Sign in to follow this  
amberain80

Fatigue Timer

Apparently I hit a fatigue timer today digging. Which basically then makes it so you can't craft anymore. Asked a GM about it who said my character needed to rest. He didn't know when I get my restedness back or how much of it I get back when I do. He also told me there was no way for them to reset it and  that it might be due to the recent down time that my timer hasn't reset itself lately. Which is what probably made me hit the timer. 

I understand this is in the game to stop people who macro. But maybe it should just alert the GMs when you hit the cap, and make them macro check you personally. Then when you have been cleared they can reset your timer manually? or something like this. In a situation like this, where the down time made it get messed up I think they should be able to fix it. Even if its just Enki with the power to fix it, it should be doable imo.

LOL couldn't even ride back to my deed and get into a bed because I can't tame my horse now either ;)

• Like 12

"I really have the same problem all the time, so" +1

"" = sarcasm 

Something really needs to be done with it, I've hit it a few times now and it's annoying as crap. In most cases I only hit it when grinding WS, but when your ready to go for 12+ hours and hit it.... Yeah, not cool.

I'd really like it if it was just gone, or in some way, as you said, alerted the GM's or who ever "Hey! This guys been on a LOT! He may be macroing!

I consider it one of those stupid limits that shouldn't exist... I hate being limited to only being able to do so much grinding at any one time. :/

I'd settle for this, or even something else. As long as it allows me to continue doing what I was. +1

• Like 1

You get 1 hour back every 3 hours. The maximum is 12 hours.

Do /fatigue to find out what you have left. Iirc you get the "you feel rested" message in green in your eventlog, meaning you just gained a hour.

• Like 1

I have never gone below 10 hours because I am quite unwilling to grind, however I think this mechanic is a little bit restrictive for players who have the time to hit it through legitimate gameplay.

I like the suggestion that hitting the limit should be an addition to already existing GM tools in this regard, and that a GM should be able to determine legitimate gameplay and replenish fatigue in that instance, or ban if the rules are being broken.

Edited by Wossoo
  • Like 2

And got to ask... How many "bots" (never understand why it's called macroing two totally different things?) really would be stopped/prevented by the fatigue ATM? Aren't there better ways already to find em and shut em down? >_<

I could of seen using this many years ago, but now I'd hope they'd be able to tell in other ways.

So if I get this right....

So you get 12 hours of fatigue..

In the time it takes to burn those assuming 100% action time you generate 4 more right ...

So in burning those 4 you make 1..

And by the time you burn that one you are about 1 hour from another fatigue hour...

So basically if I solid-queue actions for 17 hours straight I can hit the cap ?

So if I get this right....

So you get 12 hours of fatigue..

In the time it takes to burn those assuming 100% action time you generate 4 more right ...

So in burning those 4 you make 1..

And by the time you burn that one you are about 1 hour from another fatigue hour...

So basically if I solid-queue actions for 17 hours straight I can hit the cap ?

Yes, or grind semi-ly on a 3 day weekend very very easily

Or repair walls which eat through fatigue

Edited by Druidnature

Our buddy Noizhead knows a thing or two about fatigue, he talks about it all the time

• Like 2

Yeah it's kinda funny, when I asked Rolf about this in IRC a year+ ago, He told me it's to level the playing field so folks with lots of time don't get too far ahead of others without as much time to play. That and you're stuck waiting for your /fatigue to fill back up slowly. In summary: He told me he had no problem with me paying for a game but being unable to use most features because I mined to much.

I suggest you taking up something like star gazing in game that doesn't use /fatigue. There must be a better way to handle being out of /fatigue as a player grinding a skill that uses it. To be locked out of most of the game for up to 3 hours is ridiculous. I hope that this thread causes the devs to rethink their approach and come up with a player friendly solution.

Edited by Pingpong

As I say, always will...

"I hate any game that limits me in skills, time, or otherwise inhabits my ability to bypass other players that don't spend as much time as I do working on skills"

Luckily, for the most part wurms "free" in this case. The fatigue is hard to hit, but when you do.... It punished you not only for that day, but for a few. Because you'll keep hitting it.

-_-

• Like 1

Fatigue is dumb. If you have time to play that much and you pay for premium, you deserve to be able to play. There are better ways to prevent macroing, and you can't try to prevent a hardcore player from getting ahead of a casual player. It just won't work, no matter how hard you try. Twelve or more hours versus one or two hours; do the math.

• Like 1

Seeing as I'm notorious for butting heads with the fatigue cap, I have a solution.

Freedom and Epic have separate fatigue caps.

When you hit fatigue on one cluster, jump to the other and mess around for a bit.

better yet run a alt, it be crazy hard to hit cap with 2 characters

I run 3-4.... Wanna bet? T_T

I run 3-4.... Wanna bet? T_T

if 1 person is grinding 17 hours on 4 character then he has to be botting, or he simply mentally insane and don't use bathroom, eat drink have a life... coz you can simply lets alts rest while focus more on the others.

unless ofc you using vyn spell that convert fatigue to SB in which case, its your own fault

it is an ancient system that should just be removed. They have much better ways now to catch people who use macro's. 

• Like 1

How about

Once a player hits the fatigue a message will be sent to the nearest mental hospital from the player that they've got a patient missing?

• Like 4

How about

Once a player hits the fatigue a message will be sent to the nearest mental hospital from the player that they've got a patient missing?

yup, they pick the place you're living in by IP account.

Fatigue timer is only another resource to deal with, and there are a lot of skills that do not use it.

if 1 person is grinding 17 hours on 4 character then he has to be botting, or he simply mentally insane and don't use bathroom, eat drink have a life... coz you can simply lets alts rest while focus more on the others.

unless ofc you using vyn spell that convert fatigue to SB in which case, its your own fault

If bottng is using hands, I'm guilty! Lol

But no, No vyn spells, dual monitor set up, and usually mining, blacksmithing, fine carpentry, weapon smithing, armour smithing, and spamming prayers. I can easily drain 2 accounts to 0, and I've done so with all of them once (nearly twice, the day after) it's really easy to do. You don't have to do something all in one day...

If you grind a lot today for example, and then again tomorrow.... You may hit it, then you won't be able to really play for 24 hours, and if you start again right after that , your going to hit it yet again. It's quiet easy to hit.

All my fun time goes to gaming, as I don't care to go out and do things other people my age do... So that fatigue definitely gets hit. (Yes, legitly!).

:P

• Like 1

I have never hit "fatigue". I really didn't even know about it until a fanatical mining friend told me about his problems with it. I do occasionally see the "rested" message but don't know the reason for that coming up either. Anyway, if this fatigue mechanic is to prevent players from grinding skills too much it seems a rather absurd concept to me and should be done away with. People pay to play the game and should then be able to do so for however many hours they choose. If this is some type of bot preventing method then it might be a worthwhile mechanic, although if it prevents regular play for extended periods of time a better solution should be found.

=Ayes=

• Like 1