Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

Sorcery: Evocator Info

So I ate a red Cherry from Valrei.

My title is Evocator so i was like cool maybe ill get to summon a creature like the sorcery page says.

Anyway if anyone is thinking about what it does...

I got a 50% poison buff (yay?) and a 30% damage debuff (OUCH) Yes it does suck as bad as it sounds!

Anyway so the spell I got has nothing to do with summoning a creature.

Its called Karma bolt and it takes like 1000 karma to cast and does one low very damage infection wound.

Thought I would share before anyone else gimps their account for no reason. Cheers!

we all knew.. why do you think i put the value of teh red cherry at 5i 

I'll be honest though it's unfair, because there was also physical damage buff that was 50%, and reduced down to 5%.  The debuff should be lowered as well to keep it fair.  

I thought I would be summoning something cool since I'm an Evocator. I do a little fart poof for 8 infection damage. It takes 10 seconds to squeeze it out too,

Ill post the results as I use it but at 1000 karma a pop it wont be often, maybe ill get a good poof someday. Trying to stay positive although my destruction at the hands of otutki or w/e makes me sad. The god news I figure is I will die alot less and craft more, or something since this is gonna drastically alter my play style. I can't very well be running around doing my chuck norris in this situation anymore.

Edited by Suntzu
  • Like 1

Perhaps we should start discussing all buffs/debuffs openly like this just so that we can properly balance all of them.
Besides it's only a matter of time until someone finds all the info about them in the jar.

• Like 13

Perhaps we should start discussing all buffs/debuffs openly like this just so that we can properly balance all of them.

Besides it's only a matter of time until someone finds all the info about them in the jar.

Pandoras jar? ^_^

I think it should be openly discussed

The initial idea is great, but the balance seems to be way off.

I think as it is currently it you manage to gather all the abilities on one character you are going to have a character that is weaker against everything but has a lot of spells that it probably wont be able to use freely due to a lack of karma.

Just as a side note the physical damage debuff was originally a lot worse then it is now, as in you would have taken double damage.

Why exactly isnt it being openly discussed anyway? You know its the biggest problem with this game: the amount of secrecy of some of the features.... 

From my side it is simply because I have not really involved my self with the epic abilities, only started to look more closely at them when I worked on the buff bar.
As for why the community is not talking about it, I guess because they don't want to reveal their weaknesses to others.

• Like 1

Well 50% would have been insane, 30% is quite alot in a fight after a few hits it really stacks up.

The spell is extremely underwhelming, I would not call it powerful or dangerous.

I'll discuss any buff I get otherwise how do we know whats working.

The poison buff is basically useless, no one uses venom.

I wish Evocator could do what it was meant to do. Summon spirits or whatever.

The debuff is not worth this horrible spell.

For the last few days I was pumped, thought I was gonna be summoning things.

After spending 50s to get a star gem for my staff I am sad panda.

Edited by Suntzu

it would be fair if there is poison damage from pvp :P ..

No one uses poison in pvp... Well you might get some weirdo trying it once a year tbh.

It wont matter with my powerful debuff and useless spell I wont see much action in the field.

I have a death wish but its not that much of a death wish.

The spell is the nothing usefull in pvp to balance such a nasty debuff.

Edited by Suntzu

From my side it is simply because I have not really involved my self with the epic abilities, only started to look more closely at them when I worked on the buff bar.

As for why the community is not talking about it, I guess because they don't want to reveal their weaknesses to others.

More than half of the community can't even use them if we wanted to talk about the abilities....we were told when it released that Freedom/Chaos would get sorcery as well but nooooooooooope, another forgotten promise.

Not forgotten, just worked on other things. 

I will see if I can get a list with the abilities and their buffs/debuffs up next week, I should probably include cost and cast time, will probably not mention which item gives what and their titles, just to keep some secrecy.

I think the title is more of a reference to dnd evocation school of magic then anything else. 

• Like 2

I will see if I can get a list with the abilities and their buffs/debuffs up next week, I should probably include cost and cast time, will probably not mention which item gives what and their titles, just to keep some secrecy.

I think the title is more of a reference to dnd evocation school of magic then anything else. 

Just a question about the buffs bar: Is it possible to include more buffs like having increased skillgain for having 70% nutrition, village bonuses to crafting and enchanting if there is high enough upkeep, buffs for kingdom titles(unless those are already in)? Buffs for wearing some titles like master chainsmith that makes you imp chain armour faster, and i can go on... 

Edited by atazs

Yes it is possible to add more of them. 
I added some of the buffs that come with the meditation paths to the bar and the spell effects window, only problem with adding some of them is that they require a power level and with the meditation ones I added they don't really have one, they are always at full effect.  Not sure if I managed to get all of them in.

The only thing that is problematic when adding other buffs is actually finding where to add or remove them, the nutrition one should be pretty easy to find, but the other ones... no idea where to put them in.

• Like 1

Yes please. Then people can discuss balancing. This seems off at the the moment, for such a powerful debuff I would expect a spell that does some damage, the debuff for evocator is alot and the spell is lame and useless in pvp. One of the other guys who ate a cherry quit cuz of it. :/

Discussing balancing would be pretty awesome. Some buffs/debuffs are nearly entirely meaningless. Greatest examples are acid and water buff or debuff. Water damage will only occur when drowning and acid damage... I'm not even sure what gives acid damage.

• Like 2

The spawns of Uttacha should have an acid attack now, it is supposed to be pretty rare so you might end up killing them before they use it, don't think it has a visible effect yet, so not that happy about it. I don't like adding stuff that has no graphics when they should have it.

As far as I can see the damage of Karma bolt is based off a skill check  so the damage can differ a lot between casts.
Actually I think all the offensive abilities works that way.

edit: skill check * base damage.

Im gonna hold my opinions and refrain from speaking further  until everyone can see and a discussion can be had, thanks Erik.

I think as it is currently it you manage to gather all the abilities on one character you are going to have a character that is weaker against everything but has a lot of spells that it probably wont be able to use freely due to a lack of karma.

Just as a side note the physical damage debuff was originally a lot worse then it is now, as in you would have taken double damage.

noo

thats too craaaaaaaaaaaazy isnt it?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

WHY WOULD SOMEONE EVER DO THAT

Not sure if corrosive traps still do acid dmg. The spawn using acid might make them more interesting to fight now.

EDIT: A poison buff is pretty weak with the limited options, unless Venom is a poison type and not some other mechanism.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

It is of no real value to a pvper, not much of a balance to 30% damage addition