Sign in to follow this  
Zivirt

20fs minimum to cap battle camps

I think capping battle camps should require at the very least, 20fs, similar to many other features of chaos/epic including capping hota pillars. The reason being, if there's a battle camp in a spot that could in any way be dangerous, someone can run up an alt, with under 20fs, and cap the battle camp, and any retaliation from another kingdom will gain nothing from that. Especially if the battle camp is near a deed and said alt can just repeatedly spawn and run back to cap it, while the main account can just sit barely in local and gain rank from the alt capping the camp. 

• Like 5

Definitely a +1 from me, using your froob alt to gain yourself the benefits of capping a camp sounds like outright exploitation to me. Aren't they meant to be there to help promote pvp? Using the above technique you could keep champs fed and everything.

Seems like an unfinished feature

Do guards even spawn? I'm sure Rolf will get around to finalising it at some point

+1 even i'm the one who was capping it before, Zivirt. This change it could have been implemented before!

Also remove champion points from battlecamps because it's so easy cap one.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

yeah you get a spawn or like 5 or 6 guards when you cap it but thats it. and they don't even stay in the battle camp area afaik. 

4 regular guards and Lt. spawned at camp i capped yesterday.

+1 to suggestion

+1 even i'm the one who was capping it before, Zivirt. This change it could have been implemented before!

Also remove champion points from battlecamps because it's so easy cap one.

Yes removing champ points from it is a must, too

+1 to 20 FS requirement.

I dont see why you would want the champ points removed from it, other than, MR currently has 3 Champs... JK 0. ;)

It takes now what, 10+ minutes to cap one? That's plenty of time.

However, I think the guards of the camp should respawn just as if it was a tower.

remove BC from Chaos

or at least

remove champ points from BC

anyway only prem 70+ fs should cap BC

I dont see why you would want the champ points removed from it, other than, MR currently has 3 Champs... JK 0. ;)

Before to write this thing, do you know what your kingdom tried to do while JK and BL had champions?

They should spawn waves just like regular towers do IMO.  Don't see why such, supposedly strategicly important assets are so easily capturable.

Sounds like this is a great idea, how about on Pillars at HoTA also?  Sounds like a great addition to me.

Before to write this thing, do you know what your kingdom tried to do while JK and BL had champions?

Yes, we worked to dechamp them, obviously.  We got a kill on Bloodyhell as he was heading up after a restart to (I'm assuming here, but hell, he did exactly what we expected) conquer battlecamp goreplain.  At least now there's a 10 minute warning rather than the 'Oh, btw, so-and-so just conquered a battlecamp. Just so you know' messages that we got previously.

Regardless, whether they give points or not, still shouldn't be something that a freshly created account can just run up and nab.

Sounds like this is a great idea, how about on Pillars at HoTA also?  Sounds like a great addition to me.

That's already the fact of the matter.

And, I don't see why you wouldn't want champ points from battle camps. They're all in interesting locations, putting trapping potential to a great effect.

Yes, we worked to dechamp them, obviously.  We got a kill on Bloodyhell as he was heading up after a restart to (I'm assuming here, but hell, he did exactly what we expected) conquer battlecamp goreplain.  At least now there's a 10 minute warning rather than the 'Oh, btw, so-and-so just conquered a battlecamp. Just so you know' messages that we got previously.

Regardless, whether they give points or not, still shouldn't be something that a freshly created account can just run up and nab.

Grats on the kill but you also used some other ways too. Annoying GMs

No, I didn't, but I can't speak for others.  From what I understand, complaints were raised when players managed to hop gods while a champ, as that's not meant to happen.  

Frankly, I didn't really care too much - didn't change how I played to try and get kills on 'em.

• Like 1

remove hota/glimmer/addy and battle camps from chaos, it should be an epic only thing....

can we please stay on topic. if you think champ points should be removed from battlecamps or that they should be removed from chaos (lol) make your own thread and keep it out of here

remove hota/glimmer/addy and battle camps from chaos, it should be an epic only thing....

hey they pvp too!

even if it is against alts.. or when i pop local due to teleporting into to hom

sorry bout that

but +1 again