Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

Sorcery: Evocator Info

I don't think you notice how easy it is in theory to kill someone with a 200% damage to burn debuff. That would be a nicely place lava pillar would mean a near instant death, and for the lag wurm has now. You can be 3 tiles off the pillar, and still get hit. If fireheart, and firebrand also take some of this damage; why even try to pvp anymore, since MR is the only one that really attempts to pvp with other kingdoms, and Mag is the fire-related god.

Tentacles is still strong as or stronger than fire/ice pillar with a weakness, no big deal.  It wouldn't kill you anyway. 

And fireheart/shard of ice with weakness are still like, the weakest spells in the game.  I did a 3 dmg cast to someone with a weakness, big woo...

I'd also like to know if any stats/skills help with the spells.  Difficulty to cast is mentioned, so what helps it, if anything?  Channeling would put non-priests at a big disadvantage, soul depth wouldn't so much.

I don't think any stat helps cause both myself and a very skilled up account have Continuum, neither of us get good casts ever.  Think between us the highest we've gotten has been about 55-60 power.  

For buff ones I'm saying.  Other buffs are static, Continuum is a random time.  I just want to know if there's a skill to grind to get better casts, because Continuum really seems extremely hard just to get over 1 minute.  

Mind/soul stats.

And it does matter, I got considerably better wall casts than another account with a lot less soul (sameish mind).

Walls seem to be pretty easy to cast though, I generally got ~70-80ql, and almost never the default 50ql

first couple i cast, 69,50,63,76,93,80,78

Edited by Kagrenac

Mind stats do appear to help but I strongly think there's also a skill tied into the calculations and spell difficulty.

Similar to priests Soul Depth + Channeling

So maybe Mind Logic or Speed or both + ????

Well if someone is willing to blow karma on spells, cast and see if any stats turn green, would be a clear indication of affecting at all possibly.

• Like 1

Time for some light reading: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atcc7XVCBLcTdExQdjFxcWhaeW00X3VSUTlhQXMwNHc&usp=sharing
Hope the link works and the sharing settings are correct.

This is just compilation of the current state of the spells and buffs.
If you spot something that seems to be incorrect please point it out.

I have been working on other things mostly so it has been put together bit by bit, there is probably some errors in there due to my mind being all over the place while working on it.

• Like 4

Looks like someone ran out of ideas when 3 wall spells with different elements in the name and stuff like increased damage to weapons, probably best to keep it simple and have different types of direct damage spells like poison, fire, ice etc so can take advantages of debuffs if running out of ideas, rather than stuff doesn't work or are underpowered.  Also seem like very hard to balance the costs and cooldown with such diverse spells, but I do like some of them.

A few pillar type spells in there possibly as they already coded and stuff one I just got from top of my head is a tangling vine, slowing pillar to keep people in place but little to no damage, prob just get cast over them and waste of karma tbh though.

The trap one sounds interesting kinda like a pillar? hard to understand that from description. if it traps a 3x3 area and cant be cast over the top of, it sounds interesting and quite powerful, depending on how much dmg it does.

Edited by Rushy

I would say casting timer is an important detail that isn't in the table, walls are pretty much useless with their long castin

g timer.(at least stone, assuming fire walls damage people that walk through them and ice walls are stone+ice mist or something?

I guess there are no terrain modification/weather changing spells like the 1.1 introduction to sorcery said?

Unless lightning=weather and forecast=terrain modification?

Cast time for the spells are under the Time column in the sheet named Spells.

The ice wall is a wall made out of solid ice, so it functions the same as the stone one. They have some animation to them for looks. 
And fire damages you when you walk through it, or it should at any rate, and did last time I tested it.

The terrain modification stuff don't come from the abilities them selves, they are special items. 

That continuum spell seems to be overpowered, even if it is for a short time.

60% overall damage reduction.. Maybe 15% at most.

Edited by merce

Nah, 60% is fine.  It actually was originally 80%, and I asked it be lowered, and the karma cost raised - so it has been nerfed already.  60% is a bit, but the duration is extremely short, so it's fairly balanced.  

Original was 80% and 500 karma.  Now is 60%/650. 

Edited by Postes

I would rather see it with a more reliable duration and a bit less reduction, as things are now most of the buff spells seem to be far to unreliable when it actually comes to how long they will last.

• Like 2

yeah 10 seconds casts are painful  ;-)

Edited by vill

I havent seen a cast last longer than 15 seconds after it was nerfed, so a more reliable duration would be nice even if the % reduction was reduced a bit more.

Also I just noticed the "rust monster" spell it is really dumb and pointless.

Edited by Baultr

Cast time for the spells are under the Time column in the sheet named Spells.

