Sign in to follow this  
stars

Wagons: What do you put in for your storage needs?

Built the wagon and have five large crates, two small one and a few rafts in mine.  Just wondering what others put in their wagons for storage, and why?  I have rafts in mine as the crates level out quality, so I prefer to have some options to keep the high ql stuff high in the rafts.  Other options?

backpacks are great aswell, even if we got new stuff, we shouldnt forget that the old things worked quite well too =)

• Like 1

I hope you don't mind, moved to the Town Square where this thread will probably be loved more as it is about Wurm and not what you had for breakfast :P

• Like 1

I actually see myself using the wagon far more often as a giant chest rather then as a wagon.

one wagon with just rafts. This one is for piles of items that won't go in BSB: tools, skill grinding items, unfinished items.  

one wagon with 9 large crates in it and use that for logs. This setup is more advantageous then using BSB.

one wagon empty for moving loaded things around.

• Like 2

Loading wagons and my Knarr the past few. Days. Something's like looms and forges take up a lot of room, But was very happy to be able to pickup my large magic chests and bring all if them to new home .

Will admit though. Can't put much on a Knarr and load wagon back on Knarr at same time . I'm trying to make 1. I can leave behind at main deeds and one on old server .

Also kinda sucks I can't load large magic chests that are on my deed but I'm not the owner . Only kinda sucks cus still happy I could get my own four home,

Hoping someone will test it all out and wiki it for us , I plann to test how many forges will fin my Knarr. I have 15 on deli and 20 on cele old home. Got ten beds off old server hate leaving things to rot but was to hard to sell deeds with two to three large magic chests and traders and riffed veins to costly till now

• Like 2

I am using a mix of large crates small crates and rafts also. for now I like the options that presents.

• Like 1

I actually see myself using the wagon far more often as a giant chest rather then as a wagon.

one wagon with just rafts. This one is for piles of items that won't go in BSB: tools, skill grinding items, unfinished items.  

one wagon with 9 large crates in it and use that for logs. This setup is more advantageous then using BSB.

one wagon empty for moving loaded things around.

Good idea to build one or two just for storage purposes as you mentioned. Somehow this never occurred to me but I can see the versatility of them when used in the manner you described. Nice tip.

=Ayes=

And thus the nerf on decay rate of things inside wagons begins because it's "un-intended"...

Well there goes that idea, back to those other things I've hidden >_>

Edited by Druidnature

I have 5 large crates, 5 small crates, 2 rafts, a large barrel (water and food and meat storage while hunting) and a number of small barrels (5 so far) can also fit for clay or what not. 

Ayes, you can use the crates on the ground as well. You don't need a wagon for storage. Of course, they hold less than a bsb but a smaller container for some things might be welcome - peat and kindling comes to mind near your forges and/or ovens.

Another nice thing with the crates is this... Unload a full crate at your delivery point, pick up an empty crate they have waiting for you. I made a 4x1 with double doors on each end as a "wagon depot" so the writ can be set for shipping and receiving needs. A wagon and team fit very nicely inside. I view my wagon just as I would a train. I don't deal in bulk services but I have ordered bulk and this makes it much easier for the seller to deliver. I just imagine an invisible hoist system inside the wagon. :-P

Everything not nailed down, and then I go back for the nails. ...Cause I hate spending the time making them.

• Like 1