Sign in to follow this  
Malena

Private message tab should blink non-stop until tab is opened

On a daily basis I miss private messages which are sent to me in the game since my eyes are on other parts of the screen. Right now the tab blinks a couple of times and turns red when a new message arrives. I totally miss those couple of first blinks since my eyes are elsewhere. The best solution would be for a tab to remain blinking until opened. 

blinking.gif

To customize which private messages blink and from whom (I mean some people's messages are more important to you than others!), allow the possibility to toggle blinking on and off by right clicking the tab. This will also serve those people who find blinking tabs irritating (although the tabs in Wurm are so tiny and unobtrusive that I would find it hard to believe anyone thinking they're irritating)

chatblink.jpg

I'm not the only one who misses them. Missing private messages is such a prevalent issue that when I bring my friends to try out the game, I often have to tell them in Facebook "hey, I sent you a private message in wurm" for them to notice it. So I know it's not just me. 

Edit: Since there are a lot of blink haters out there, an alternative could be to keep the mechanics the way they are now but ADD that option from right clicking the tab so that at least people like myself could turn on blinking for a particular friend if we wanted.

Edited by Malena
  • Like 6

another +1. i keep failing to see the PMs and realise i got a pm after some time and in some situations it is "too late"

if it is toggleable sure. if it is un-toggleable.. no.. i already got seizures from orange texts.

Yeah sure, why not?  -- as long as you can toggle it off.

• Like 1

I agree as long as its something we can toggle

I would love to also be able to toggle k and gl chats, some times i just don't care to read them. I just click the tabs real quick to make the red go away.

Poor Silakka and Cista - both victims from me never seeing their PMs :((( You guys can prove it happens!

Edited by Malena
  • Like 1

Make it an option, I already hate the 50 red tabs I get, don't need them all flashing at me also.

+/-1

I agree as long as its something we can toggle

I would love to also be able to toggle k and gl chats, some times i just don't care to read them. I just click the tabs real quick to make the red go away.

Use /gchat and /kchat

Conley if it can be disabled, I don't want flashes...ugh, that's get annoying.

(I'm use to raiding/arena games, the smallest things catch my eyes, and this could get annoying.)

-1. Unless theres a client option.

Edit: Blar u did say theres an option, -1 all the same.

Edited by Redd

Redd, out of curiosity - why would you -1 a feature that could be exactly as you know the game now, would not change your gaming experience in any way, yet would help a lot of people? (this is if the feature would be turned off by default and could be turned on in the tab by those who want it)

I really like this as an option, I want Village/Alliance messages to draw my attention more than kchat which come more frequently.

+1 to having it possible on *all* chats. But only if you can toggle it, it'd even be nice to turn off the tabs lighting up all together imo.

• Like 1

+1 to having it possible on *all* chats. But only if you can toggle it, it'd even be nice to turn off the tabs lighting up all together imo.

Yeah you're right. I only occasionally follow the general chats, so it's irritating that they're always red for me. And true, a blinking option would be great for chat channels as well for those who follow them.

/me adds this to his secret todo list (I will probably make it disabled by default and toggle-able on tab basis)

• Like 2

Oh and, if possible - it would be great if once set for a certain friend - say her name was "Lucy" - the game would always remember that whenever Lucy comes-a-callin', the user wishes to see her messages blinking. It would be a pain to have to set that every time, especially since the most urgent point at which the problem occurs is upon even noticing that very first message in the current gaming session - so that's when it's most needed.