Sign in to follow this  
silentninja

Dog breeds

So Ive played for alittle while now and I've been looking at this same dog skin for awhile of "dog" what about adding breeds to the game for a multitude of purposes and uses.

Such as a German shepard, pitbull, boxer,or other fighting dogs. They get a slightly higher FS then the other dogs.

Maybe labs, beagles, brittneys, or hounds for hunting purposes. Maybe the point/bark and deer or phesant to let you know they are close by.

Collies, and Shepards for farm use. Just a though instead of just a wierd brown thing. Give a minor increase to animal husbandry or make finding livestock animals easier.

Or maybe youd like your bestfriend and companion by you in the game. All just thought and ideas to make the game a more personal/ exciting one.

• Like 8

I like this idea i think they need more breeds :) Same with horses haha

Edited by Mirai

Aye it would be awesome for different pet breeds to have enhanced functionality. Aside from the additional models required (hah suck it gfx team!), would need alot more traits too.

Even more models and traits aside, if a pet dog could be used to track players or animals that would be awesome. Not to mention other additional pet functionality: guarding, patrolling, "assassin-ating", hunting, gathering herbs (pigs), etc. Course diffferent species would have differing advantages and disadvantages.

EDIT: Come to think of it, perhaps some kind of modular model system used to visually indicate a trait. Broader nose for better sense of smell for example.

Edited by Klaa

Good idea. That would indeed be an interesting angle. This could also be expanded to include other kinds of critters as well.

Would be cool to have the herding dogs able to move your animals when they get in contract if you set a general direction on the dog. That would help a ton when you need to fix a fence and round all the horses up.

I posted this a few months back except I included cat breeds too, the cat part was -1 by a few only because of making a hostile animial domestic. But most of them  liked the idea of being able to breed domestic breed cats from wild ones.. (So long as spawned wild cats remained hostile)
The dog thing was completely supported.
Sorry, just summing up how my thread turned out.

+1 to dogs regardless, but def still want to see cats too. Pets in general as its just something else to trade and play around with.

Edited by AlexLong

Would really like to see the ability to breed 2 wild cats and produce a housecat =P

+1 to diferent breeds of tameable or neutral animals.

Also, a simpler and less texture consuming method, would be if animals with diferent special traits would be tinted with diferent colours, or/and the exceptional creatures like champions, could be escaled up, so we can recognice them better.

-1 to real world breeds (names) in game

+1 to wurmian specific breeds

• Red Magranon Spitz
    • 4GjbKci.jpg

• Mol Rehan Terrier
    • FRUZVRl.jpg

Something like these, but better.

Edited by Elen
  • Like 2

+1 this and the whole improving of breeding altogether, we need it. Atm the timers on breeding seem okay, it's just.. The variety lacks.

and while we are at it, please add different colour roses too.  White ones, yellow, pink, red, bluish.  

I agree wholeheartedly with this idea. Even if it means that for now, the different breeds would be just different visually, and the underlying stat differences and code customization would come later.

On the flip side, having a dog like the one in Morrowen's avatar running around would probably give me nightmares :)