Sign in to follow this  
Ocean

Scrying Orb (Wurmian security!)

A scrying orb - it's like a lamp but with an orb instead of a lamp head.

It can be enchanted and then used (through magic/favor) to look into, showing you a 360 view of wherever the orb-post is.

For example, you could be in your house, and when you use the spell (linked to a particular scrying orb) - it lets you view that particular area as if you were standing there, looking from 10 feet in the air.

This would be extremely cool for many different things, and even the PvP crowd would love it (see if your enemies are in that bottleneck, giving you an idea of what they are up to for example).

This wouldn't be a bad thing for PvP - because they're reliant on magic they can't be constantly used. Each kingdom would be equal and building them too close to enemy lines would make them more vulnerable to being destroyed, and only priests would be able to use them (with favor).

Edited by Ocean

Different idea but I agree, it would give a person to much intel on the enemy and it would make locates useless. 

Any PVP imbalance it may (or may not) generate, could be equalized by making orb-post reasonably fragile.  (And/or making anyone who is using it take damage is the orb-post is attacked.)

It seems like kind of a neat idea, maybe someone will stick one on the top of Dragon Fang mountain, and we can all enjoy the view from relative safety.

I don't know if I'd ever build one myself, but I think it sounds like fun, and should be fairly simple to implement into the game.

So, +1 from me.  (Great creativity should be rewarded.)

• Like 1

As a player on the Pvp server cluster, I like this. Making it reasonably fragile, or only something you could build on your own deed, would both be reasonable avenues I think. Perhaps even a cast that lasted up to a day, or a couple days? Either way,

+1

PS. Not sure how this would make locates useless, or even devalue them, especially if it simply gave a view, without showing local chat or anything, so you could see what was there, but not specifically who. 

• Like 1

We already have one of these for PvP, called an Alt :P

But in seriousness, if you want to see an area, then just go there yourself, or send an alt. I honestly feel this is just more a lazy-man's tool.

• Like 1

you stole this from league of legends 

>Implying league of legends ever had an original idea. 

Scrying orbs, were not only in Runescape, and warcraft III LONG before league of legends, but have existed for hundreds of years.

Scrying orb release date in Runescape:13 June 2005(Update)

Wikipedia article on Scrying (including orbs): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrying

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 1