Sign in to follow this  
Bruz

New Player In The Epic Server Serenity!

Hello Wurm Community I have recently joined the game 3 nights ago, I have found a few helpful people that have let me build on their Deed but I am completely oblivious as to what I should be training I am non premium, I am waiting until all skills are 20 someone told me this is most efficient as F2P cap is at 20, what should I be focusing on skillwise, and resource wise because I have no clue what I am doing, Ingame name: Bruz. - Thank You Guys :)

• Like 1

Do NOT wait until you hit 20 in all skills before going premium. You will lose out on VITAL characteristics. (Body Strength, Body Control etc)

Instead, wait until 1 of your characteristics is nearing 20 and get premium before it hits 20. (If possible)

Also, you won't be benefiting from the "Epic Curve" without premium. If you premium asap, your skills will act as though they are much higher than they actually are. http://wurmtoolbox.somee.com/CurveCalc.aspx You can use that to see what you skills will act as. (Note, some skills aren't affected, you should check the wiki for those)

As for your training, whatever you want really. If you want to learn to ride a horse asap (Can only do this after getting premium), work on your archery/fletching.

Edited by Ruxin

It is a game, what you 'should' be doing, is having fun, and learning the ropes.

Try a bit of everything, see what you like.

And welcome to Wurm!

This may be off topic, but i swear i've seen you in my local over the last couple of weeks. at least 3 weeks.

Thanks for the advice, and drkpagan, I am on firecat, ragzdads, and such's deed. :)

I am waiting until all skills are 20 someone told me this is most efficient as F2P cap is at 20

Someone lied to you. while you are waiting to get skills to 20, your characteristics are already going to be capped out, and you're going to be hurting yourself in the long run.

There's also the curve.

As for resources, depends on if you're living alone or not. 

Edited by Arronicus

Welcome to Serenity and I agree with everyone here that it's important to premium as soon as possible (especially on epic) if you want to maximize your gains.