Sign in to follow this  
vasisuelle

Field tiles self re-planting

Dear fellow wurmians, 

check please and comment that suggestion.

When you forget about your fields they turn into a rotten weeds and soon they turn into a dirt and grass a bit later.

In real life that didn't happen that soon. Any crops are able to drop seeds and re-plant themselves. 

Let's ask for that implementation in Wurm. 

Developers can limit ammount of harvest of such re-planted fields to 1 handful of wheat, 1 strawberry, 1 pumpkin et.c. 

UPD: replanting only occurs when a field dies

Edited by vasisuelle

Would make sense, and I would like it (would keep my farms nice and green even when I'm on vacation irl, so just for the looks it would be nice)

But it would be the enchanted-grass equivelant for cattle/horse feeding again, unless tiles can not resow themself if animals are present.

But it would be the enchanted-grass equivelant for cattle/horse feeding again, unless tiles can not resow themself if animals are present.

No. Just because grazers eat grass and pack dirt

You do know they graze on farm tiles right? Unless you suggest that cattle/horses should only eat grass?

Edited by Lycanthropic

You do know they graze on farm tiles right? Unless you suggest that cattle/horses should only eat grass?

Yes, in that case farm tiles should be destroyed. And if it's state "rotten weeds" then it should self-replant.

+1 to weeds replanting, IRL it's known as "going to seed". Harvest should be limited to half your usual yield at 1ql, OR as suggested just a single unit.

-1 to self replanting crops growing over and over. Weeds overtaking the fields make sense, especially in herbicide-free conditions. If you don't want to tend to your crops, you should lose them, just like you do now. We're rather fortunate, that you don't have to tend them at all even, before harvesting.

-1 to self replanting crops growing over and over. Weeds overtaking the fields make sense, especially in herbicide-free conditions.

We can limit self replanting to 2 times.

This actually makes a lot of sense, I actually came here to do exactly what Protunia did and -1 the suggestion because I didn't understand the whole idea, but as long as the replanting only occurs when a field dies then I'm all for it.  If it replanted when you harvested it or when animals ate it then that would be bad, which is what I thought this idea meant when I seen it.

This actually makes a lot of sense, I actually came here to do exactly what Protunia did and -1 the suggestion because I didn't understand the whole idea, but as long as the replanting only occurs when a field dies then I'm all for it.  If it replanted when you harvested it or when animals ate it then that would be bad, which is what I thought this idea meant when I seen it.

Added your words to 1st post. ty.

Here is what I think could happen......If you tend to a field that has gone to weeds you have a chance at some seed only no crop that is edible.

But after it has gone to weeds I would rather see it turn to a Grass or Steppe tile than replant itself into a cycle of never ending farm tiles.

-1. In real life if you never tend your fields to the point that your crops are rotting and being taken over by weeds the contention would probably be too high for the seeds to sprout properly (and that's depending on if the crop didn't drain the nutrients from your soil and make it too salty for the next year). Take care of your fields if you want them producing.

Edited by Stonesolid

-1 do not bring automation to wurm, and not everything needs logic behind it. we have dragons ffs. stop trying to make wurm real life, just go out in the sun once in a while. on another note i do suggest we have farms like irl such as you can only plant certain crops in different seasons.

-1 do not bring automation to wurm, and not everything needs logic behind it. we have dragons ffs. stop trying to make wurm real life, just go out in the sun once in a while. on another note i do suggest we have farms like irl such as you can only plant certain crops in different seasons.

Show me the dragon. >_>

But seriously, I don't like the idea myself. Unless it's somehow limited to only once and maybe a % chance of that failing, then I've got to say -1

you mean no farming at all in wintertimes?

how would we be able to get time to sow all kinds of seeds then or you mean farmers should specialize in certain crops?

if this happends i guess most ppl need to start do farming themself then since it proberly will be hard to keep up with all wemp for ropemakers and so on