Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

NOTICE: Container bug / Leveling disabled

When you say traceable do you mean traceable like the last time leveling was broken when you said it was tracable when 15 people or so abused it to literally raise an island out of nowhere but only one person actually got in trouble?

Edited by KellyTxX

I leveled today, didn't care about possible ban because;
Wurm isn't going to ban me if I accidentally do some weird ass exploit. So long as I don't say "Hey, this makes everything easier and I can gain from it, I will repeat this over and over again".
Just relax.

you are either slowly taking dirt from corners or putting dirt in to corners... If something else happens other than that, BE AFRAID BECAUSE as soon as you report it the GM's will come and ban all your accounts then come to your house and steal your cat and drink all the milk in your fridge.

Lol, there's a very good reason they don't tell you the exploit, because trust me, people would definitely be trying to reproduce it, and no, not just a "few" bad apples.

I wouldn't worry about leveling, from the sounds of it, it's extremely noticeable. (Maybe it makes huge craters) or instant-use. Sounds extreme what ever the case. Now, if you notice your standing in a 200-slope hole all the sudden...

>_>

luckly? I'd say retardedly.

I mean we have no idea how its supposed to work, since there's no official documentation, then they say you can't use it cause there's an exploit, but we dont' know what the exploit is.

Then they say we can use it again, but if we exploit, we will be banned, but we still don't know what the freaking exploit is.

So MAYBE a freaking normal and logical person MIGHT consider telling us what's te expected behaviour so we can report when we get the unexpected (read exploit) one.

So please document what is considered expected and normal behaviour, so we are clear to what isn't?

I don't understand the freaking allergy wurm team as to explain new mechanics and what is supposed to be happening so we can help bug fix.

For all we know this has been bugged since leveling was released but never identified because no documentation on what leveling is supposed to do came out.

Same crap happened with the changes to farming. Why doesn't Baron (the PR guy) start doing this kind of stuff? I mean photoshopping a banner with his face on it isn't exactly a 2 week ordeal.

I might be unfair at this point, and him working way more behind the scenes. But with new team we kinda expected things to improve, but still here we are under the threat of a ban for an exploit no one knows what it is.

PS: what about the containers issue? resolved, unresolved? Some freaking updates would be nice.

I totally agree with the sentiment here.

I know what 1 of the exploits is as I over heard it in CA help. This is an issue, but I can tell you it has never happened to me. It would always stop me. But I still DO NOT agree this should be kept secret or be a bannable offence. As I seen some state they play alt accounts at the same time, switching between them. One could be leveling with one account and making bricks with the other, and just completely not notice that the leveling account is exploiting and be completely oblivious to this.

Cause for a ban? I don't think so. Is it really worth banning a player and losing their monthly moolah over this tiny little exploit? Considering you guys are still allowing us to level instead of disabling it, its like laying a piece of cake next to a dog and expecting him not to take a bite (Or at least sniff it). It's not fair to keep secrets from the players investing their time and money into your game. We deserve every right to know what it is that could possibly cause us a ban. You want us to feel more like a community? Then letting us in on such information like this is important.

Even if its just informing us premium players with a PM or something ingame. We should at least have a right to know in some way shape or form, as we all spent months, even years skilling our characters, and to be banned over a little exploit like this is just outright ridiculous. And as stated you guys can track, so whats the big deal? I'm just going to have to sit here shaking my head at what a great team this is. You want us to keep investing money into your games but then turn around and ban us for using a feature that's in the game, its pretty sad if I'm honest. If you're not going to inform us of this exploit, then disable leveling. What have you got to lose? It's just gold *cough* I mean dirt....

I know what 1 of the exploits is as I over heard it in CA help. This is an issue, but I can tell you it has never happened to me. It would always stop me. But I still DO NOT agree this should be kept secret or be a bannable offence. As I seen some state they play alt accounts at the same time, switching between them. One could be leveling with one account and making bricks with the other, and just completely not notice that the leveling account is exploiting and be completely oblivious to this.

Cause for a ban? I don't think so. Is it really worth banning a player and losing their monthly moolah over this tiny little exploit? Considering you guys are still allowing us to level instead of disabling it, its like laying a piece of cake next to a dog and expecting him not to take a bite (Or at least sniff it). It's not fair to keep secrets from the players investing their time and money into your game. We deserve every right to know what it is that could possibly cause us a ban. You want us to feel more like a community? Then letting us in on such information like this is important.

Even if its just informing us premium players with a PM or something ingame. We should at least have a right to know in some way shape or form, as we all spent months, even years skilling our characters, and to be banned over a little exploit like this is just outright ridiculous. And as stated you guys can track, so whats the big deal? I'm just going to have to sit here shaking my head at what a great team this is. You want us to keep investing money into your games but then turn around and ban us for using a feature that's in the game, its pretty sad if I'm honest. If you're not going to inform us of this exploit, then disable leveling. What have you got to lose? It's just gold *cough* I mean dirt....

Got to remember they may not actually be banning them... They could always say that to make sure nobody try's to while there fixing it. Doesn't mean they actually will, more less without making 100% certain that the player knew he was doing it.

Ban all the exploiters! Rabble rabble!

No but seriously from what I hear when they say it's an obvious bug they aren't lying and if you're using it you probably should be banned.

On another note I've been leveling like a mad man this whole time! Muahahahaha!

Seriously guys?  Why all the energy being spent on this?  The leveling feature is a short-cut to lower or raise a tile to match the level of a flat one you're standing on.  You can do exactly the same thing by simply digging or dropping dirt on the far corners of that tile.  You are not prevented from terraforming even if you are afraid of a ban, just don't use the leveling feature!  I'm not aware of any GM or dev saying that digging is also susceptible to this bug, only the leveling feature has been mentioned and that feature is not the only way to get the same result.

Some of you guys will complain about anything.

Ricowan,

I think the issue - for at least some of us - was not what was broken and how, but after seeing a rather sten warning in game and coming here to see the same warning without any explanation what it is that we should be avoiding, we felt both worried to get banned by accident and concerned about the apparent lack of trust. Most often it's not what you say but how you say it.

But initial knee jerk reactions aside, Retrograde has been handling this issue very well and with his later explanations has been saying all the right things. Now, I understand that it is important for some reason to keep the nature of the exploit hidden (for the best of the game, not out of distrust for the players), I feel trusted as a player and I also feel we are all on the same team. Not sure about others, but I am very sattisfied with how this is being handled. The communication with the PR department makes all the difference here. In so many games, we would hear nothing at all.

So, I agree with you. This issue is best put to rest now. It will be fixed, we can't get banned accidentally, so let's go back to digging! :)