Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Features You Enjoy Most in New Patch 1.2

I thought it would be interesting the read what others enjoy most in the new update Patch 1.2. In this way we might discover things we have not used yet and look forward to using them when time allows. Also might get some further insight into their procedures and benefits.

The first thing I did on one of my premium guys was to go around and pick up a number of discarded beds, chests and barrels that I had my eye on for when the Load option was enabled. I had recently made a new Inn and they were most helpful to fill up the empty space with items for others to use. Not to mention that previously they were only eyesores on the environment slowly decaying away. 

Next I built a Wagon, since I needed to rebuild 5 palisades and had been waiting until Wagons were enabled. Their ability to hold 50 felled trees was a great help in reducing trips back and forth with the large cart previously, which only holds 18. They look pretty impressive as well with the four horses hitched. I have not yet seen them clattering down the roadways driven by others but no doubt that must be an impressive sight. Only wish I have on them is that they could be dragged around unloaded to store away easily or drag into the horse farms to hitch them up.

The new Crafting Menu is excellent and I used it for building the Wagon. Takes a short time to understand the basics of it and I can see it has great potential for reducing repeated click through menus, such as on the small anvil to create small nails. So I would be interested to hear what others have enjoyed to have found to make their Wurm experience a more pleasant one. No doubt I will have others to add as I use them in the days to come. All in all an excellent patch well done by Rolf and Company.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 1

Crafting window is probably the best thing to come along in a while. Training ropemaking with one click, Making nails ect takes 1/4 of the time it used to. Only downside to this is even running three toons I find myself having a good 15-20 seconds of nothing to do while all the timers burn down. Not that its a bad thing, but Mabey add a Pong Mini game :lol: ?

Ofc crafting window. For obvious reasons.

Crafting is much more enjoyable now, best addition i can think of last years.

• Like 3

I got a rare wagon, but still have to go with crafting window since it's so well made.

and hey.. fur rugs are a nice addition aswell ^.^

They look pretty impressive as well with the four houses hitched.

I bet the view is quite spectacular with hitched houses haha

Edited by silakka

Load/unload... as you stated in the OP, I had things lined up and waiting for that feature to arrive.

I'm also enjoying the capability of being able to move piles without the use of inventory.

I know everyone is mostly stoked about the crafting table, but no personal interest from me.

I'm also enjoying the capability of being able to move piles without the use of inventory.

This.

This is some carpal tunnel vaccine right here.

• Like 1

Container to Container dragging is the feature I always wanted in Wurm. We use moving of any goods so much in this game that it is a true 1.0 feature and it makes the game very much user friendly. The crafting is a mayor plus too and the ability to place ingredients in to craft. 

I cant thank the staff enough, I guess prem time is my way to say thank you. 

• Like 3

lets just remember how nice this is and not be so standoffish when there are talks about improvements. I myself have been fast to -1 a suggestion without thinking how it might work out if tweaked a little. 

For me, it's the crates. I know that we are still exploring how they compare to rafts and bulk storage devices, but I love the functionality they add.

Second would be the ability to load items on cart. Not sure why, but it's so much fun to do so :) And, of course, it adds so much to the game.

Loading for me. You can just load an entire cart into your knarr and sail off :D It's cool as hell.

Although, I can't diss on the crates. They're pretty sweet.

• Like 2

1. Loading  and Crates!!!

2. Rendering improvements

and this because of using many Java versions ;-)  :

• Startup check for 64-bit java
Edited by vill

what il enoy the most its something that wasnt announced,u can know who sends you things before getting them on the mail now

I bet the view is quite spectacular with hitched houses haha

Ahhh, spellcheck lacks a logic check. Corrected, thanks.

=Ayes=

crafting window and then loading function. last is wagons.. not for use tho.. more for.. omg how did the bid goes that high..

Wait a second WAIT A SECOND! Does this mean i dont have to spend ages in someone else's deed to imp up a loom for them?! :D And I thought the crafting window would be the best...

Well, I'm still waiting to get my new comp so not able to play much lately but I did get to play around with the new crafting window.  I absolutely love it.  It was so needed and they did a fantastic job designing it.  The only thing I'd like to see added is to add it to the old hot bar since I don't use the new one and for some reason the "B" doesn't work for me to open it.  Have to use the main menu unless I'm missing something somewhere. Wasn't able to play long. Other than that it's perfect so far.

Also noticed the tips bar and the icons telling you of your bonuses and such.  Nice touches.  :)

Wait a second WAIT A SECOND! Does this mean i dont have to spend ages in someone else's deed to imp up a loom for them?! :D And I thought the crafting window would be the best...

If you are referring to the Load option, then yes you could build and imp up looms at your place but to load them requires a Wagon, so someone will still have to have one of those to pickup or deliver the loom. Another thing is, I am not sure if you can Unload items like this on someone else's deed tiles. Possibly it can be done inside of houses if you are on the Writ. All yet to be determined I guess.

=Ayes=

First thing was making a wagon and a few crates. Was nice to quickly pick up 15 dirt piles and toss in a bsb near home

. Then I set out on my Knarr with wagon. Grabbing my rare and high ql forges ovens loom . Plus beds I left at old deeds. Great so far but have to leave behing wagon. . So I'm thinking future I'll sail with two Knarrs.

Been working 14 hr days all week and this week to so not much else yet but craft window. My wrists love it

all good stuff... need to complain just about:

speed of wagons

reinforced floors insite of deed

recrutment boards useless on chaos

hmm just a thought can you load the ship transporters onto a ship while the ship transporter has another ship on it?

Bugs, lag, and disconnects.

/sarcasm

On a more serious note, I like the new transferring items between containers directly without using the inventory.

Just made a lot of reinforcement beams and reinforced 25 mine floor tiles in public mine next to my deed. Great to now have them protected from newbies and f2p players mischief or merely not knowing better. Glad to have this option now available.

Also the new Crafting Interface was a great help in making 50 iron ribbons. Just click large anvil on ground and add to crafting window, then take glowing lumps, add to other small window, click combine, select queue number and press create. Great timesaver.

=Ayes=