The ice wall is a wall made out of solid ice, so it functions the same as the stone one. They have some animation to them for looks. 

And fire damages you when you walk through it, or it should at any rate, and did last time I tested it.

The terrain modification stuff don't come from the abilities them selves, they are special items. 

How did i miss that.

Is the casting timer for walls correct?

Rolf said the casting timer goes down by 1 per 10 mind logic, the info in the table is incorrect if that is the case.

Ive always wondered if the power should be more tied to the star gem ql, and/or make the gem staffs take dmg over usage/outright break.

EDIT: Oh yeah not to mention the various types of star gems... perhaps akin to the differences between altar materials.

Edited by Klaa

Ive always wondered if the power should be more tied to the star gem ql, and/or make the gem staffs take dmg over usage/outright break.

EDIT: Oh yeah not to mention the various types of star gems... perhaps akin to the differences between altar materials.

Do you realise how hard it is to get a star gem? Nevermind a high ql one.

• Like 2

Thats the idea... and yes I generally enjoy mining more than most players.

Can one cast buff spells like Rustmonster, Continuum, Stoneskin etc on allies?

Also Rustmonster seems pretty useless... It would be neat to have the spell instantly put X damage on enemy equipped gear, or have it weaken the effectiveness of enemy equipped armor and weapons casted either on a single target or in an area. This way an 80ql sword would act like a 30ql sword for a short time and the spell could be quite useful.

Why are the damage values for spells on the page so high? Most Karma spells I know of do around five damage. I hope nobody hits me with a 30,000 damage fireball... 

Edited by Aflacduck

Thanks for the info I will post thoughts later. Lots to talk about.

Ok well, debuffs.  The idea behind debuffs was to always be worse than given buffs, so you couldn't just cancel them out.  I accepted my debuff knowing this but.... that doesn't seem to be the case, so why?  The physical buff/debuff is only a slight end debuff (which I assume is because the buff was lowered).  The poison buff/debuff outright cancel each other out.  Slashing, piercing, and crushing all have an end buff combined.  That's 5 out of 12 buff/debuffs, so why do the other 7 act differently?  Just looking at the list of combinations, most of them...  I wouldn't dream of throwing on my account permanently.  They should all have a max of 100% (2x) debuff imo, this way it's not crippling to accounts, and you're given a chance to undo, even a slight one.

Spells, they're generally all... bad.  But I have no personal experience with any but Fireball.  Sme and I have used it in pvp about...  maybe 4 times?  Lets put this into perspective, we've had the spell for three months, and used it 4 times.  It can be good when used properly, but it's hard to even be given the chance to use it.  It's... comparable to worm brains for cast timer and damage, but worse in every other way.  It has a really short distance it can be casted, that alone cripples most chances of being able to use it, where yet if I were to cast Fireheart, it can be done at a way longer range.  Cooldown, 3 minutes, really?  Not only if I'm lucky to be close enough to get a cast off without being stopped, I can't even recast for 3 minutes, while I just hit all my allies in the process using this amazing splash damage, and I just blew 1000 karma.  Karma disease and Fireball both use 1000 karma, that's... a lot.  The rest of the spells on average use 500 karma.  As my own spell I can't claim unbiased; but what I'd like to see is the karma cost dropped to 500 or so, the casting distance increased (would have to test again for exact distance currently, I think it's like 3-5 tiles), and the cooldown dropped to maybe 30 seconds.  Then, maybe will it be more balanced with spells that anyone can have and use that doesn't cost karma or have permanent affects on your account, and maybe used more than a few times in months.

• Like 1

Can one cast buff spells like Rustmonster, Continuum, Stoneskin etc on allies?

Also Rustmonster seems pretty useless... It would be neat to have the spell instantly put X damage on enemy equipped gear, or have it weaken the effectiveness of enemy equipped armor and weapons casted either on a single target or in an area. This way an 80ql sword would act like a 30ql sword for a short time and the spell could be quite useful.

Why are the damage values for spells on the page so high? Most Karma spells I know of do around five damage. I hope nobody hits me with a 30,000 damage fireball...

It's the 'base damage' kind of. It takes that large number, does calculations on it based on things only devs know about, and then you're left with final damage.

The spawns of Uttacha should have an acid attack now, it is supposed to be pretty rare so you might end up killing them before they use it, don't think it has a visible effect yet, so not that happy about it. I don't like adding stuff that has no graphics when they should have it.

As far as I can see the damage of Karma bolt is based off a skill check  so the damage can differ a lot between casts.

Actually I think all the offensive abilities works that way.

edit: skill check * base damage.

i ran into few uttacha's the other day they got me to half health with the acid attack

Edited by wasntme