety of jobs! (although I guess the computerstuff takes the lead)

Maybe I should join in, but I am not sure if it will have a positive desirable effect for me to publicly state my profession. Many crazy people on the internet! lol. Would be mean of me to post in this thread without at least a mention though, so ill say that I work in the music industry. I am my own boss and tend to travel a lot, hence why you often see me online at totally opposite timezones every month! (although that can be blamed on my serious lack of a steady sleeping rhythm as well) :)

link me to your musics please. Sometimes I need musicians for my games, tho I don't pay much :) .

im in the wemp industry, it is my dream job. also do substitute teaching, all grades (dont tell the kids~).

Residential electrician on the side. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap

Edited by Hogwash

link me to your musics please. Sometimes I need musicians for my games, tho I don't pay much :) .

haha well, I think I kind of outgrown the need to promote myself or get myself "out there", but I did do music for games before, A not-to-be-named expansion of the sims 2 has a simlish-version of my work, that was quite fun :)

If you are interested though, send me a forum PM and ill link you some of my stuff on youtube. Dont wish to bombard anyone with links unasked :)

• Like 1

Viti, feel free to send me a PM as well! I'd love to hear some. :)

I enjoyed reading all the posts. Keep em' coming!

I work as a Fo-Priest in Olympus Mons on Serenity. I sit around all day, take up space, use resources that I didn't create, and then ask for our resident Vynora-Priest for some Frostbrand on my many frying pans ( which may or may not be mine ).

It gets rough, somedays they make me farm, somedays they make me DO things... hoping on getting a promotion soon to champion or demigod, I hear they pay better, but there's a long list.... I don't like lists.

• Like 3

Untalented Electrical & Electronics Engineer that decided to go rogue after University graduation and become a badass Software Developer.