Sign in to follow this  
eyerobot

Please Give us Realistic Dredging

As it is now, We use a dredge that can only hold two dirts, And it is full.  This is not realistic, As even the most ancient dredges could handle far more material than this.  If I were to drop that amount of dirt onto the ground, It would only add up to two shovels full. Far less than a real dredges capability.

We are required to remove the dirt from the dredge manually, And empty it into our ship, However this is a constant action every couple of seconds in my case.  And requires constant fast clicking.

Also these types of dredges were invented in the Bronze age.  They could not have used steel as it didn't exist. But steel is easier to come by than bronze in this game.

I believe I chose the wrong title for this post. It should have read Please Give Us Less Tendon Damage While Dredging!

Thank you!

Eyerobot

Edited by eyerobot

yeah make it more realistic,like the unicorns and magic is.

i support better dredges but not for realism sake

I don't want more realistic dredges, I want dredges that are less of a pain in the bum. It's really easy for someone to drop a dirt spike in the water and then it takes forever to remove it.

Show me a dredge that can carry more than 40kg dirt?

And LOL to any mentioning of realism. 20kg of dirt per dig? Thats one hell of a shovel.

Anywho, dredging is a pita and should magically dredge the dirt into the ships hold instead.

We are required to remove the dirt from the dredge manually, And empty it into our inventory, Before moving it yet again to the ship.  This is not realistic, Nowhere in history did people ever put the dirt in their pocket before moving it to the ship.  Even the most rudimentary dredges using the spoon and bag method employed in Wurm, Emptied directly into the barge.

Not any more, container-to-container loading.

Container to Container means nothing when it's having to be dragged and dropped every other second.  If I have to spend my game time clicking as fast as i can go, Just to get some boring job done, Then I'm going to lose interest real fast.  The idea is to make the game experience go smooth, Rather than give them tendon damage from playing it.

Dredges are a pain when they only fit 2 dirt. Either dirt capacity is related to ql. So a 20ql dredge would have 2 dirt capacity and a 90ql would fit 9 dirt. Or make it so that a dredge can be fitted to a boat and when used (like the leveling feature, stamina based) fills into either player inventory or boat hold. Depending on mechanics.

I'd much rather it be used just like the shovel, so it depends on the players skill, and saves another (useless) click & drag.

• Like 1